GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

The Jetseat has been a great investment.

I bought a ButtKicker a few months after the Jetseat but in reality the Jetseat provides for 90% of what I feel I really need.  Great Product!  

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

7 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

The Jetseat has been a great investment.

I bought a ButtKicker a few months after the Jetseat but in reality the Jetseat provides for 90% of what I feel I really need.  Great Product!  

I believe the BK might provide a better effect for single, powerful effects, like afterburner, touchdown... right?

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

8 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

I believe the BK might provide a better effect for single, powerful effects, like afterburner, touchdown... right?

Yes indeed.. BK is good for GUNS, Airbrake and Flaps Too!! I also appreciate it for other simulations like when Shifting Gears..... Having the BK gives the Jetseat more of a chance to focus on finer feedback.  If I had to pick one I would take the JetSeat....  But Fun to have both! 

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 5 months later...

I apologize for my English, I'm from the Czech Republic and I'm translating to google translator. My GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT is dead. I replaced the power supply by mistake and instead of 12v it went to KW-908 19V I probably found where exactly the fault is but I don't know exactly what part it is. Should anyone help? I can't order a new Jet Pad and I can't imagine a flight without the KW-908. I'm sad about it, I've flown on it already
  6 years. Maybe if he went to get the interior itself, that would be enough. I will attach a photo with a defect

284506427_286234576974196_67066022742826321_n.jpg

284097809_3150247071972032_7152460451028197872_n.jpg

[sIGPIC]www.mb2.cz[/sIGPIC] Come play with us

6 minutes ago, MB2_Svejk said:

And is it now possible to order a new KW-908 washer from you to the Czech Republic?

I've got the product, I've got the spare parts. But how do you pay me? PayPal, Visa, MC don't work in Russia any more. 

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, i my JetSeat works well, but is turns off generating an error when i fly F-14A Tomcat. F-14B Tomcat works well. It's like it can't assign "F-14A/B" profile which is genereated in the program.

What to do to use it with F-14A like with F-14B?

BTW: Thanks =Andre= for your work.

F-14A error.jpg

Edited by bies

12 minutes ago, bies said:

Hi, i my JetSeat works well, but is turns off generating an error when i fly F-14A Tomcat. F-14B Tomcat works well. It's like it can't assign "F-14A/B" profile which is genereated in the program.

What to do to use it with F-14A like with F-14B?

BTW: Thanks =Andre= for your work.

F-14A error.jpg

Hi, I think that's easy to fix. Update the SimShaker for Aviators software to get  F-14A supported.

Please refer to this thread https://forum.dcs.world/topic/147495-official-simshaker-for-aviators/

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators. It's by f4l0.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hi, I think that's easy to fix. Update the SimShaker for Aviators software to get  F-14A supported.

Please refer to this thread https://forum.dcs.world/topic/147495-official-simshaker-for-aviators/

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators. It's by f4l0.

Thanks, it works perfectly. I don't know how i missed the f410 version of the software.

• 3 weeks later...

I must thank ˇ = Andre = in advance. A friend brought me both a spare part and a new pad. Both work but there are differences in them after thorough testing, I think the difference is in the used vibration motors. The new pad has stronger vibrations, which I welcome, but you can't control the speed. With the old pad, the vibrations can be regulated more gently from gentle to strong, but not as strong as with the new one. Does this have a solution?

IMG_20220620_123120 (1).jpg

IMG_20220620_123245 (1).jpg

IMG_20220620_123142 (1).jpg

IMG_20220620_123443 (1).jpg

IMG_20220620_123150 (1).jpg

3 hours ago, MB2_Svejk said:

I must thank ˇ = Andre = in advance. A friend brought me both a spare part and a new pad. Both work but there are differences in them after thorough testing, I think the difference is in the used vibration motors. The new pad has stronger vibrations, which I welcome, but you can't control the speed. With the old pad, the vibrations can be regulated more gently from gentle to strong, but not as strong as with the new one. Does this have a solution?

