Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

This thread alone has just surpassed 1 million views!  @Charly_Owl, you have helped or assisted more people "learn the ropes" in DCS than possibly all other outlets combined.  I can't thank you enough for your generosity and devotion to our hobby.

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

On 8/17/2021 at 9:27 PM, Charly_Owl said:

Absolutely.

Fantastic Chuck.....I,and I expect many,many others will really appreciate this.....👍👍👍 

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, joker62 said:

Check pag.1, FA-18C last updated 21/08/2021.

and of course, thank you so much Chuck for updating the FA-18C guide!

The MI8 guide is also updated.

You can find history revision here : https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs/ for each guide.

Thanks Chuck 👍

Edited by clanitho

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

page 86, P-47D, "(this process can take about 3 minutes)"

actually can take over 5 minutes for oil temp. to reach 50°C

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

40 minutes ago, D4n said:

page 86, P-47D, "(this process can take about 3 minutes)"

actually can take over 5 minutes for oil temp. to reach 50°C

Actually depends on OAT and engine settings, so 3 minutes is a good enough estimate for most cases. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

Chuck we need You, a Mosquito guide...

c’mon .. the module just released today ... let it go at least trough a couple of the inevitable bug fixes and feature completion, and afterwards at least a month or more to write it.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Chuck is amazing, but give him a break!

i hanen’t downloaded yet, but I have to assume that ED included at least a rudimentary manual for it. Has anyone bothered to look for it?

The reward fo good work is more work. The reward for excellent work is the same with additional demand that it be done NOW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this very minor discrepancy in the Yak 52 slide deck.

In the table of contents, part 14 is named "Aerobatics", whereas in the sidebar of the pages in part 14, it's named "Aerodynamics".

I mentioned it just in case... I'm sure you already enough to do with all the other excellent manuals 🙂

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Hi @ all,

@Charly_Owl: Why do you need a google account if you want to download the Chuck's guides? Wasn't that necessary so far? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 10/5/2021 at 12:08 PM, Desert Fox said:

Just noticed the Google Drive repo is access restricted. Guess something went wrong and this is not intended @Charly_Owl?

Google has recently revamped their Google Drive App, so that’s probably part of the reason.

1 hour ago, kotor633 said:

Why do you need a google account if you want to download the Chuck's guides? Wasn't that necessary so far? 

A Google account is free, so that does not impede your access to the Guides.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Because Google wants your data. If you register, you must give them an email address. With your (an) email address, they far more easily track what you do in the internet, which they can leverage for advertising.

If you are not paying for services someone provides, YOU are the product.

• Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

4 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Hi @ all,

@Charly_Owl: Why do you need a google account if you want to download the Chuck's guides? Wasn't that necessary so far? 

I have no idea. I know there was a recent update to google drive's policy, but it's out of my control. As an alternative, the pdfs hosted on Mudspike don't need any sort of account.

• Thanks 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Captain Orso:

Because Google wants your data. If you register, you must give them an email address. With your (an) email address, they far more easily track what you do in the internet, which they can leverage for advertising.

If you are not paying for services someone provides, YOU are the product.

And that's exactly why Google can l**k my ass ...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Charly_Owl:

I have no idea. I know there was a recent update to google drive's policy, but it's out of my control. As an alternative, the pdfs hosted on Mudspike don't need any sort of account.

Ah, I hadn't thought of mudspike at all. So far I have always downloaded your great guides here in the DCS forum. Thanks for the hint!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello@all

Since I am currently dealing more and more with the M2k (because I think it's just great how this module has evolved in the meantime!) I am of course also working with Chuck's guide. I noticed a small discrepancy: In the manual DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf on page 81 it is written that the UHF frequency goes up to 339.975. In the table below, however, there is up to 339,970. In Chuck's guide on page 206 it says that the UHF frequency can be set up to 400.00. What's right now? 

Hi @Charly_Owl

Do you have any plans to update your F5E3 guide someday? It's still a fantastic guide, but I wish it could be as up-to-date as the other jet guides. 

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

3 minutes ago, Muttley999 said:

download the F5 guide

Try this link for the F-5E https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/DCS F-5E Tiger II Guide.pdf

Just tested it and it works.

Else you can download from Chuck's Google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-uSpZROuEd3THNZeGZMYzF5M0E?resourcekey=0-N8V2z2L3K8inja1HK07iEQ

Edited by AdrianL

2 hours ago, lwalter said:

Do you have any plans to update your F5E3 guide someday? It's still a fantastic guide, but I wish it could be as up-to-date as the other jet guides. 

Yes, it will be updated eventually. However, it's relatively low priority at the moment since I've still got many ongoing projects that need to be wrapped up by the end of 2021.

1 hour ago, Muttley999 said:

Hey lwalter , when I try to download the F5 guide, I keep getting the Aviojet. where did you download from please?  

To me, the google drive links on the first post goes straight to the F-5 guide, not the C-101. Maybe try to flush your cache and try again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

The DH.98 Mosquito guide is now live! See first post.

Wow, 300 pages, amazing ... thanks a lot, really appreciate this. Hopefully more people will support you at Patreon 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw