DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should read the first post in this thread. Come back when you are done, we will wait...

Even the first post doesn't have a valid timeframe. You could have told me 'no' directly. It would save a lot of time for both of us.

• ED Team
Even the first post doesn't have a valid timeframe. You could have told me 'no' directly. It would save a lot of time for both of us.

It does have a timeline, you need to read again....

We hope to release DCS World 2 in the first half of 2015. This is not a promise but simply our best estimate given the current development status as of December 2014. We also cannot promise that each feature listed above will make it into the initial release.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Am i the only one waiting 6 month for EDGE and not playing DCS?

I'm still playing it, but some of my buddies are waiting on the Edge map now. It's not as fun for me playing it on my own, but atleast it's allowed me to study a few more things about the A10C, instead of just flying missions. I hope Edge is released by June, even if it's just to get my buddies back playing it :)

I also look forward to lots more people joining in once Edge is released. I'm sure it will bring in lots of new players, aswell as the ones who are just waiting on Edge now.

Anyone waiting on EDGE to justify not playing is wrong IMO, i still have an absolute blast daily flying MP with my squadmates :thumbup:

Yes, especially with all the new modules out recently, there is plenty to do without even looking out the cockpit...

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I'm flying using an Oculus, DK2, at the moment, so scenery isn't such a big issue for me. I have things setup at night in the Sim, so I can barley see around me as it is. This help with immersion though because of the poor resolution in DK2. Once I'm those mountains ranges, it just feels like I'm flying the real thing.

I'm flying using an Oculus, DK2, at the moment, so scenery isn't such a big issue for me. I have things setup at night in the Sim, so I can barley see around me as it is. This help with immersion though because of the poor resolution in DK2. Once I'm those mountains ranges, it just feels like I'm flying the real thing.

Amen I'm loving the Dk2. I also got it setup for good frames and still good graphics. Sure reinforces good tactics and good Airmanship. Night time is the best for sure, can't wait to see this in dcs 2.0 as I have it very playable and combat effective now in the ka50 and a10c. Will imagine it being more enhanced in the new engine.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I am waiting for a night time video. At least give us some food. It is very hard to wait without any food (food = video). Come on ED

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

So very excited for EDGE. can't wait till it comes out :)

Its been mentioned before, but we totally need a video of flying into a tree and seeing the plane break up and crash :D ( I do understand however that if it hasn't been coded yet then their is no point in making one yet)

I recalled in the December or January newsletter Matt mentioned that 2.0 would be released in Winter 2014. Are we still in 2014?

Well you just answered your own question, didnt you? Why ask for a date when you know the answer. Everything is Subject to Change. You might not like that (I know I dont) but that doesnt change the fact of the matter that ED has never been very good with keeping to their deadlines. There is no need to troll with provocative questions you already know the answer to. It's coming. Probably in 2015. Good enough for me. Its March already.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.