Yes, the new motors provide stronger vibration feeling but they start to run more abruptly which makes them harder to control at low values.

From one hand, you can make the vibration softer. First of all you can use Low - High dial at the remote control. By default it's disabled for USB mode, you can enable it via Gametrix Control Panel software.

If that's not enough, you can use reduced voltage power supply. For example. I use 9 Volts instead of 12 Volts with Robiton SN 1000 S universal power supply unit. It would make the motors behavior close to the motors used by Gametrix.

If that's still not enough we could arrange motor replacement with weaker motors.

From the other hand, I realize that you'd rather prefer to keep vibration strength high for most of the effects, but reduce the vibration level for a few selected effects like engine humming for example. I think a good approach to try would be reducing number of the motors engaged into those selected effects. For instance we could edit correspondent .uwv files so engine effect engaged just 2 motors located in the kidney area. I assume the overall vibration feeling would be essentially reduced for those effects. If that's fine with you we could make some adjustments and tests.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Yes, the new motors provide stronger vibration feeling but they start to run more abruptly which makes them harder to control at low values.

From one hand, you can make the vibration softer. First of all you can use Low - High dial at the remote control. By default it's disabled for USB mode, you can enable it via Gametrix Control Panel software.

If that's not enough, you can use reduced voltage power supply. For example. I use 9 Volts instead of 12 Volts with Robiton SN 1000 S universal power supply unit. It would make the motors behavior close to the motors used by Gametrix.

If that's still not enough we could arrange motor replacement with weaker motors.

From the other hand, I realize that you'd rather prefer to keep vibration strength high for most of the effects, but reduce the vibration level for a few selected effects like engine humming for example. I think a good approach to try would be reducing number of the motors engaged into those selected effects. For instance we could edit correspondent .uwv files so engine effect engaged just 2 motors located in the kidney area. I assume the overall vibration feeling would be essentially reduced for those effects. If that's fine with you we could make some adjustments and tests.

What is the minimum value for voltage you think the motors can sustain? 

Mine with 9v are still acting up

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

15 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

What is the minimum value for voltage you think the motors can sustain? 

Mine with 9v are still acting up

I don't think low voltage can harm the motors in this case. Try as low as your power supply unit can offer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

I don't think low voltage can harm the motors in this case. Try as low as your power supply unit can offer.

I will this weekend, appreciate sir. 

I'm sure it doesn't help my flat has some issues with grounding, a technician told me the pcb from my boiler stopped working because of wrong grounding values, it's not 0v but 10v or something similar, he took measurements 

18 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Ano, nové motory poskytují silnější vibrace, ale začínají pracovat prudčeji, což ztěžuje jejich ovládání při nízkých hodnotách.

Z jedné ruky můžete vibrace zmírnit. Nejprve můžete použít Low - High kolečko na dálkovém ovladači. Ve výchozím nastavení je pro režim USB zakázán, můžete jej povolit pomocí softwaru Gametrix Control Panel.

Pokud to nestačí, můžete použít napájecí zdroj se sníženým napětím. Například. S univerzálním napájecím zdrojem Robiton SN 1000 S používám 9 voltů místo 12 voltů. Chování motorů by se tím přiblížilo motorům používaným společností Gametrix.

Pokud by to stále nestačilo, můžeme zajistit výměnu motoru za slabší motory.

Na druhou stranu si uvědomuji, že byste raději měli u většiny efektů zachovat vysokou sílu vibrací, ale snížit úroveň vibrací u několika vybraných efektů, jako je například hučení motoru. Myslím, že dobrým přístupem k vyzkoušení by bylo snížení počtu motorů zapojených do těchto vybraných efektů. Mohli jsme například upravit odpovídající soubory .uwv, takže efekt motoru zabíral pouze 2 motory umístěné v oblasti ledvin. Předpokládám, že celkový pocit vibrací by se u těchto efektů podstatně snížil. Pokud vám to vyhovuje, mohli bychom provést nějaké úpravy a testy.

