The K4 screenshot thread

DB 605

Beautiful!...DB 605 I never tried custom skins in DCS but after seeing your screenshots I really have to now :P. ...where do I put the downloaded skin, and how to activate?? thanks for any advice

I warmly recommend to try them :)

There is instructions with JST skins but i'll copy it here:

Installation:

#1 Unzip folder to DCSWorld/Bazar/Liveries/Bf-109K-4

#2 In skin folder, choose .lua file from two sub-folders for swastika or clean and copy file to main folder with other files (Default .lua file is for swastika!)

#3 In DCS, select "Payload" tab in Mission Planner and select the skin from the Paint Scheme dropmenu below

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Red 23" of JG 27 getting ready to take-off, spring 1945.

Screen_150404_184450.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Red 23" of JG 27 getting ready to take-off, spring 1945.

Screen_150404_184450.jpg

DB605 how do you tell when a plane belongs to certain JG.i just read A Higher Calling about franz stigler who was a pilot in JG-27 and he flew 2 different planes white 12 and yellow 2 both for JG-27 that's why I asked.

Another masterpiece skin from JST - makes K4 looks very sleek. Also never get tired of details in K4 3d model...just lovely.

Glad you like it!

DB605 how do you tell when a plane belongs to certain JG.i just read A Higher Calling about franz stigler who was a pilot in JG-27 and he flew 2 different planes white 12 and yellow 2 both for JG-27 that's why I asked.

Pilot records or the most obvious for late-war planes (Although it can be just an educated guess with b/w photos):

ca13WpY.png

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Usually there was some kind of squadron badges or different coloured bands painted to planes, however from very late war fighters these were usually missing. Sometimes you can tell it by style and/or color used on number painted to frame as different squadrons were known from certain style or color.

Most of the time however i'll check what my books or internet sources say about it :)

Edit, ninja'd by JST, check post #80

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...however from very late war fighters these were usually missing.

And JG 27 birds are among the most consistent with bands, along with JG 53.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I warmly recommend to try them :)

There is instructions with JST skins but i'll copy it here:

Installation:

#1 Unzip folder to DCSWorld/Bazar/Liveries/Bf-109K-4

#2 In skin folder, choose .lua file from two sub-folders for swastika or clean and copy file to main folder with other files (Default .lua file is for swastika!)

#3 In DCS, select "Payload" tab in Mission Planner and select the skin from the Paint Scheme dropmenu below

thank you!...now I only need to find what screenshot key to push, and the location of my screenshot folder, where ever it is hiding :helpsmilie:

thank you!...now I only need to find what screenshot key to push, and the location of my screenshot folder, where ever it is hiding :helpsmilie:

Printscreen and at least my shots are in C:users/owner/saved games. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Usually there was some kind of squadron badges or different coloured bands painted to planes, however from very late war fighters these were usually missing. Sometimes you can tell it by style and/or color used on number painted to frame as different squadrons were known from certain style or color.

Most of the time however i'll check what my books or internet sources say about it :)

Edit, ninja'd by JST, check post #80

Thanks DB and JST for the replies.:book:

Lt. Landt and his "Yellow 1", april 1945 :)

landt.jpg

K881tqy.png

Screen_150409_172234.jpg

JST's great new skin available here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2371065#post2371065

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it's missing from DCS model, did bug report back then but don't know if devs noted it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a remarkable airframe. Can you imagine if they had put a bubble canopy on that airframe. Mercy!!

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

What a remarkable airframe. Can you imagine if they had put a bubble canopy on that airframe. Mercy!!

Yeah...

Czech_Avia_S-199.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...