DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

How come Edge can't just run alongside what we have now in beta? We already have a beta exe launcher and people don't complain because they know this is just for testing. I don't think people will be that bothered by bugs because it's usually a constant battle to eliminate them all.

The bugs that we deal with are minor bugs. the bugs that the testers are dealing with are game stopping bugs. if we were to get our hands on the version that the tester's have, we would complain like an angry wife :P

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bugs that we deal with are minor bugs. the bugs that the testers are dealing with are game stopping bugs. if we were to get our hands on the version that the tester's have, we would complain like an angry wife :P

Pretty much. The open beta has been used as a release candidate/smoke test for whatever is the next patch. Usually when an open beta patch hits, the main build will get patched within hours/days. I think 2.0 might get a more dedicated open beta testing before release, but that'll only occur when it is the next patch.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I am about to start a closed Alpha for different game and it's going to be 3 months before it moves into beta. I know they were releasing NTTR map as an Alpha, but are they releasing DCS 2 as alpha or beta?

I have tested a few games in closed Alpha's and they usually remain closed for 2 -3 months. Will this be the case with DCS 2, if it's going to be released as Alpha to Ed Testers first?

Personally I am hoping that DCS W2/Edge and maps will be tested against a Head Mounted Display as part of the process. If there is one community that is known to drop money on quality hardware its the SIM community I can see the likes of Oculus and Vive growing rapidly in the next 12months here regardless of what happens with other software developers.

Very excited to see what happens in this space.

Personally I am hoping that DCS W2/Edge and maps will be tested against a Head Mounted Display as part of the process. If there is one community that is known to drop money on quality hardware its the SIM community I can see the likes of Oculus and Vive growing rapidly in the next 12months here regardless of what happens with other software developers.

Very excited to see what happens in this space.

I got an Oculus Rift DK2 sitting here at home and I'm very excited to see what DCSW2 will bring for it, as it says Improved Oculus Rift support in the first post. Flying without the DK2 regardless of its resolution is not an option for me anymore :).

We should know more when the testers get done breaking it.

Given the dearth of information and history of getting burned by announcing dates, I have this feeling ED will give us detailed information when they're also ready to include a beta download link.

I'd prefer a more open communication strategy, but I can definitely see where they're coming from. I've been PC gaming since the start of the industry, hanging on John Carmack's weekly technical update posts on Q2 development that read like one of Greenspan's screeds on the economy: you knew he was saying important stuff, but you had to look up every word and still didn't have much of a clue what he was saying. :smilewink: Unfortunately the days when a team of half a dozen people could release AAA titles in 12-18 month timeframes are long gone.

Though I do hope we get more information on what's included with the initial release. I hope they're as far along with the new standalone server, for example, as they are with the engine itself. To me, that's even more important. The graphics are actually pretty damn good right now, but we've got to get better server.

I know the external testers are unpaid, so I send them thanks and wish them godspeed.

Edited by nervousenergy

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Ehhh, I have seen dev teams try and remain more open... it really is a fine balance. Too open and you have people frothing at the mouth screaming that they didn't meet their target (see Star Citizen). Too closed and... well I guess the only negative to that is people want them to be more open.

I for one like very vague date ranges... 1-4th quarter timelines or so.

As hyped as I am for DCS 2.0, 1.0 provides plenty for me to do, as do other games, until 2.0 comes out.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Its almost impossible to guess the time line of beta testing. Its a function of how many bugs they are comfortable with inflicting on the general public, and the internal/external pressures put on the developer to release the project by the people funding the project.

• ED Team

Dear all,

On 21 June at 1300 Pacific Standard Time, I will be running a live Twitch stream of me flying over the Nevada Test and Training Range map using DCS World 2. If there are any particular places over the map or planes you would like to see, let me know.

I hope you can all make it and see some live gameplay.

My Twitch channel is: http://www.twitch.tv/wagmatt

Thanks to SiThSpAwN for helping me set up the page!

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Wags

Dear all,

On 21 June at 1300 Pacific Standard Time, I will be running a live Twitch stream of me flying over the Nevada Test and Training Range map using DCS World 2. If there are any particular places over the map or planes you would like to see, let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

HNNNNNNNGGGG

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Dear all,

Thanks,

Matt

Looking forward to it!

Dear all,

Thanks,

Matt

Great!!! I don't know if it is possible but I am still asking :), could you please fly the F/A18? thanks! looking forward!

For those of us who haven't a clue what "Twitch" is,:dunno: we will continue with our patience for the public release of DCSW 2.0:joystick:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Will there be weapons usage?? I better set this in my phone or I will wind up forgetting. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

@Wags, I would like to see a flight relay from northeast to southwest: L-39 -> Su-27-> Mi-8 (LV) -> Ka-50 (Hoover Dam) -> F-86 -> M1 Tank rush

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Dear all,

Thanks,

Matt

Las Vgas with Hummee

Thanks

I7-6700K OC 4.9G, 896G SSD, 32G RAM @ 2400MHz, NH-D15 cooling system,TM Hotas Warthog,Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals,TrackIr 5, BOSE M2

May have to expand on my "geekiness!

Its just a live stream, easy to watch...

Sith,

Probably long past time for me to come into the 21st century with all this Facebook, twitter, Zip, Zap, and what all.:smilewink: Still kinda stuck in the 90's when I first got into sims/computers.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Dear all,

Thanks,

Matt

:D :D :D

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

twitch TV seems pretty easy... at least there doesn't appear (?) to have to download anything - just click the link and watch :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"