GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Tom, you already have at least 6 sane spare motors from the first device, may be all the 8, since we don't know for sure wich part failed that time. That should not be hard to replace any motor in a modded seat. I can send you a replacement for the weak one. How else can I help you?

Thank you Andre. Your customer support is the best. Can these motors be replaced with ones that dont break as much? I would gladly buy a replacement if I could get them here in the US.

Also, a detailed video demonstrating the ways to fix (with silicone) or replace (soldering?) would help me and some other customers out a lot.

Since I havent used the defective first Jetseat I purchased for a long time, from what you have said those motors might be inactive and unusable due to lack of use . A replacement motor to fix my second Jetseat sounds like a safer way to go.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

I don't have other kind of motors to offer, Tom. Most of hidden problems reveals at the first months of use and covered by the warranty.

I will provide you with a video how to lubricate and the motor when I get back home.

I'm sure some of those motors you alredy have coud be used.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have other kind of motors to offer, Tom. Most of hidden problems reveals at the first months of use and covered by the warranty.

I will provide you with a video how to lubricate and the motor when I get back home.

I'm sure some of those motors you alredy have coud be used.

OK Andre. Thank you. Thats sounds good. Since the upper right shoulder motor is still working at half power Im in no real rush to replace it now.

Can you suggest what kind of silicone I should buy at Amazon to fix the low power motor? And please tell me the tools I will need to remove and replace a motor if that is needed in the future.

I look forward to your videos as well. Since that is just the way motors are, Im sure many others will benefit from the instruction as well. :)

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Question: Can someone post a picture of your SimShaker for Aviators settings please if you have several - maybe one your favorite piston and jet aircraft

That would be great! I'll buy you a beer if you are ever in Las Vegas or the Austrian Grand Prix this year :)

Hey Andre I finally decided which seat I was going to get it is the speedmaster flight will I have any problems with fit using the jetseat you just sent me?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi Andre, i see that the company developing the kw 908 is making a new version of the kw 908. Do you know anything about this and the features of the new kw 908?

Hi Wakkaman,

I don't have more information than been announced at that Forcefeel web-site.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Andre I finally decided which seat I was going to get it is the speedmaster flight will I have any problems with fit using the jetseat you just sent me?

Hi BlacleyCole,

I don't expect any problems with that speedmaster seat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good I may order a custom one down the road with padding to match the seats layout. Not that comfortable when your sitting on the motors and they start applying pressure almost to the point of pressure sore forming not saying that I’m having that problem right now but I tried it a couple of times in my flexsteel recliner I would use the massage apps then try to test things from it it was so uncomfortable I put it off to the side. Until the speedmaster arrives I’ll be using a card chair and put it on it that will be a better test.

But I was wondering if I drew out patterns and or provide cardboard templates of the speedmaster would it be possible to get a 2-4” cushion with your best motors and will it work effectively?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Ordered one 6 months ago, and it indeed add to the immersion. However, two units on my seat, bottom left and top right, have also already failed on me. How would I go about getting replacement ones? thanks!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Good I may order a custom one down the road with padding to match the seats layout. Not that comfortable when your sitting on the motors and they start applying pressure almost to the point of pressure sore forming not saying that I’m having that problem right now but I tried it a couple of times in my flexsteel recliner I would use the massage apps then try to test things from it it was so uncomfortable I put it off to the side. Until the speedmaster arrives I’ll be using a card chair and put it on it that will be a better test.

But I was wondering if I drew out patterns and or provide cardboard templates of the speedmaster would it be possible to get a 2-4” cushion with your best motors and will it work effectively?

Customized seats will be available late in this year.

Will it work effectively or not depends on many factors. Hard to say.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ordered one 6 months ago, and it indeed add to the immersion. However, two units on my seat, bottom left and top right, have also already failed on me. How would I go about getting replacement ones? thanks!

First of all give those motors some good punches. In some cases they just temporarily get stuck.

If still no luck, provide me with your order ID, that may be a warranty case to get replacement free of charge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all give those motors some good punches. In some cases they just temporarily get stuck.

If still no luck, provide me with your order ID, that may be a warranty case to get replacement free of charge.

In addition to Andre's reply, I would suggest to check the wires:

In my seat two wires had been placed over one of the motor enclosures, and that caused them to break, disabling one of the bottom motors.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Question about Sound Mode

Andre - Here is what I am trying to do.

