MiG 21 Key is gone after last DCS Update

acerus77

Hi there LNS,

after the last update i wanted to fly the Mig 21 but all the Gauges where not working. I did check the Module Manager and it shows "No Key" in the Serialnumber Slot. I deleted the Module and downloaded the latest Module-Installer, but after installation it won´t ask me for activation so i end up in the Cockpit with not working Gauges again. :cry:

I did execute "Repair DCS-World" and tried to Update DCS again but to no avail.

The Module was purchased via Stream but i just use the Key from there for my installation.

Could you Guys please advice me how to make the MiG airworthy again?

Thanks!

P.S: Working Nightshift now so i can´t answer til tomorrow.

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

I did now a complete reinstall of DCS and the Problem still exist. I never get ask for a Key and the Module Manager (in which i can´t enter a Serial) says: No Key!

I thought this would be the appropriate Part of the Forum to Post my Issue, since it only occurs with the MiG 21 Bis and not with the other Modules.

But as it turns out, im getting absolutley ignored here.

Did i mentioned im pretty pissed off right now? :furious:

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

I did now a complete reinstall of DCS and the Problem still exist. I never get ask for a Key and the Module Manager (in which i can´t enter a Serial) says: No Key!

I thought this would be the appropriate Part of the Forum to Post my Issue, since it only occurs with the MiG 21 Bis and not with the other Modules.

But as it turns out, im getting absolutley ignored here.

Did i mentioned im pretty pissed off right now? :furious:

Sometimes we miss posts. Like this one.

If you have issues in the future, write me at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com

Try using this registry fix to start off with: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/supportfiles/Mig-21_delete_activation_data.reg

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for the input but i bought it on Steam with all other Modules available. I checked my Steam account already and the MiG 21 is listed and the Key is there also. I just can´t enter the Key! I don´t know whats wrong here! I thought Steam Keys would work with the Modules downloaded from the DCS Website. The reason why i don´t want do all the installation with Steam is that all other Steam Games goes to my HDD while DCS should be on my SSD.

Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the input but i bought it on Steam with all other Modules available. I checked my Steam account already and the MiG 21 is listed and the Key is there also. I just can´t enter the Key! I don´t know whats wrong here! I thought Steam Keys would work with the Modules downloaded from the DCS Website. The reason why i don´t want do all the installation with Steam is that all other Steam Games goes to my HDD while DCS should be on my SSD.

Thanks anyway!

This does not matter.

Try using the registry fix regardless. The registry fix works for both versions of the Sim. It will reset the registry entry for your key and allow you to enter a new one on startup.

Should that not work, try navigating to Mods/Aircraft/Mig-21/bin and open pcsml.exe to enter a new key.

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Thanks Cobra847, i was asked to install the Key and did so. But still no Joy, the Modul Manager say: "No Key" and no Gauges are working....

Thanks Cobra847, i was asked to install the Key and did so. But still no Joy, the Modul Manager say: "No Key" and no Gauges are working....

Are you inside the cockpit?

If so -- please try going into the MiG-21 special options, and check and uncheck the custom cockpit checkbox. (Save settings between checking and unchecking). Then check if the gauges are working.

Thanks!

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I tried all you mentioned and still it doesn´t work!

By the Way: The reason why i am pissed off was more because there is (was) a Post just above me who got all the Attention and replys after replys from you.

Now what?

Sorry for being rude! Had a hard working Week behind me!

That did work!!! Thanks! But how could that be a Problem? Anyway thanks for your Support.:thumbup:

Bug in latest patch. We are working on it. :)

Nice to know! Thanks for your Time, now go back to Bed! :D

I am trying to reactivate after latest patch and have this

Helper Application has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: ridysywa.x64

Application Version: 5.70.50.1

Application Timestamp: 547a0288

Fault Module Name: ridysywa.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 547a0360

Exception Offset: 00000000618ce320

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 0000000000000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 73ce

Additional Information 2: 73ce278887f4b08704ce163926e33e7c

Additional Information 3: 9a6f

Additional Information 4: 9a6f80f52ffc48259f04836e6ac2ab7a

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

this thread saved me http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130977

...and fixed it by deleting license0 within registry, and running licensing app again from bin folder.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Same trouble

I have tried running the .reg file, but it does not seem to help. Is there a way I can manually look up the registry entry, or is there another step besides just running that file that I need to do?

The one thing that is different for me that I dont see others having on these posts is that my number of activations does not go down (but also my mig21 hasn't been able to run after "Activating"). Obviously it ran fine before, but now I'm having the same error that others seem to be getting.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

NakedSquirrel,

please attach your log files in your next post so I can try find out whats wrong with your installation. Activations net being reduced is a good sign, meaning your 21 is properly activated already - no need to activate it again.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have tried running the .reg file, but it does not seem to help. Is there a way I can manually look up the registry entry, or is there another step besides just running that file that I need to do?

The one thing that is different for me that I dont see others having on these posts is that my number of activations does not go down (but also my mig21 hasn't been able to run after "Activating"). Obviously it ran fine before, but now I'm having the same error that others seem to be getting.

I had a similar problem and I have a solution.

First make sure you have your activation key handy somewhere. (in an email or a textfile)

Then, startup "regedit" and look for this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys

Delete it.

quit the regedit program.

Start-up DCS world and select any MiG-21 (quick)mission. DCS will ask for your key again. Copy and paste it from your Email or text file and you should be ready to fly.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Whenever I start up any module in DCS World, I get a notice that my hardware has changed and I need to activate the Mig 21 module. I have not changed any hardware since I bought the Mig 21. Usually I just close the window and go on. One time I hit the retry button and am down to 8 activations, but the next time I started World, the message appeared again. I am reluctant to do anything with the reg file.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

yeh I've got it to now after a BIOS update, tried the reg file but it didn't work

but

"First make sure you have your activation key handy somewhere. (in an email or a textfile)

Then, startup "regedit" and look for this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys

Delete it.

quit the regedit program.

Start-up DCS world and select any MiG-21 (quick)mission. DCS will ask for your key again. Copy and paste it from your Email or text file and you should be ready to fly."

This does! :)

down to 6 activations though, can I have some back please?

Thanks spud

My MiG 21BIS is working nicely but still the Module Manager says: "No Key". Is that how it supposed to be?

Maybe this Module is not recognized correctly?

Anyway, as long as it works....

Still would be interested if that is right.:huh:

My MiG 21BIS is working nicely but still the Module Manager says: "No Key". Is that how it supposed to be?

Maybe this Module is not recognized correctly?

Anyway, as long as it works....

Still would be interested if that is right.:huh:

Try to de-activate and re-activate the module through the module manager. Might help. Or if you won't want to risk disturbing anything, just leave it be. As long as it is working...

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: