GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

2 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

Nice one! That must be a relief to find.

Yeah it was, simple fix. The jetseat can keep chugging along duct tape and all.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi guys.  Hey, having a problem with my Jetseat.   A few days ago my Win 10 wanted to update, so I updated.  It seemed like a fairly large update.  Took about 20 min. and 4 or 5 restarts during.  Anyway, after my Jetseat stopped working.  Couple other controllers seemed messed up but I just unplugged them(usb) and plugged them back in and all good.  My Jetseat not so much.  It's strange, a couple of effects work.  The G simulator and at least one other effect...think it's some sort of turbulence not sure but point is 2 or 3 effects work but that's all.  This is in the F-18 by the way.  All other effects are dead.  I tried the A-10c module, just to see if the canopy close effect worked or engine start and it was dead also.  I reloaded the firmware, the Simshaker software.  Tried deleting all the Simshaker stuff in the Scripts folder to make it write new stuff.  No effect.  I'm stumped.  As I said, at least 2 effects are working, the rest dead.  If I test the motors, they work fine.  Seathandler says the seat is connected ok.  Just only those 2 or maybe 3 effects work.  Somehow, that Win 10 update messed up something.  Any ideas guys?  Hope Andre is listening.  Ok thanks fellows.

Hi Andre,

I hope you can help me with my Gametrix K908 seat.

Today one of the motors is running constantly by default (number 6 according o the Wings software). It is vibrating, does not react to software testing \ turning off, and it does not matter if the usb is plugged in or not. All the other motors behave as they should.

Trying to turn it off with the motor button on the controller does also not work or trying to change the vibration strength.

7 hours ago, Boss80 said:

Hi Andre,

I hope you can help me with my Gametrix K908 seat.

Today one of the motors is running constantly by default (number 6 according o the Wings software). It is vibrating, does not react to software testing \ turning off, and it does not matter if the usb is plugged in or not. All the other motors behave as they should.

Trying to turn it off with the motor button on the controller does also not work or trying to change the vibration strength.

Hi Boss80,

A tiny chip inside the control unit must be replaced I suppose. What is your country?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hi Andre,

I have been emailing with Sergio regarding ordering a new JetPad. The last few days, however, he has gone radio silent. Is he just busy or all OK?

Thanks

Hi greyeagle787,
last time I talked to him he was extremely busy. The high season has started. I will check again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

Great, Thank You Andre,

He got back to me almost immediately when I first emailed him. But it’s been 3-4 days now. Just hope he’s OK

Yes, he's OK. He had to address some family member issue lately, but he was going to be back to his duty soon. Thank you for your patience.

44 minutes ago, HILOK said:

happy new year, everyone!

hi @=Andre= two of my motors (see pic) failed. where can i get replacements?
thanks

image.jpeg

Hi Hilok,

KW-908 type. I've got some such spare motros left. I could provide you with it. What is your country?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

nullFor those who have replaced motors in their Jetseat...would these 12V rated options work you think? I need to do the measurements for case fit, but trying to ensure I find one with the proper power rating. Andre indicated I should test my faulty one with a 12V power supply, so assuming a 12V rated motor is the right call for this application. There are other options at lower DC voltage ratings, but figure I need to keep the motors matched up with the power supply rating?null

image.png

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, WS said:

After flying 3 or 4 missions my JetPad suddenly comes on.  Is there a way I can get it to come on for the initial  mission?

Maybe you could provide some SimShaker windows screenshots at the initial  mission time, so we could see more details?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Ok, and you confirm it is easy to open and close the new cover to insert parts of the old Jetseat ("easy access to internal parts for maintenance" is written in description) ?

It's a breeze. We've done it last year and it all wend smooth. Just make sure you mark your motors disposition before disassembling to minimize headaches. 

On 4/11/2023 at 1:43 AM, =Andre= said:

Maybe you could provide some SimShaker windows screenshots at the initial  mission time, so we could see more details?

On 4/11/2023 at 1:43 AM, =Andre= said:

Unplugging and then plugging in the JetPad USB connection to my computer each time I use JetPad solved my problem.  I now get an active JetPad on my initial (and subsequent) missions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did not use my jeatseat for a while, plugged it recently and found two motors (2,3 - middle ones) does not work. Did firmware reset couple of time with no luck. All pins inside plug are fine. Then I opened control box and found black wire on the output USB cable is not connected at all. There are marks of soldering on that wire, however I can't see if it was connected to any wire going inside cable's colar. Might it be the reason motors does not work?

image.jpeg

Edited by sun4eg

13 hours ago, sun4eg said:

I did not use my jeatseat for a while, plugged it recently and found two motors (2,3 - middle ones) does not work. Did firmware reset couple of time with no luck. All pins inside plug are fine. Then I opened control box and found black wire on the output USB cable is not connected at all. There are marks of soldering on that wire, however I can't see if it was connected to any wire going inside cable's colar. Might it be the reason motors does not work?

image.jpeg

No, it's hardly possible. USB issue would affect all the motors, not just 2 of them. I can't see any issue on the image provided though. A piece of ground wire isolation is removed by the manufacturer intentionally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @=Andre=

I think I know why my Top Right Motor no longer has any strong vibration behind it.  I did try swapping vibration motors and even tried new motors. 

After 2 years It looks like R34 and R36 (2.2 Ohm) SMC resistors are fried.  See Photo.

• I can probably order the resistors but not sure if the MOSFET survived unharmed.  I live in Toronto Canada. 
  • Let me know if you or "Sergio?" recommend a new controller or an alternative bypass. The other channels and motors work as well and are as good as ever!

Cheers. 

null

image.png

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

14 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

Hello @=Andre=

I think I know why my Top Right Motor no longer has any strong vibration behind it.  I did try swapping vibration motors and even tried new motors. 

After 2 years It looks like R34 and R36 (2.2 Ohm) SMC resistors are fried.  See Photo.

• I can probably order the resistors but not sure if the MOSFET survived unharmed.  I live in Toronto Canada. 
  • Let me know if you or "Sergio?" recommend a new controller or an alternative bypass. The other channels and motors work as well and are as good as ever!

Cheers. 

null

image.png

Hello YSIAD_RIP,

MOSFETs usually stay fine, since those resistors are "guard" resistors protecting the chip.

I think you need to replace the motors and the resistors.

Instead of the resistors I'd recommend to use Resettable Fuses,  200 mA per motor. Like this one https://uk.farnell.com/bourns/mf-nsmf020-2/multifuse-smd-0-2a/dp/1206716

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/6/2023 at 6:28 AM, =Andre= said:

Hello YSIAD_RIP,

MOSFETs usually stay fine, since those resistors are "guard" resistors protecting the chip.

I think you need to replace the motors and the resistors.

Instead of the resistors I'd recommend to use Resettable Fuses,  200 mA per motor. Like this one https://uk.farnell.com/bourns/mf-nsmf020-2/multifuse-smd-0-2a/dp/1206716

Awesome thanks @=Andre=

I will try to find my "30 year old" Soldering Iron and order some flux and desoldering Braid plus the resettable fuses you recommend. I hope I get a chance to attempt the repair in a few weeks.  

Tell Mario to keep some spare controllers on hand in North America as my 'PLAN B"  🤣

DCS does not feel complete without the Jetseat. 

Cheers. 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]