Problem, Instruments not moving..

Yeltzin

Hi.. i bought the mig-21 module a while ago, but lack of time has kept me away from flying..

Yesterday after updating dcs to 1.2.12 i was ready to start for real..

but the instruments in the cockpit dont move.. they are stuck at 0... speed, altitude, compass.... The radar is working and i can push the buttons in the cockpit (gears, flaps...) ..

I tried reinstalling the module, but no change.. all other modules i have work..

attachment.php?attachmentid=108887&stc=1&d=1417956174

340557065_mig-21instr.thumb.jpg.724f4ad6d02139da33891f9bc8305a0c.jpg

Had the same Problem:

Are you inside the cockpit?

If so -- please try going into the MiG-21 special options, and check and uncheck the custom cockpit checkbox. (Save settings between checking and unchecking). Then check if the gauges are working.

Thanks!

Nick

This solved it for me.

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

Same issue here, so - do i need to do this each time after I start the game?

Is this known bug or not? It is certainly annoying one.

Also, I was wondering... Why this happened? I mean, it is quite obvious bug, not something you need to spend whole night checking log and debugging in order to find. How is it possible that testers or QA department didn't noticed this?

Mig-21 module has enough of old bugs and tweaks to be taken care off, we dont need new ones :)

Same issue here, so - do i need to do this each time after I start the game?

Is this known bug or not? It is certainly annoying one.

Also, I was wondering... Why this happened? I mean, it is quite obvious bug, not something you need to spend whole night checking log and debugging in order to find. How is it possible that testers or QA department didn't noticed this?

Mig-21 module has enough of old bugs and tweaks to be taken care off, we dont need new ones :)

It is known and it is fixed internally now.

Not every time AFAIK.

It was not caught because we don't update through the updater.

Thus our options.db was refreshed. (which is the root cause of this bug). Believe it or not, we are human.

The MiG-21 is relatively bug free as of today. You will always create new bugs when changing things. That is the way of software development.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It is known and it is fixed internally now.

Not every time AFAIK.

It was not caught because we don't update through the updater.

Thus our options.db was refreshed. (which is the root cause of this bug). Believe it or not, we are human.

The MiG-21 is relatively bug free as of today. You will always create new bugs when changing things. That is the way of software development.

Ain't that the truth...

Thanks for staying on top of things, Cobra, and even more importantly, for letting us know what's up. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D