Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

He updated it barely 4 months ago 

Last update date seems to be Jan 29 2022...

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

2 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Last update date seems to be Jan 29 2022

that’s what I said.

1 hour ago, giullep said:

many features have been added in the last 4 months ..

I think you are being too demanding, may I remind you that Chuck’s Guides are given for free and that he is currently writing the Apache Guide?

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rforce:

@Charly_Owl

is the F14 Guide new ? (10.06.2022)

fantastic 👍

Hi,
a little tip: If you want to know what has been changed/adjusted then have a look here: https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-14b-tomcat/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

the following concerns the Mi-24P Guide, page 388, VHF/UHF R-863:
For the R-863 radio it would not have to be something like this: "The R-863 radio set provides two-way voice communications in the VHF range of 100 to 149.975 MHz and UHF range of 220 to 399.975 MHz in AM or FM modes."
Or am I completely wrong here?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Il 28/5/2022 at 13:20, Rudel_chw ha scritto:

that’s what I said.

I think you are being too demanding, may I remind you that Chuck’s Guides are given for free and that he is currently writing the Apache Guide?

hi i am subscribed in patreon...i sustain his work...and you? you could subscribe...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, giullep said:

hi i am subscribed in patreon...i sustain his work...and you? you could subscribe...

In fact, I do, since Dec/19 ... but I don't think that it entitles me to ask for guide updates every 4 months.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 ora fa, Rudel_chw ha scritto:

In fact, I do, since Dec/19 ... but I don't think that it entitles me to ask for guide updates every 4 months.

chuck's Patreon.jpg

every 4 months???? boh...given the direction the discussion is taking, I prefer not to go down a level, mine was a simple question. thanks and best regards

On 5/28/2022 at 12:31 AM, giullep said:

Hi Chuck… do you will release a updated manual for the f-16…? ED is sleeping…

thx

I totally forgot to answer you, giullep, my bad!

The F-16 will definitely have an update with the recently added features. It's in my to-do list, don't worry. However, please take into account that the Apache guide is taking all my free time right now and that the Mirage F1 guide is also planned. Bunny hopping between updates isn't too bad as long as the workload is manageable. I will have to see how much energy I have left after the first iteration of the AH-64 project.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Charly_Owl
As always thanks for these guides good sir! they are my default go to for any module and have been for MANY MANY years. They are the best way for me to learn to wield a module effectively, and I always have them open on my ipad next to me.................

May I ask as to the status of the AH64 guide, but also, the new F1 guide? I am desperately in need of them. 

Edited by Wacko_ZA

3 minutes ago, Wacko_ZA said:

May I ask as to the status of the AH64 guide, 

While you're waiting, I assume you are using the excellent ED Apache manual.

• Like 3

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, imacken said:

While you're waiting, I assume you are using the excellent ED Apache manual.

I am terribly sorry, but was I talking to you? Also was I asking for a alternative? I mean english is a second language for me so maybe I got it wrong.
I wasnt aking about a excellent ED manual, was I? 

2 minutes ago, Wacko_ZA said:

I am terribly sorry, but was I talking to you? Also was I asking for a alternative? I mean english is a second language for me so maybe I got it wrong.

I have no idea why you seem to be offended. Just trying to help while you wait on Chuck’s guide suggesting a good manual available atm. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

19 minutes ago, Wacko_ZA said:

I am terribly sorry, but was I talking to you?

This is a Forum .. if you don’t want other users involved then use a private message instead.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Wacko_ZA said:

A simple "Yes, but I would like something simpler and more immediate than the official ED manual" could be enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

6 hours ago, Wacko_ZA said:

Hi @Charly_Owl
As always thanks for these guides good sir! they are my default go to for any module and have been for MANY MANY years. They are the best way for me to learn to wield a module effectively, and I always have them open on my ipad next to me.................

May I ask as to the status of the AH64 guide, but also, the new F1 guide? I am desperately in need of them. 

I can answer the question about the status: He is working on it. 

• Like 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

7 hours ago, LordOrion said:

A simple "Yes, but I would like something simpler and more immediate than the official ED manual" could be enough.

Completely agree, cordiality is needed.

Edited by Top Jockey
  • Like 3

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

12 hours ago, Wacko_ZA said:

This approach will get you nowhere. 

• Like 2

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

On 9/10/2022 at 5:05 AM, Wacko_ZA said:

Hi @Charly_Owl

At the moment, I have written more than 400 pages for the AH-64. The cockpit description, start-up, takeoff, landing, and sensors sections are complete. The weapons section is still being worked on. Once the weapons section is complete, I still have to work on the navigation, autopilot, powerplant, countermeasures, multicrew, and aerodynamics sections, which should prove to be slightly "less complicated".

Work on the Mirage F1 guide has not started yet. I'd rather not work on stuff in parallel since I know some users are getting impatient about the AH-64 guide.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 12