Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

7 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

The Tomcat Guide has now been updated with a brand new LANTIRN targeting pod section, including JESTER-specific procedures with it using laser-guided bombs. Enjoy!

Good grief you are productive. I can hardly keep up with your manuals. They are also excellent in content. Cheers for that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

The Tomcat Guide has now been updated with a brand new LANTIRN targeting pod section, including JESTER-specific procedures with it using laser-guided bombs. Enjoy!

Thank you , sir 👍

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

On 8/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Apache600 said:

This thread alone has just surpassed 1 million views!  @Charly_Owl, you have helped or assisted more people "learn the ropes" in DCS than possibly all other outlets combined.  I can't thank you enough for your generosity and devotion to our hobby.

one-million-3jg3jt.jpg

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

The Mirage 2000C guide has been updated! See first post.

Changelog (22/12/2021):

• Re-wrote entire radar section
  • Updated air-to-air gun symbology
  • Updated Super S530D tutorial
  • Updated Magic II tutorials
  • Added BAP-100 anti-runway bombs
  • Added INS Stored Heading Alignment (ALCM) procedure
  • Added Tactical Waypoints (Buts Tactiques)
  • Added TAF (Télé-Affichage)
  • Updated HOTAS terminology
  • Updated radio procedures
  • Corrected typos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Charly_Owl

Hello Chuck !
Thanks for your amazing work, I wonder how the DCS community would do without your invaluable guides.

I'm starting to learn about the Mirage 2000, and currently in the process of mapping functions to my Warthog HOTAS. On page 9 of your M2K guide, I've noticed you left the stick H3 button (the one below the trim) completely unbound , and was wondering if that was meant on purpose (and then to what purpose) or if it was a glitch following the last update.

I wish you the best for 2022, hope you and your beloved ones are all fine.

Me too .. I enjoy Chuck's Guides so much that I subscribed to his Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/chucksguides/posts), as a way to make him more worthwhile all the time that he dedicates to create his Guides. 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

40 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

By the way... a new update for the F-16C Viper guide is now live. Enjoy!

Un grand grand grand merci, good job 👍

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

4 minutes ago, Strike502 said:

Will you be doing one for the Blackhawk mod?

I've never seen a Chuck's Guide for a Modded aircraft 🤔

.. in any case, I'd prefer him to do a Guide for the upcoming Apache (hopefully ED can provide him with an early copy of that Module)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

700+ pages, puh! 😅

I always thought, the printed manual to Falcon 3.0 would be the most encyclopedic of its kind forever.

Boy, was I wrong! 

Thank you, Chuck!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Thanks very much for all your guides Chuck but especially the Mossie guide really looking forward to reading this,I really appreciate all those long hours you must have spent on this,your a gentleman Sir 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home