104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Speaking of mods... someone should make a nuclear warheads for BVR missiles mod. Proximity fuse distance could be quite liberal, too. :D

One of the guys in my squad did that...

He also made AMRAAMs fly at mach 20...at 25,000ft.

:megalol:

Lord of Salt

Speaking of mods... someone should make a nuclear warheads for BVR missiles mod. Proximity fuse distance could be quite liberal, too. :D

No joke mod is required because the US air force did in fact deploy a nuclear tipped air to air missile, the AIM-26 Falcon. Even more alarmingly, the AIM-26 is a WVR only weapon! One hopes that the pilots of the F-102s that carried the things were issued with a good pair of sunglasses...

;2617296']

We share your opinion, which is why we will not allow it on our Combat 1.5 Server, only our NTTR Training Server which has no PvP currently.

We may remove it completely after the holidays however for now while its the Festive Season we are having a lot of fun with it :)

Well, I'm loving the NTTR Training server as it is now. Feels realistic with "practice" targets around the range at various places. After all that's what NTTR is for right? :thumbup:

It's awesome to fly the A10-C around spotting ground targets, took me ages to find four trucks hidden in a valley to the east of "the box" last night. When I did spot them and got them with the cannon I flew back to Nellis with a smile :D

Nice server and smooth to fly on. I get good fps which is great as some servers I have been on the fps and stutter is terrible.

Keep it up 104th :thumbup:

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Just wanted to share my appreciation of what the 104th did today with the live F15 drones for the M2000s to practice against.

Despite not having an M2000 it was great fun to even attempt getting a lock with the Hawk.

Anyway as always greatly appreciate what the 104th does for the community! Thank you.

Agreed! Lots of fun to practice edge-of-the-envelope flying without dying. Thanks for that! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Evening folks,

First off, thanks for hosting such an active, generally positive server. It's rad to see so many folks having a good time in the air sim space simultaneously.

So, confession: I'm pretty bad at flying. I can learn the systems, get myself up there, but I have some real SA issues and since things at the 104th are a certain way, I could use some advice to help mitigate this a just bit, if possible.

I fly mostly the Fishbed, and lately the Mirage. Clearly I have some unresolved feelings toward delta wing interceptors. Either way, they both possess some unique issues when flying them at the 104th. The Fishbed is severely dependent on a GCI/AWACS. As we all know, DCS is pretty borked in that department, so does this restrict the Fishbed to basically visual ID and radar IFF currently?

Similarly, since the Mirage's IFF is not yet modeled, is the only option for the Mirage to either visually ID (which is tough, due to current model enlargement issues, but I'm also just a big blind baby) or rayguns in chat? If this is the case, are there any consistent ways to tell if an aircraft is friendly or not, visually? I saw that the Mirages recently got a set of skins to differentiate, is this also true across the board?

Sorry for the novel, and thanks again for hosting such a great server. I really do enjoy playing there, even as a total scrublord.

Thanks, folks!

The Mirage and Fishbed versions modelled in DCS are outclassed in the BVR arena by FC fighters as they suffer from both inferior radars and missiles. You're not doing yourself a favor by flying those when Eagles and Flankers are up there. It would have been a different story if we got the -5 Mirage.

My advice if you really want to fly the current delta wings would be using comms to get calls from your buddies who can IFF. Let them engage first ans stay in the background ready to intervene from close range when the bad guy is too busy to look for you. Try to avoid exposing yourself or going head to head with Eagles, keep a low profile and use TS to build your SA until a good opportunity presents itself.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Thanks for the response, Flanker.

You're definitely right on the being outclassed front. I don't mind that so much - mostly enjoying the simulation and seeing what I can noodle out.

I mostly ask just to help me in the IFF department, since there is no AWACS to declare, no model enlargement, and the Mirage doesn't have functional IFF currently. Don't mind being the small fish, just want to minimize accidentally biting friends.

The TS tip is strong, though! I hadn't considered that, and it seems like a great way to build SA and find some easier pickings.

Edited by Mmmslash
Clarification

Love the server gents.

I was wondering if there will be a fix soon regarding fuel tanks for the Mirage, in the 1.5 server?

I've been enjoying the 2.0 server too :)

This is fixed. Changes will be reflected in the Next mission rotate.

It's essentially the same issue as with the MiG-21 ASO-2 item not appearing in warehousing from 1 patch to another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tonight from 19:00z to 21:00z on our NTTR 2.0 Server, 104th Aggressor Live Air Targets will be available.

The main objective of this is to give clients a chance to train delivering weapons in the M2000C under stress but without the risk of getting shot down. We will do everything we can to evade your missiles and make it to the merge but we will not fire at you.

Although we welcome all aircraft to come and have a pop at us we are doing this primarily for the M2000C clients.

Want to join in? ... Easy... just join our 2.0 Server during the times above, select your aircraft on Blue, press F10 and find us (near Groom Lake) then come get some!

All skill levels welcome!

See you in the middle!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

UIHUQPf.jpg

Tonight from 18:00z

Restricted Weapon Missions

• F-15C - Aim7 & Aim9

• SU27/SU33 - R27R, R27T, R60M & R73

• MIG29 - R27R, R27T, R60M & R73

• Mig21 -No Restriction

• Mirage -No Restriction

avM4BZr.png

Don't know your zulu time? - www.zulutime.net

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Woohoo

Gunzzz on Sweep.:gun_rifle:

Your 30mm does nothing to a Mirage! :megalol: :megalol:

Edit: Maverick, you could always try this...https://youtu.be/e686mVWXhY0?t=92

Just be sure to try it over 9000ft slant range from any MiG-28s (or F-15s) and above 3.0 on the gas gauge. :P

Edited by Sweep
:D

Lord of Salt

Niiice, R-27T allowed, gr8 news!!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

;2625752']Tonight from 19:00z to 21:00z on our NTTR 2.0 Server' date=' [b']104th Aggressor Live Air Targets[/b] will be available.

The main objective of this is to give clients a chance to train delivering weapons in the M2000C under stress but without the risk of getting shot down. We will do everything we can to evade your missiles and make it to the merge but we will not fire at you.

Although we welcome all aircraft to come and have a pop at us we are doing this primarily for the M2000C clients.

Want to join in? ... Easy... just join our 2.0 Server during the times above, select your aircraft on Blue, press F10 and find us (near Groom Lake) then come get some!

All skill levels welcome!

See you in the middle!

I don't fly jets, but man, this is great! I did some of this in my Mustang to help get over a rudder coord issue, and it is great fun. Awesome way to build skills, confidence and friendships.

Make sure everyone is on TeamSpeak, and the learning curve eases dramatically with good pointers, friendly jabs and taunts, taunts, taunts.... :D:D:D

Edited by HeadHunter52

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )