DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The terrain is starting to look really impressive. The specularity on the roads and other surfaces adds a huge amount to the sense of immersion.

Can't wait to take my first flights in the DCSW2 / NTTR environments.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

What visual effect will 2.0 have on the current Georgia map (if any)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Please read the first post.

It would be interesting to see a screenshot or two. I don't imagine it will be that dramatic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

It would be interesting to see a screenshot or two. I don't imagine it will be that dramatic.

While visually that may be true as far as a posted screenshot goes, IN-GAME it may actually make more of a difference than you may imagine. The artwork / objects / textures etc. will be the same and should not show much difference, but the fact that DIRECT X11 will be utilized will definitely make a difference in effects, water, how the system handles multiple objects, particle effects etc...

So you may not see much difference in a screen shot, it may very well run a LOT better, possibly allowing you to run higher settings with the same equipment.. (I am personally hoping for better performance close to the ground for my helicopters...)

All guesses simply based on the advantages of using DIRECT X11...

We may be mildly surprised at EDGE and the caucuses...

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

This is nitpicking obviously, but hopefully they'll be able to scale up the new tower a bit more, it's way bigger than the old ones.

yG8J4Xj.jpg

u84vuBM.jpg

cIaKpth.jpg

I just kinda noticed on my way to work this morning, I didn't remember seeing the new tower in the video, but it's there, just a lot smaller.

EDIT: Yes I have too much time on my hands =\

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Not sure if this is the best thread for this comment, but if I could have one request, it is when releasing trailers to have them running at 50 or 60fps as youtube now allows. It makes for much more impressive looking sim (especially since a lot of people think sim's are some slow old boring game that only runs at 25fps on a super computer).

Matt's tutorial vids for 190, 109 and F-86 were all recorded on Georgia map with EDGE If I recall correctly.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this comment, but if I could have one request, it is when releasing trailers to have them running at 50 or 60fps as youtube now allows. It makes for much more impressive looking sim (especially since a lot of people think sim's are some slow old boring game that only runs at 25fps on a super computer).

Well, when You fire a salvo of S-5 / S-8 rockets or drop a pair of cluster bombs, or fire a long gatling gun burst at the ground target then yep, it becomes "a game that only runs at 25fps on a super computer" :D :D :D. And judging from latest McCarran airport vid, getting and maintaining a stable 60fps will not be easy for single-GPU users either, even in EDGE.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Old Map looks amazing in new engine.

here are some unofficial one-year-old images from a 3rd party developer

those are old edgelights with the current-old engine and were early WIP at that time (1.2.7 maybe)

that's not the brighty Las Vegas but Batumi and Tbilisi, so imagine how that city lights look now (after a year of development/facelifting) and how will look like within edge - on the old map

It indeed does! My guess is EDGE will blow a couple of minds when released 8)

:megalol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=113717&d=1425080951

attachment.php?attachmentid=113716&d=1425080943

attachment.php?attachmentid=113715&d=1425080926

attachment.php?attachmentid=113714&d=1425080859

sign-pic4.jpg

here are some unofficial one-year-old images from a 3rd party developer

those are old edgelights with the current-old engine and were early WIP at that time (1.2.7 maybe)

that's not the brighty Las Vegas but Batumi and Tbilisi, so imagine how that city lights look now (after a year of development/facelifting) and how will look like within edge - on the old map

:megalol:

attachment.php?attachmentid=113717&d=1425080951

attachment.php?attachmentid=113716&d=1425080943

attachment.php?attachmentid=113715&d=1425080926

attachment.php?attachmentid=113714&d=1425080859

those images aren't working for me.