DCS World 1.5 and 2 Discussion

Wags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDGE, which is basically the name of the engine used in DCS 2 so by EDGE I assume you mean DCS 2, will be free. Naturally you will keep the Georgia map in DCS, for free. However, NTTR and SoH are said to be payware add-ons, just like aircraft modules and (since recently) campaigns.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

EDGE, which is basically the name of the engine used in DCS 2 so by EDGE I assume you mean DCS 2, will be free.

Thank you! Every time someone asks "When's EDGE coming out?", it trips my OCD. EDGE is the just the engine that drives the game.

It's like asking "When's Frostbite coming out?" instead of "When's Battlefield coming out?".

I appreciate that I'm just nitpicking here, but it does irritate me for some reason. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I presumed the NTTR map will come with DCS World 2, and I'll be paying if that is the case.

I wouldn't presume that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thank you! Every time someone asks "When's EDGE coming out?", it trips my OCD. EDGE is the just the engine that drives the game.

It's like asking "When's Frostbite coming out?" instead of "When's Battlefield coming out?".

I appreciate that I'm just nitpicking here, but it does irritate me for some reason. :D

There are in fact people who are more interested in edge than nttr. I myself am one of them.

Can you get Frostbite without getting Battlefield? I doubt it.

Can you get EDGE without NTTR? Perfectly yes.

But I agree with you that sometimes people say EDGE when they really meant NTTR. It can be confusing.

You guys have to be careful with what you assume and/or conclude from ED's updates as half of all the DCS 2-related discussions arise when people (accidentally) spread false information...

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Wags has stated that those who puchased The DCS A-10C Beta will receive a free copy of NTTR when released,

Wags has also stated that those who purchased The DCS A-10C when in Beta will receive The Alpha copy of DCS NTTR when DCS World 2.0 is released.

Patrick

mini.gif

I just want anything other than goddamn sand! :P

Its their way in fixing the issues with being able to fly through tree's, if you can't update the engine in such a way that you can collide against trees while keeping a good performance in the game, just remove the trees. ^^

Its their way in fixing the issues with being able to fly through tree's, if you can't update the engine in such a way that you can collide against trees while keeping a good performance in the game, just remove the trees. ^^
There will be trees in NTTR. Just not vast forests.

I have finally sorted out the USB issues on my X99 board, after 3 months.

Now BRING IT ON, ED I'm ready! :P :pilotfly:

and like many others DCS World is hibernating until V 2.0 comes out

I have to admit 2 months after release I will be again yelling around, beggin you to unleash the mighty F/A-18C :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

A little snipped from the russian forum, a bit out of context.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2360256&postcount=2875

Pretty sure this doesnt mean what you think it means,

I think it means all old models have been re-exported with new exporters to make it compatible with the engine.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Trees will be collidable, according to the features list in the first post.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

All I would like to see now is a 10 second video where Wags crashes on a tree...

That would make the day of many simmers around here!

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

funny ?

already possible on the current map, with the current engine. both. no.1 and no.2 as well. tested.

The fact that it can be done doesn't make it any more likely that it will be done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

not necessarily.

trees on caucasus map dont have collision models (planes:shells/lines), not like buildings

but

1. trees got unique forest material which can be used and checked as collision shells/planes too, not only as renderable planes

2. they can change/swap the current tree/forest models to new trees with full collision models. easily and quickly.

I was referring to what Wags said in the first post. To quote:

More detailed tree models with collision for new maps

Whether the old map gets updated to include this as well, I don't know, though it has also been stated that the Caucasus map will not be updated with new EDGE features.

I was referring to what Wags said in the first post. To quote:

Whether the old map gets updated to include this as well, I don't know, though it has also been stated that the Caucasus map will not be updated with new EDGE features.

Edge is a graphics engine and the old map is using certain features of said edge graphics engine in dcs 2.0. You can easily see the improvements in recent videos already posted.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Caucaus will not use new features of EDGE, such as ClipMaps for Terrain Mesh LOD. Etc.

Caucaus will.still be rendered using DX11.

Everything else is unconfirmed.

All I would like to see now is a 10 second video where Wags crashes on a tree...

That would make the day of many simmers around here!

Admit it, that'll be the first thing you do...:D:joystick:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45