You're right with 9V more like the old one. Nevertheless, the differences are generally smaller. Maybe it would help how you design the engines to set the kidneys only. I also have a problem with Ground Roll and flaps. The bad thing is that the engines react little to lowering the values and then suddenly off. In gametrix settings when I use the wheel only reduces the overall power and the bikes are off sooner. The best solution is to find vibrating motors that would exactly match the range of possible settings KW-908 + SimShaker 100 = 100% speed 50 = 50% speed 1 = 1 revolutions per second = rotating minimum feeling of vibration. I guess there are these now. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002364856035.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.11.59ce797fVaVETs&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.40000.267768.0&scm_id=1007.40000.267768.0&scm-url=1007.40000.267768.0&pvid=ca8fe661-0dcd-49b6-9d2f-c02d925ef562&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.40000.267768.0,pvid:ca8fe661-0dcd-49b6-9d2f-c02d925ef562,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238112%23558&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000020330749972"%2C"sceneId"%3A"30050"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!!1.99!!!!!%402103364716558067786354433e4250!12000020330749972!rec

For us, it would be necessary to find out how much the KW-908 max - min Volt gives and accordingly install vibrating motors max volt 5000 revolutions - min volt: 1 revolution in 1 second? Approximately. There were no completely subtle vibrations. 

3 hours ago, MB2_Svejk said:

You're right with 9V more like the old one. Nevertheless, the differences are generally smaller. Maybe it would help how you design the engines to set the kidneys only. I also have a problem with Ground Roll and flaps. The bad thing is that the engines react little to lowering the values and then suddenly off. In gametrix settings when I use the wheel only reduces the overall power and the bikes are off sooner. The best solution is to find vibrating motors that would exactly match the range of possible settings KW-908 + SimShaker 100 = 100% speed 50 = 50% speed 1 = 1 revolutions per second = rotating minimum feeling of vibration. I guess there are these now. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002364856035.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.11.59ce797fVaVETs&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.40000.267768.0&scm_id=1007.40000.267768.0&scm-url=1007.40000.267768.0&pvid=ca8fe661-0dcd-49b6-9d2f-c02d925ef562&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.40000.267768.0,pvid:ca8fe661-0dcd-49b6-9d2f-c02d925ef562,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238112%23558&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000020330749972"%2C"sceneId"%3A"30050"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!!1.99!!!!!%402103364716558067786354433e4250!12000020330749972!rec

For us, it would be necessary to find out how much the KW-908 max - min Volt gives and accordingly install vibrating motors max volt 5000 revolutions - min volt: 1 revolution in 1 second? Approximately. There were no completely subtle vibrations. 

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you. I'm sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know some cover that fits the seat that I can get?

I wanted a jetpad in OD green with the covers I saw on simshaker's site but with recent events and the economy I couldn't get a new jet seat from there to here for less than 600 dollars so that's a no go for now.

I was fortunate however that I found a nearly non used Gametrix KW-908 on ebay for less than 100 but one of the straps had came off at the seams due to poor stitching, other than that its mint. So I wanna get either a black or OD slip over cover for it to hide that horrendous orange color when its in my seat. I will try to make my own if I must but was hoping someone knew some type of cover that might fit that I can just buy since I have no sewing shops around here.

Edited by Sorata

On 7/12/2022 at 1:28 PM, =Andre= said:

Guys, anybody uses Oculus Quest 2 along with JetSeat/JetPad?

Yes, I do. Sorry for the delayed response 

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I still find the vibration weird, I upgraded the power supply to regulable 7/12v and 1A.

Results are still meh. 

more tests, when using the Gametrix control panel 1.3.1.1 to test the motors, they provide very decent rumble. When running DCS is nowhere close to that, it sounds more like a humming like they are underpowered or something.