Chuck's Guides - DCS Tutorial Library

Charly_Owl

Thank you again,,,, simple, yet effective,,,it did not cross my mind to install the same application multiple times, just in different directories,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

When you're done with the module guides, how about a guide for the Mission Editor? I really would like to get working in the ME, but I find it overwhelming with all its options etc. A step-by-step guide like the ones you have made for the aircraft modules so far seems like a great way to do this.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks a lot dear Charly.

I especially wanted to take a look at your work. I'm 100% sure your works are the best thing that is enlightening us. So, it will be easy for me to decide to buy this module or not, through your awesome documentation. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks for sharing your work, that's really useful:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

These guides are amazing! For someone like myself who works 60+ hrs a week, married with kids and doesn’t have the time to process all of the information with each module, these really help me tremendously.

Thank You Chuck!

Edited by rjetster1

Thank you for these guides Chuck. I've used them both as a supplement after reading the official manual, and for other aircraft as an introduction before diving in to the official manual. They work well both ways!

If I could make a small request, could you possible put dates next to the link for each aircraft showing when they were last updated? That way we can make sure we always have the most up to date ones. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Like to add my thanks as well Chuck. Very well presented. Thank you.

Self Built Block 52 F-16 Cockpit - Win10 Pro 64Bit; i5-6600K @ 3.40GHz; ASROCK Z170 Extreme 4+; 32GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz; AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB HBM2; TM Warthog HOTAS; TM Cougar MFD x3; Saitek Pro Combat Pedals; TIR-5 w/Pro Clip; Logitech G510; Logitech G13; Gametrix KW908 G-Cueing Jetseat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As always, great work here Chuck, thanks. I know you're busy with RL stuff, but out of curiosity, and guesstiment as to when you might be able to squeeze in an update to the M2000? Can't wait to see your take on the A2A refueling. S! sir and thanks again for your hard work!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

As always, great work here Chuck, thanks. I know you're busy with RL stuff, but out of curiosity, and guesstiment as to when you might be able to squeeze in an update to the M2000? Can't wait to see your take on the A2A refueling. S! sir and thanks again for your hard work!

2 weeks?

Sorry, couldn't help it :)

I just need to spend some time being physically at home... which is hard to find at the moment.

2 weeks?

LOL But you forgot the "Be sure" part. ;)

I just need to spend some time being physically at home... which is hard to find at the moment.
I hear you, just anxious for your updated version is all, don't mind me. :)
Edited by Justificus
Fix Quote

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

2 weeks?

Nice! :) Those "2 weeks" represented, in мy experience, the most thrilling flight sim days. Thank you for your tutorials and effort you put in to make sims easier and funnier to players. ~S~

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Chuck for your guides!

May I have a small suggestion? Could you add some kind of indication when was the guide last updated? Like a timestamp on the first page of the guide so as to know whether we should redownload the guide and search for differences?