Warthog Thrustmaster TARGET programming

I'm using the TARGET GUI to program some keys using layers and sub-layer (i/o).

I defined an action for H1 Up when the sub-layer button is pressed. It works fine.

H1 is part of the main directional button on the joystick.

But now the normal H1 Up function (w/o the sub-layer button pressed) - i.e. view down - doesn't work.

Does use of layers of sub-layers require I have to re-define every combination even though I'm not redefining the key.

i.e. isn't there a way of saying - if not defined in TARGET use the default key action.

i.e. isn't there a way of saying - if not defined in TARGET use the default key action.

To the best of my knowledge, no. Once you run Target, there is no default key action.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do yourself a favor and take the time to learn the script instead. The GUI is horribly limited and terribly slow. There is a decent help file to get you started and besides the script will give you a much better overview of your programming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I noticed that for keys that i do not define in TARGET - the pass thru

works fine.

For example - not re-defining VIEW LEFT/RIGHT - works fine.

It just seems to be a software design issue.

If the key combination - even if part of a layer - is not defined - then it

should just act as a pass thru.

Thanks for the answers and I will look into the script editor.

If I did that - is there a way to start the config file + DCS w/o starting up

the TARGET program and the pressing the FLY-NOW button.

Or at least - can I just make it one key press.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to learn the script instead. The GUI is horribly limited and terribly slow. There is a decent help file to get you started and besides the script will give you a much better overview of your programming.

Most definitely this.

You will be amazed by what the warthog is capable of with scripting, the GUI doesn't even come close.

Layers, long/short press, chains, sequences and even logic flags...

I did exactly this with no programming/scripting experience just hacking through the manual and help from forum members.

Good luck