DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The update is only available for the open beta client. The releaseversion will be patched on friday.

Thx bro for your light speed replay :)

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I have come to the party late but i'm all ready for DCS world 2, very exciting times ahead. This might seem like a silly question but how big would the update be? 5 gig maybe 10? Just out of utter curious really.

Nice To Meet You

Elaine D Dixon :)

I have come to the party late but i'm all ready for DCS world 2, very exciting times ahead. This might seem like a silly question but how big would the update be? 5 gig maybe 10? Just out of utter curious really.

It seems like a safe bet that the answer to that question is completely unknown, at this time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just as a frame of reference, my current 1.2.14 installation weighs in at 24 GB (I have most modules except for the trainers and the new MiG-15). I guess DCS World 2 won't be any lighter.

With the introduction of public Open Betas, the DCS installer was able to copy data from an existing local installation in order to keep downloads to a minimum. Depending on how deep the changes go, ED might be able to use the same system so that DCS World 2 won't have to be downloaded from scratch, but whether that works I can't tell, so that is pretty much the extent of the guesswork I'm willing to do. :D

Just as a frame of reference, my current 1.2.14 installation weighs in at 24 GB (I have most modules except for the trainers and the new MiG-15). I guess DCS World 2 won't be any lighter.

With the introduction of public Open Betas, the DCS installer was able to copy data from an existing local installation in order to keep downloads to a minimum. Depending on how deep the changes go, ED might be able to use the same system so that DCS World 2 won't have to be downloaded from scratch, but whether that works I can't tell, so that is pretty much the extent of the guesswork I'm willing to do. :D

To me, I prefer a clean install for such a big upgrade

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I agree. I am going to remove everything and download it from scratch. Better resolve any minor issues due to file sync errors.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Along with the ability to keep the existing installation intact, as a bonus.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I agree about the clean installation.

But the Open Beta does leave an existing installation intact, or at least I'm not aware of any problems in this regard. It would make a lot of sense to keep DCS World 2 separate from V1, so if there is an update-mechanism similar to the one from the release version to the Open Beta, it shouldn't preclude keeping an intact V1 installation.

OTOH, if the V2 updater installs over an existing V1 installation, I won't be using it, that much is for sure.

DCS 2.0 (with maps) would be closer to 500Gb!

I wonder what my update is going to look like. I have updated the game in over 6 months.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

because it seems ppl are having problems with the beta, i bet the public release will get delayed a week or two

how much you wanna bet??

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As it seems that DCS 2.0 is not too far from being released to the public, I would like to know will the data export work the same way as in the current version? For things like Helios and exporting the MFDs etc.

Also, will the monitor config scripts remain the same?

I wonder what my update is going to look like. I have updated the game in over 6 months.

I would download and install from scratch.

it happened several times that big update broke the dcs, and I had to do further repair.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hello Yurgon, thank you for your reply. I just checked my File Size, i'm 20.8 GiG's, did not think it was that big, does not matter i suppose i have DCS on a 500 gig Ssd. So rock on DCS world 2:)

Nice To Meet You

Elaine D Dixon :)

I had an install on 1.2.11 that I patched to the 1.2.15 open beta, and it was about 4 Gb. The modules you have installed does impact it depending on the changes to the files that you only get if you own it, stuff like cockpit models, textures, sounds, etc.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I had an install on 1.2.11 that I patched to the 1.2.15 open beta, and it was about 4 Gb. The modules you have installed does impact it depending on the changes to the files that you only get if you own it, stuff like cockpit models, textures, sounds, etc.

I only have BS, A-10C and FC3 installed. I guess I'll see when I get home and update it then.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED