DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, sorry if this is an already answered question or if it's really dumb...

Is DCS 2 going to be like a completely new game that I have to rebuy all the modules?

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Hey guys, sorry if this is an already answered question or if it's really dumb...

Is DCS 2 going to be like a completely new game that I have to rebuy all the modules?

No, your modules will be updated to DCSW 2.0 as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Oh shoot, the NTTR map looks good. But.. I have a 1970's Edwards AFB air map sitting in a drawer somewhere complete with all specs and so forth.. If it is of use to you guys, I can make a scan of it.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Has anything been said, publicly or otherwise, if DCS 2.0 will address the on-grass handling of the planes? Because currently there is NO on-grass handling, you become permanently stuck, even with full afterburner, if you run off the taxi-way. :helpsmilie:

Even the SU-25, which should be able to be launched from improvised runways, cannot roll on grass. :D

EDIT: forgot to say this is only a problem for the more modern planes, not the tail-draggers

"if you run off the taxi-way."

if you run off the taxi-way. - and if you stop

Maybe watch this video of Jeremy Clarkson trying to move a completely empty (no fuel, no missiles), partial (missing wings etc) English Electric Lightening across a grass field...

Now think that a complete lightening weighs 31,000 lb empty. Lets say that one was 10% less = 28,000lb.

Max takeoff weight for an Su-27 is 67,000 lb - so 2.4 times the weight, on essentially the same sized tyres...

A fully laden jet fighter stands a very real risk of sinking to its axles on a vaguely muddy field. It then really won't be going anywhere...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Kinda surprising to see what the price is gonna be now. Although I'm really only interested in the NTTR and F/A 18. Gonna cost a pretty penny for both of them as it seems :)

Yah. Lest we forget they's still sticking to their gats and giving it away to those to bought A-10C beta. They could have just said ohh, snap, we OG in this dank dirty rut and we can't really be giving shizz away nomo. And, and! On top of that, they got Su-33 and Mig 29 with PFM in the pipe and free for the FC3 owners. Dang, monica, what more do u want? From what I understand, you don't plug PFM from trees. It ain't like peeling mongoes, holmes. :P

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

No, your modules will be updated to DCSW 2.0 as well.

awesome, thanks!

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

A fully laden jet fighter stands a very real risk of sinking to its axles on a vaguely muddy field. It then really won't be going anywhere...

A fair point, but also in that video that ground probably couldn't get any softer. Soggy British ground, yikes. Nevada probably wouldn't have problems to that extent. I guess multiple different ground roll situations wouldn't be something worth modeling.

Hello guys

I'm new to DCS community and I'm going to download latest version of DCS world . But if the release time is close I think It's better for me to wait until the World 2 is out then attempt to download the DCS world . what do you guys think ? Does any one know the estimate release date?

Thanks

btw: Will the AI and weather improvements include the following features:

- the AI won't be able to see through clouds anymore

howabout for the IRST??

clouds, haze, angle of the sun.. etc will degrade IRST operation -- would like to see a bit more fidelity in modeling these effects

: )

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The trees being collidable is good news. I just hope that means they'll stop munitions and LoS for AI as well :(

Right! im so tired of an AI tank being able to see through trees and hit my tank in a forest.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Right! im so tired of an AI tank being able to see through trees and hit my tank in a forest.

So you went around with a tank think you're stalking then boom, youre dead? That about right? :D I'm sure or hope it's pretty high on the to-do list.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

But only for new maps, they are still ghost trees in Georgia (least this is what i have heard)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]