Is there any way to use the DAC+AMP and the JetSeat in "Sound Mode"?

1. I have a headphones (default device) I am using with an PCIe sound card for virtual surround sound.

2. I have a Fiio E10 DAC+AMP pluged into a USB 2.0

I tried to plug in the JetSeat into the DAC+AMP and in windows use stereo mix to play what default device is hearing through the JetSeat but I don't feel the JetSeat working.

What I think is the problem is the DAC+AMP is connected via USB and will only work in games with USB support, like DCS but not IL-2 because it's not supported via USB - correct?

I tried to plug in the JetSeat into the DAC+AMP and in windows use stereo mix to play what default device is hearing through the JetSeat but I don't feel the JetSeat working.

In this case check to be sure a black dial on the JetSeat remote control is set on High and the Sound Capture mode is ON. If still no luck, try to increase volume of the sound coming through the JetSeat.

To keep your ears safe, it's recommended to use a headphones that features a volume control on it.

What I think is the problem is the DAC+AMP is connected via USB and will only work in games with USB support, like DCS but not IL-2 because it's not supported via USB - correct?
No, I think this is a wrong idea. With USB supported games (like DCS) JetSeat is controlled via USB. The game sound is not involved at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In this case check to be sure a black dial on the JetSeat remote control is set on High and the Sound Capture mode is ON. If still no luck, try to increase volume of the sound coming through the JetSeat.

To keep your ears safe, it's recommended to use a headphones that features a volume control on it.

No, I think this is a wrong idea. With USB supported games (like DCS) JetSeat is controlled via USB. The game sound is not involved at all.

Thanks Andre! For the file of me - I can't get the sound mode to work with a DAC+AMP to save my life Grrr! Any help - anyone?

Hi Folks,

I love my jet seat.

Really adds something extra to the DCS experience.

I cant get it working with IL2 BOS though.

Is this supported?

If not will it be?

Many thanks.

Good question.That strictly depends on IL2 BoX team.

I think those posts will clarify things:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32394-api-for-export-of-flight-data/

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32759-final-release-battle-kuban-delayed-little-bit/?do=findComment&comment=544514

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32759-final-release-of-battle-of-kuban-delayed-a-little-bit/?do=findComment&comment=545062

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sound strange. May I see your Gametrix Control panel settings screenshot?

OK! I figured it out! Sound Mode Setup with dual output setup!

1. Plugged in Headphones into the FiiO e10 DAC+AMP and set it to default device.

2. Plugged in the Gametrix-908 Jet Seat into the Creative Lab Soundblaster Zx sound card ( to use the used Creative Studio EQ to play around with settings)

3. Set my Headphones to playback through the Gametrix-908 Jet Seat via Stereo Mix.

No matter what I did - I couldn't boost the Gametrix Jet Seat feedback with the SB software to the levels that remotely reached the DAC+AMP with zero effort (it literally was plug and play). I think the issue was with the soundcard so I sent it back.

Thus, the best results (for my hardware setup) was simply connecting the Headphones + Gametrix Jet Seat into the DAC+AMP directly.

Setting the in game sounds to 50% gave my ears leeway run up the DAC+AMP to higher levels which obviously gave more juice to the Headphones + Gametrix Jet Seat combo. The guns sounded amazing and the engine rpm changes were noticeable - but not as pronounced as I would like.

Maybe if someone had EQ settings and other setup instructions on how to use EQ settings to separate engine sound from other gun sounds - this isn't as issue with DCS as the API communicates with the Gametrix Jet Seat. Note: This is just a Sound Mode Issue for games that do not support the Jet Seat.

Awesome product Andre!

Jetseat problem - 2.5 release version

Hi Andre

I updated my DCS World from 2.5 Open beta to 2.5 Release, which I did as a fresh install. on the first flight the jetseat failed to work, although all motors work when tested.

I uninstalled Simshaker and jetseat and reloaded all. It now only picks up the 2.5 release version and it appears to install all .lua files in the saved games folder. I have checked to make sure that it is allowed through the firewall and I have deleted the export.lua and it still does not work?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi Andre

I get vibrations in all the motors.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Thank you Neal,

this is obviously not the JetSeat failure in such a case.

Looks like SimShaker for Aviators software do not issue control commands to JetSeat.

I can see you are already discussing that with f4l0 in SimShaker for Aviators official thread. I think that's a right decision.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]