DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

Well I have other flight sims that are also directx 11 and graphics look like like sh*t running a AMD R9 270. I get great graphics on none sim games but sims look ok DCS 1 is good, but I'd like multi CPU and xfire multi gpu to hand what DCS 2 says it would do plus the multi threading to hand all other speed related issues and so I can assign threads so things like team speak and trackir, Helios etc processes aren't slowing things dow as games get better. Most CPU's are quad's unless you go AMD at 8cores.

As games technology gets better less and less of the load will be on the CPU and pushed off the the GPU, see DX12. GPUs are just way more powerful and focused than the CPU which needs to do everything else.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have other flight sims that are also directx 11 and graphics look like like sh*t running a AMD R9 270. I get great graphics on none sim games but sims look ok DCS 1 is good, but I'd like multi CPU and xfire multi gpu to hand what DCS 2 says it would do plus the multi threading to hand all other speed related issues and so I can assign threads so things like team speak and trackir, Helios etc processes aren't slowing things dow as games get better. Most CPU's are quad's unless you go AMD at 8cores.

Just because they are DIRECTX11 does not have any bearing on how they are programmed and maybe the sims you have are not programmed well... DIRECTX11 ALLOWS a much better feature set but if you don't utilize it, it won't make a difference.

ED will utilize DX11 and the results will be much better than what we have now.. (Screenies have already shown this) The down side is we have no idea when it will be ready for prime time..

Comparing sims from multiple sources and making broad brush statements about DIRECTX is a bad idea...

And if you want proof of DIRECTX11 being superior in every way, just load up SHOGUN 2 from EA and try it on DIRECTX 9 and then change to DIRECTX 11...

Night and day difference...

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

We are at June , exciting time - either we get DCS 2.0 pre-beta/alpha or we get communicated with an updated estimate date, either way an update is probably coming.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really hope that we will hear some good news soon, we should know more by the End of June. Lets just cross fingers, that just helps sometimes

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I really hope that we will hear some good news soon, we should know more by the End of June. Lets just cross fingers, that just helps sometimes?

Any news would be good news, IMO. Regardless of how we label it. But we have to be fair to ED, they have only stated an estimated release schedule and still have a month to go. Also never forget, everything is subject to change...

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Here's to June fellow simmers!!

giphy.gif

May it deliver big for us all.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Maybe Wags will treat us to a new video if nothing else, I enjoyed them a lot but we haven't had any in a while now. Get your requests in ;)

I'd like to see an A-10c down low, popping up and picking off tanks please Matt. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I would also like to see an A-10C video in DCS world 2 Georgia or better Nevada in Nellis AFB

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so what are the chances that crossfire will scale well with dcs world 2?

The reason AMD did not work well with DCS was due the the fact that AMD stopped supporting DirectX9.. With the advent of DirectX11 in DCS, AMD should work well...

At least until they stop supporting DirectX11 (Like they did 9) and then folks will be in the same boat again..

Personally, I see no reason to play russian roulette that way so I will stick with the tried and true Nvidia as they continue to support their hardware..

:music_whistling:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Chances are the answer is still the same as it was a couple of days ago.

A clear statement , just "yes or no", in relation to the last estimate about the release would be nice though.

Yeah, I'm hoping to hear soon if it will be released this month given the last estimate. I know these estimates are not written in stone, but a few seem to have come and gone now and we are left waiting a long time before we are given another estimated release date. Given we haven't heard anything about Edge since April though, I'm very doubtful about seeing it this month.

I don't know if it's just me but when a release is near I'm thinking we should be seeing lots of screen Screen shots, videos and lots of info.

Edited by joebloggs

Yeah, I'm hoping to hear soon if it will be released this month given the last estimate. I know these estimates are not written in stone, but a few seem to have come and gone now and we are left waiting a long time before we are given another estimated release date. Given we haven't heard anything about Edge since April though, I'm very doubtful about seeing it this month.

I don't know if it's just me but when a release is near I'm thinking we should be seeing lots of screen Screen shots, videos and lots of info.

Well you are right. It indicates it is not ready IMO. May be we get some thing at the end of this month. Plz no more estimated time frame, because this wait is painful. Just develop what you need to develop.

A video would be most welcome if there is no update.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• ED Team
Chances are the answer is still the same as it was a couple of days ago.

A clear statement , just "yes or no", in relation to the last estimate about the release would be nice though.

Don't hold your breath for anymore estimates, as it is, its June 1st and everyone is already getting squirrelly. The team is working extremely hard at getting things dialed in for the public to get their hands on it. Nobody wants this in your hands more than the ED team... trust me on that.

That all said... lets try and limit the "Are we there yet" posts... I will pull this thread over ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

One can only imagine the relief for the folks at ED when they do get 2.0 out of the barn. Personally I would have blown a gasket long ago if I was those folks constantly being bombarded with all the speculation and hyper-gimmieism (new word, just for DCSW fanatics).

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I have a few searches I run looking for info. When I see something in the thread, I generally hope it is some sort of announcement.

Nope. Just more questions. I've pulled back my visits because of all the complaints.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Don't hold your breath for anymore estimates, as it is, its June 1st and everyone is already getting squirrelly. The team is working extremely hard at getting things dialed in for the public to get their hands on it. Nobody wants this in your hands more than the ED team... trust me on that.

That all said... lets try and limit the "Are we there yet" posts... I will pull this thread over ;)

Your wordings are very positive.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

One can only imagine the relief for the folks at ED when they do get 2.0 out of the barn. Personally I would have blown a gasket long ago if I was those folks constantly being bombarded with all the speculation and hyper-gimmieism (new word, just for DCSW fanatics).

You must not get around the internet much. The (DCS) community in general has been more than understanding and more than patient. Despite multiple delays. I don't see any 'hyper-gimmeism' here, other than reasonable requests for more information. People like to be informed, it makes them feel they are part of the process. If even that is not up for discussion then maybe it would be better if Sithspawn closed the thread alltogether.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.