104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

I hope you guy add Christen Eagle II slots to both sides.

It would be also nice if you add aerobatics safe spaces, similar to have ground attackers have their own safe space.

S!

I agree to this a lot. Hope they don't ignore it, and accept all kind of types of community, it has such a big potential. Diversity is a very good thing, inside and outside of game, let's not be disctriminatory to other people likes, please. Thank you in advance

I hope you guy add Christen Eagle II slots to both sides.

It would be also nice if you add aerobatics safe spaces, similar to have ground attackers have their own safe space.

S!

That won't happen, infact, they don't even add so many trainer aircraft to the server since it's a full fledged combat zone for planes that are armed to the teeth. Maybe the open conflict server might add them but not this one

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

;3305309']Server has been updated to 1.5.8.12162 Open Beta to accommodate the AV/8B. If you do not see our server in the list please connect directly to it using the IP address 208.94.240.34.

The server is not in the list, trying to connect it by IP with standard port it says server is offline. What do I do wrong?

Thanks.

Is simple radio still being used on this server? I have tried to connect to the IP but it just immediately disconnects. If it is still up and running, what version is it? I know that version conflicts can cause that issue.

Current SRS version on server is 1.4.4.0.

MiHayba.jpg

We have started adding in long range Deepstrike Targets on our missions for air to ground pilots.

These Targets will be at least a 100nm flight away and where possible and practical will be behind enemy lines.

Clients can now test their terrain masking and low level flying skills on longer sorties that require planning to make it in and out alive.

More details are contained in the mission briefings under the DEEPSTRIKE TARGETS section of the Air to Ground briefing.

So far these missions are included on:

Operation Bison,

Operation Fireshield,

Operation Able Archer,

Operation Leopard,

We will update the remaining missions this week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3319941']

We have started adding in long range Deepstrike Targets on our missions for air to ground pilots.

These Targets will be at least a 100nm flight away and where possible and practical will be behind enemy lines.

Clients can now test their terrain masking and low level flying skills on longer sorties that require planning to make it in and out alive.

More details are contained in the mission briefings under the DEEPSTRIKE TARGETS section of the Air to Ground briefing.

So far these missions are included on:

Operation Bison,

Operation Fireshield,

Operation Able Archer,

Operation Leopard,

We will update the remaining missions this week.

Awesome looking forward to trying this out thanks!

Have the harriers side arms been tried against enemy airfields yet? I need to try this for fun and a challenge.

Yes me and Zombiesnax did. We wiped out half a airfield SAM defenses, radars and launch platforms with sidearm and Mav's. One go's in as bait to lure them out the other targets them with Mav's or sidearms. You can consistently defeat SAM's from close range with the harrier. The only hard part is maybe finding the manpads. But you can just bring a A-10C for that job, it's more easy to find them with that plane and to mob everything up.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

When will the 104th servers be back up for everyone who doesn't have the Harrier?

They should be up now? The Harrier isn't required, just the update to 1.5.8 Open Beta.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Oh maybe I haven't updated to 1.5.8 Open Beta. Do I just run the update?

A-firm :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

A-firm :thumbup:

On the DCSW website, I see DCS 1.5 and DCS 1.5 Open Beta. I'm assuming I have to download the Open Beta instead of actually updating the version I have right now, correct?

Also what's the difference between the first one and the Open Beta?

On the DCSW website, I see DCS 1.5 and DCS 1.5 Open Beta. I'm assuming I have to download the Open Beta instead of actually updating the version I have right now, correct?

Also what's the difference between the first one and the Open Beta?

You can do it two ways: Install a new version, (beta) next to your normal DCS install. (Will cost a lot of space, time etc. but secure against messing somethign up)

Or you convert your current installation into a beta version. You can do this via Skatezillas GUI tool (see mod section) or an edit in the autoupdate.dat file in the DCS main folder.

Make a backup of the file and simply change the second line from 'release' to 'openbeta' ( "branch": "openbeta",)

You can do it two ways: Install a new version, (beta) next to your normal DCS install. (Will cost a lot of space, time etc. but secure against messing somethign up)

Or you convert your current installation into a beta version. You can do this via Skatezillas GUI tool (see mod section) or an edit in the autoupdate.dat file in the DCS main folder.

Make a backup of the file and simply change the second line from 'release' to 'openbeta' ( "branch": "openbeta",)

Ok cool. So people who have DCS 2.0 have both 1.5 and 2.0 installed separately? Also, what's different in the 1.5.8 Open Beta?

Ah sorry forgot that question. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304547&postcount=61 In that thread the newest patch notes are published, sometimes new patches will get released first on the open beta branch because a lot of bugs and issues are expected. Also the chances that a users installation breaks is much smaller. As you can see from the notes the new patch has the harrier for example. :)

On the top of the post I linked you can see "today for the Open Beta only".Depending on the quality of the beta patch it will take 1 or more weeks to be released on the release (normal 1.5) branch.

Personally I have DCS 2.0 & 1.5 installed, when there is a beta patch I simply change my 1.5 version as described in my last post. (There should also be a few tutorials around this forum that explain it way better than me) But if you have the disk space there is no problem to have 3 installations next to each other.

Edited by ApoNOOB

Ah sorry forgot that question. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3304547&postcount=61 In that thread the newest patch notes are published, sometimes new patches will get released first on the open beta branch because a lot of bugs and issues are expected. Also the chances that a users installation breaks is much smaller. As you can see from the notes the new patch has the harrier for example. :)

On the top of the post I linked you can see "today for the Open Beta only".Depending on the quality of the beta patch it will take 1 or more weeks to be released on the release (normal 1.5) branch.

Personally I have DCS 2.0 & 1.5 installed, when there is a beta patch I simply change my 1.5 version as described in my last post. (There should also be a few tutorials around this forum that explain it way better than me) But if you have the disk space there is no problem to have 3 installations next to each other.

Thank you!

aw man, gotta set up controls for 1.5.8 :(:lol:

aw man, gotta set up controls for 1.5.8 :(:lol:

Just copy and paste the Config>Input folder from Saved Games for 1.5.7 Stable to the 1.5.8 OpenBeta folder...replace all files, and you're all set.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: