High praise for the flanker

Witchking

After seeing all the things which we raise issues about..trim, pitching up, keyboard incompatibility :p with flanker FBW... :megalol: I just wanted to take some time to say Dima/YoYo/ED./Chizh/Wags.. you guys did a fantastic job with the PFM for the flanker. Same goes for all the testers. Great job everyone. Its a fantastic flight model and I enjoy it like it is with all the quirks as it is in real life. For the first time, we can actually fly the flanker with such an authentic flight model.. so I hope you don't loose sight of your achievement in the face of all the PFM complaints you see here. It is absolutely fantastic to deal with the quirks of last generation aircraft and that is what makes each of them unique. I hope you don't "simplify"/"dumb down" the "quirks" for the sake of gameplay/balance.. and leave it as realistic as possible, the way it was designed and the way it is in real life. Keep up the fantastic work and looking forward to seeing more of these modern PFM aircraft. Even FC level :P:pilotfly:... better than the WWII birds for me. :p :music_whistling:

PS: Looking forward to the Su-33 and Mig 29 whenever you get to it. ;)

cheers

Varun

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Loving the PFM here too.

I haven't been keeping an eye on the PFM complaints but as with anything, detractors will always be louder than proponents. I imagine there are many people flying and enjoying themselves and are too busy doing so to jump on the forum.

Everybody enjoys and appreciates the work those people have put in their product. We do not try to bash the product. We are just trying to figure it out, polish it, make it better, or atleast dat is how I feel. Long live ED ^.^

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I am very happy with the updated flight model as well -- and looking forward to many more updated aircraft and new modules down the line. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

After seeing all the things which we raise issues about..trim, pitching up, keyboard incompatibility :p with flanker FBW... :megalol: I just wanted to take some time to say Dima/YoYo/ED./Chizh/Wags.. you guys did a fantastic job with the PFM for the flanker. Same goes for all the testers. Great job everyone. Its a fantastic flight model and I enjoy it like it is with all the quirks as it is in real life. For the first time, we can actually fly the flanker with such an authentic flight model.. so I hope you don't loose sight of your achievement in the face of all the PFM complaints you see here. It is absolutely fantastic to deal with the quirks of last generation aircraft and that is what makes each of them unique. I hope you don't "simplify"/"dumb down" the "quirks" for the sake of gameplay/balance.. and leave it as realistic as possible, the way it was designed and the way it is in real life. Keep up the fantastic work and looking forward to seeing more of these modern PFM aircraft. Even FC level :P:pilotfly:... better than the WWII birds for me. :p :music_whistling:

PS: Looking forward to the Su-33 and Mig 29 whenever you get to it. ;)

cheers

Varun

i agree for all your good words:)

since the flanker beta released ,as a flight dynamic maniac:) i uninstalled other sims that i use to fly before.(a little bit merciless:))

i can wait more to fly su-33 and mig-29 pfm/afm

Edited by theropod
  • Like 1

Of late, my limited sim flight time has been spent almost entirely in this aircraft. Enjoying her greatly. A few things seem aberrant but, then again, it could be operator error. I'm still learning her ways.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Everybody enjoys and appreciates the work those people have put in their product. We do not try to bash the product. We are just trying to figure it out, polish it, make it better, or atleast dat is how I feel. Long live ED ^.^

Yup! But sometimes polish/make it better may be "better" for gameplay/balance, but not in terms of realism. I hope ED sticks to the documentation/realism of the aircraft performance than the "feel" "experience" of flight that we as a community typically quote as being different from the actual aircraft itself.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Enjoying the Crane very much, have enjoyed this bird since Flanker 1/2 (SSI ED). Many will not like my comment here BUT, I HATE the analogue RWR...it's near useless in a high threat environment .

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

If the SU-27 IRL has some of the spin anomalies as this representation by ED, then it is a wonder there are any living SU-27 pilots left. The PFM is a great advancement from the previous, but that does not imply that it does not have some questionable "quirks". It is "Beta" for the very reason that it is a work in progress and subject to "fine tuning/corrections". Even a PFM still has to obey the laws of physics.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Yup. But being one of the first crude FBW implementations, there are quirks to the trim, instability of aircraft which are inherent and not attributed to faults in FM. Either way, I am sure ED pay enough meticulous attention to all their projects that they will iron out any bugs. I just hope they don't simplify some of the FM/FBW to attend to the "difficulty" that we simmers have in controlling the jet.

Agree Witchking, we don't want ED to "dummie down" the FM in order to placate that element that would prefer not having to spend the right amount of time to achieve the skills necessary to properly manage the SU-27. In light of all their positive efforts of past FM iterations, I feel confident in ED to identify and fix any issues that might be a departure from the actual physics as can be achieved via computer simulation. They have earned our trust and patience.

• Like 1

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I agree,

I too like the new model and I know it will get improved over time but what I like about it is that you have to adjust your tactics based on what the flight model can give you which gives you more challenges to solve during your mission.

Like Chief1942 stated, I also believe that ED earned my trust and confidence in their ability

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD