Blackshark 1 (and Blackshark 2 Upgrade) Activation issues

Toastie

Hi,

I recently came to do the automatic update to 1.2.11 and during the update process the connection to the server was lost and the automatic update failed to restart, so I ended up downloading the entire DCS: World and all my modules from the site to do it manually. Having uninstalled and removed all of the DCS: World, but NOT uninstalling DCS: Blackshark (v1), I reinstalled manually using the downloaded files.

That all seemed to go fine.

When I came to start up the multiplayer game (in order to check that all the modules were correctly activated... bear in mind that this is on the same machine that the game's been happily running on for the last 18 months... all of the modules that I purchased automatically filled the activation window and successfully reactivated except for Blackshark 2 ENG. The activation key did autopopulate, but clicking next produced a message (attached), saying that the server has denied activation and I have an invalid hardware code. Deactivation of the module similarly doesn't work either.

Having perused the forums, I acted on the advice saying to use the registry key modifiers to remove the entries for both BS1 and BS2. This had no effect. The application doesn't recognise either of my perfectly good Blackshark activation keys. It can't be the StarForce ProActive servers, since all of the modules quite happily activate(d).

Any thoughts or useful advice would be gratefully accepted.

R

bs1.PNG.1756c3c29d6f3029df980ff1ca1b0ca5.PNG

Having perused the forums, I acted on the advice saying to use the registry key modifiers to remove the entries for both BS1 and BS2. This had no effect. The application doesn't recognise either of my perfectly good Blackshark activation keys.

Just to be sure: you are saying you tried the directions given in the below linked post, but this had no resolution to your problem?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94531

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Correct.

It appears this still hasn't been resolved and is part of the problem:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124116

Isn't it time that those of use who upgraded from Blackshark 1 to Blackshark2 are allowed to use the full Blackshark2 version? This would make module management so much easier.

Edited by Razvedchik
added question

I managed to get an automatic update from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12 and on completion started the DCS Multiplayer and it prompted me for my activation key for 'Black Shark 2 ENG', which I duly entered and the attached error message came up. There's no error in the key - it's copied and pasted in from my account on the online store.

bs2.JPG.69fea25427aa814fa30d307ab161ef23.JPG

Further update:

I successfully uninstalled and reinstalled Black Shark 1 and reactivated it using my key (unfortunately I now have no remaining activations).

I then went to the website to download the BS1 to BS2 Upgrade (for which I also have an activation key) and saw that the file for download is the same as the one for DCS World (and the upgrade path on applying the update is for DCS World, NOT DCS Black Shark).

As alluded to earlier, I suspect that the wrong file has been uploaded here (see attached screenshot). It is not the upgrade file for Black Shark 2 1.1.1.0 as it should be.

Do I need to raise a ticket for this issue to be sorted out or is it enough to raise the issue here?

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ce794c771918dd7dd636b440200c1ed1.JPG

The upgrade is not applied to BS1. It is a full copy of BS2, with a licensing addition which requires the presence of an activated copy of BS1. The 'upgrade' does not touch, use or need BS1 data files for any reason at all beyond that.

EDIT: In fact, after you install BS2, you can delete/uninstall BS1 with no impact on DCS World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

All sorted. Thanks to MotorEAST for the guidance.

I'm not sure what specifically got it to work, since I'd already tried everything suggested at least once before (maybe in the wrong order), but it finally worked so I'm happy.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I'm trying to get my Brothers Blackshark installed in DCS world so we can fly it again, however ever since we switched over to DCS world, he has never been able to get his Blackshark 1 and Blackshark 2 upgrade to work. It keeps returning the incorrect key error shown above.

Has anyone got a clue how to get it working, I've sent a PM to Razvedchik but don't know if he's still about.

Will be great to have Him flying with me again.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: