DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS already has playable MANPADS (added with CA 1.5), and I expect them to improve with the upcoming skeleton infantry animations for DCS 2.0.

I hope they give the ability to easily mod in infantry units.

I'd take a shot at it my self TBH.

More than 2 and 1/2 days without any post in this thread :huh: Afaik this is a record! :D

Edit: Matt, this is the right time for a new DCSW2 teaser :thumbup:

More than 2 and 1/2 days without any post in this thread :huh: Afaik this is a record! :D

It could have been 3 whole days! :music_whistling:

:lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A mystery is behind this silence. Some thing happening soon

Nope not likely. But then again be nice to get the goodies and do some oculus rift flying in Nevada

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Nope not likely.

Quit being a negative Nancy...:music_whistling: :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Nope not likely. But then again be nice to get the goodies and do some oculus rift flying in Nevada

I think it would be nice to fly in Nevada period :pilotfly: :joystick: :D

"Failure is always an option and landing is always optional."

-Cal the Almighty

-Founder of the Pandas

-Callsign: Mother

Warning: Prolonged exposure to DCS Forums may cause tourettes syndrome.

Sometimes I don't know which plane to fly:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

Couple of questions.

1) How is it that with the current map you look as though you are doing about 10mph through the air. Yet with DCS 2, it looks like you are going much much faster? I have good FPS in DCS as it is so I'm curious to know why it feels slow.

2) Has DCS 2 delayed the World War 2 Sim that I read about some time ago now? I remember reading that the World War 2 map was going to be released last year, so have the delays in DCS World 2 prevented them from releasing this World War 2 Sim?

Couple of questions.

1) How is it that with the current map you look as though you are doing about 10mph through the air. Yet with DCS 2, it looks like you are going much much faster? I have good FPS in DCS as it is so I'm curious to know why it feels slow.

The more features the ground offers, the more reference your eyes have, the better they are able to judge distance and speed.

2) Has DCS 2 delayed the World War 2 Sim that I read about some time ago now? I remember reading that the World War 2 map was going to be released last year, so have the delays in DCS World 2 prevented them from releasing this World War 2 Sim?

The project basically fell apart and had to be taken over by ED. I think some of Ilyas goals were overly ambitious to begin with, however there is good progress on the aircraft front. The Normandy map is scheduled to come out some time after the planes are done, IIRC.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The more features the ground offers, the more reference your eyes have, the better they are able to judge distance and speed.

The project basically fell apart and had to be taken over by ED. I think some of Ilyas goals were overly ambitious to begin with, however there is good progress on the aircraft front. The Normandy map is scheduled to come out some time after the planes are done, IIRC.

To add to that, why anyone would trust him after his IL-2 days is beyond me. Who didn't see this coming from miles out?

• ED Team
To add to that, why anyone would trust him after his IL-2 days is beyond me. Who didn't see this coming from miles out?

Lets just leave that topic right there and stick to discussion positive things coming, not negative things in the past.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Lets just leave that topic right there and stick to discussion positive things coming, not negative things in the past.

X1000! Always stay positive. This has been a fun ride in supporting and watching DCS grow with development.

E.L.E - Jackie Moon

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

I know a guy who got early access to DCS 2.0 about a week ago. I haven't heard from him since. Apparently he hasn't shown up at work either ... ;)

So will I... :thumbup:

Las-Vegas-Sign-66729.gif

Edited by Suchacz

Am i the only one waiting 6 month for EDGE and not playing DCS?

nope!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I have a question and a request...

First, I'm curious if the NAVAIDS commonly used in relation with NTTR are going to be modeled? Not just Nellis etc but beaty, Indian springs etc...

Second, how hard would it be to have random civil radio traffic play when you tune up an actual Oakland or Los Angeles frequency?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.