GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

So I'm still getting a huge error message only when flying the F14A is there a known fix for this? It works fine with the B, and every other plane. Load up the A and the sofware errors out. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 minute ago, Harlikwin said:

So I'm still getting a huge error message only when flying the F14A is there a known fix for this? It works fine with the B, and every other plane. Load up the A and the sofware errors out. 

If you mean SimShaker for Aviators errors you'd better discuss that at SSA support thread.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, =Andre= said:

If you mean SimShaker for Aviators errors you'd better discuss that at SSA support thread.

Yeah, its the software, sorry. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 3/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, fUnk3mUnk3 said:

Hello all

So none of the version beyond SimShaker Sound Module | Version 2.20 seem to work for me the application will not open so I have to roll back to 2.20. Any ideas?

Also I get this error on 2.20 hence why i want to upgrade.

image.png

Are you using the auto start with windows function in SSA? It's currently bugged...

Edited by f4l0

I'm sad to say my KW-908 Jetseat that I ordered years ago has stopped powering on. Have not flown in what seems like 8 months and I plugged it in today, but no red light on the control box. I'm sure my adapter works as I've tested it. Something inside the seat pad may have broke.

I knew about the newer models but never got a chance to order. I see the shop is currently closed until March 20th. Have people still been putting in orders? Sadly I thought I would be fine without the Jetseat but I can not fly without one now!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

38 minutes ago, sze5003 said:

I'm sad to say my KW-908 Jetseat that I ordered years ago has stopped powering on. Have not flown in what seems like 8 months and I plugged it in today, but no red light on the control box. I'm sure my adapter works as I've tested it. Something inside the seat pad may have broke.

There is a troubleshooting guide in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a troubleshooting guide in the User Guide https://simshaker.com/guides/jetpad/
Thank you. Only thing I do not have is a voltmeter to check the power output despite the led not lighting up.

I'm assuming it's dead and will be looking forward to order another soon. This thing lasted a long time with me sitting on it every day.

I could also cut the fabric on the back and look inside.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Is the Jetseat SE from the US partner the only one available shipping from US or is the regular pad an option too?

Managed to get my k908 working..it was a bent pin in the power adapter. But bottom two motors stopped. I gave them a few punches but still nothing. Could be some pinched wires or dead but I haven't cut the foam that far down to check.

1 hour ago, sze5003 said:

Is the Jetseat SE from the US partner the only one available shipping from US or is the regular pad an option too?

FSE black covered unit only.

Other types of units can be shipped from Russia. DHL delivers it within a few business days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the A-10C II not yet supported?  It does not seem to work with my SimShaker.  I will try a fresh install. 
Was flying the A10C II last night. I was getting vibration feedback on the motors that still function on my jetseat.

Hi, @=Andre=Thank you for your quick reply to my e-mail! 

• To anyone in Canada that has Received a JetPad in the last 3 years can you confirm how much TAX and Duty you Paid?
    • I am hoping that it will just be the Standard 13% HST and 5% Default Duty after that.

[edit]

It's Official - My Order has been Placed in the shop and I got my INVOICE # IN##00##32

It looks like my "wife" will eventually be getting a Olive Green JetPad FSE edition.   Hahaha

I did appreciate how buying SimsHaker WHEELS at the time of checkout gives a discount on the software.  😀

A purchase of SimShaker Wings at the same time with a similar discount would have resulted in me getting both, but I will hold off for now.   

Cheers.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added updated order confirmation and comments
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I just received mine, and I tried it out on DCS with the F-16, UH-1, and the F-14. I have not altered the settings at all, and I use mine in a USB mode.

I'm using SimShaker for Aviators.
The default vibration on a level flight in 1G is pretty significant. What settings alters that? In addition, I don't really feel the touchdown on a runway at all, since the default vibration is high enough. While flying, I changed the "engine rumble/piston beat" to 1 instead of 50, and no apparent effect.

Edited by Vähäkylä

• 2 weeks later...

Got my jetseat yesterday evening, thanks for that!  Arrived pretty quickly.  Have a couple of questions based on configuring last night for the f18....

- what is the proper procedure after you make a change in one of the settings in simshaker for aviators for that change to be recognized?  Turning the effect on and off seemed to be recognized immediately, whereas changes to the intensity value seemed not to be applied immediately. Do I have to restart the mission or the seat or both or?

- several of the effects seemed to have a minimum intensity value in SSA for them to work at all.  For example, I couldn't get any feedback at all if the canopy open/close was set for less than 15.  Should I be able to feel small values all the way down to 1?

- what do the filter options do on the Special Options menu in SSA?

Thanks for you help!

Edited by j9murphy

30 minutes ago, j9murphy said:

Got my jetseat yesterday evening, thanks for that!  Arrived pretty quickly.  Have a couple of questions based on configuring last night for the f18....

- what is the proper procedure after you make a change in one of the settings in simshaker for aviators for that change to be recognized?  Turning the effect on and off seemed to be recognized immediately, whereas changes to the intensity value seemed not to be applied immediately. Do I have to restart the mission or the seat or both or?

Changes to the intensity values should be applied immediately as well. I don't think any special actions to make them take effect. Maybe the changes just do not so much noticeable.

- several of the effects seemed to have a minimum intensity value in SSA for them to work at all.  For example, I couldn't get any feedback at all if the canopy open/close was set for less than 15.  Should I be able to feel small values all the way down to 1?

That's got a bit complicated with time. It happened that different JetSeat/JetPad units and versions are equipped with a bit different motor types, which may have different params. So, SSA controls range developed having in mind a certain motors type, may not fit perfectly to other motors type. I don't think that SSA developer is able to test all the variants.

- what do the filter options do on the Special Options menu in SSA?

I think that's to filter out unwanted vibrations during the flight which can be caused by small flaps movements. I'm not sure about the wings and canopy since I have not followed this topic closely. Please check in the [Official] SimShaker for Aviators  thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Changes to the intensity values should be applied immediately as well. I don't think any special actions to make them take effect. Maybe the changes just do not so much noticeable.

That's got a bit complicated with time. It happened that different JetSeat/JetPad units and versions are equipped with a bit different motor types, which may have different params. So, SSA controls range developed having in mind a certain motors type, may not fit perfectly to other motors type. I don't think that SSA developer is able to test all the variants.

I think that's to filter out unwanted vibrations during the flight which can be caused by small flaps movements. I'm not sure about the wings and canopy since I have not followed this topic closely. Please check in the [Official] SimShaker for Aviators  thread.

Thank you for the response, one more question.  Can I unzip the seat and change the exit of the wires to the other side without creating any problems?

27 minutes ago, j9murphy said:

Thank you for the response, one more question.  Can I unzip the seat and change the exit of the wires to the other side without creating any problems?

Yes, you can. There is a slot in the cover and a plastic fastening stripe on the other side.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/26/2021 at 1:10 PM, shaun57 said:

I was getting exactly that and it was a sync problem between WMR and SteamVR. Try this..

Go back to the WMR cliff house and bring up a desktop window. On the desktop you should see the WMR portal window. From there bring up "setup room boundary" and select Seating/standing. Then with the headset still on make sure you're sitting exactly where you'll be to fly DCS and allow the seating/standing setup to complete.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:56 AM, f4l0 said:

Are you using the auto start with windows function in SSA? It's currently bugged...

That would explain it thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Andre,

I have had my Gametrix Jet Seat going on three years and I just don't like flying without.   However; now 5 five of the 8 transducers have stopped working.  I have tried "tapping" on them lightly without effect.   Do you have any suggestions on how to diagnose and repair?   Is there any software reset in the controller?

Thanks

Alan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

18 hours ago, TWC_Alamo said:

Andre,

I have had my Gametrix Jet Seat going on three years and I just don't like flying without.   However; now 5 five of the 8 transducers have stopped working.  I have tried "tapping" on them lightly without effect.   Do you have any suggestions on how to diagnose and repair?   Is there any software reset in the controller?

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

5 of the 8 transducers... Hmm, that's a lot... I'm afraid it's time for upgrade. I think I could provide you with a better device now. If you'd like me to make a new one based on your old KW-908 unit, we could discuss it via email.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@TWC_Alamo upgrade if you can..

The new JetPads are really nice! I just got mine a few weeks ago and the fabric and quality is fantastic.  Vibration is stronger than I expected too!

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]