104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

I konw all that Maverick, I know you are doing a thought job with serv it's a fact. I was just crying a little bit....but i'm still flying on your serv anyway on red side because i know there is something to learn/challenge.

I was just pointing tht fact of last post about "realism".

;3587566']

Whats wrong with flying the Mirage that you seem to covet so much in your avatar and location?

Not a mirage.

Cheers

Hope is not lost mate, you must have joined at a bad time.

The irony of your comments is that now more than ever we need great Eagle pilots!

YES, 100% the Hornet is awesome, but its not an Eagle... and the blue side are finding out very quickly that they need good Eagle drivers.

Even with 10 AMRAAMS the Hornet still doesn't have the same authority as the Eagle and when there are no F-15s on Blue the Hornets really suffer. Its not an air superiority fighter and the Red side are only to happy to remind bug drivers of this fact.

European peak times seems to have the best server numbers with reasonable balance (screenshot taken at 18:00zulu), there are a lot of Red pilots flying these days, talented ones too!

Trust the force mon ami, all is not lost.

1qXlU92.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

LotATC will be disabled for the next week or so.

We are working closely with the developer of the programme to optimise it for high server populations and progress is being made!

We hope to have it working full time in the near future and will post and update as soon as something changes. In the meantime GCI will only be available using the Combined Arms module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will 104th ever come back to Persian Gulf? I miss playing there. I hope there can be some schedule where the server can switch between maps.

What if we can do something like the second weekend of every month be for the NTTR map. And the second two weeks of each month be for the Gulf Map? The first two weeks be for Caucasus map

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Will 104th ever come back to Persian Gulf? I miss playing there. I hope there can be some schedule where the server can switch between maps.

What if we can do something like the second weekend of every month be for the NTTR map. And the second two weeks of each month be for the Gulf Map? The first two weeks be for Caucasus map

See Maverick's post here. They're planning to rotate between Caucasus and PG once a Longbow-esque mission is done.

Also when it comes to using assets, can we use as many assets as we can? For instance, if we use a KC-135 for refuelling, it doesn't necessarily have to be of the USAF. It could be a Turkish KC-135.

Also to add to immersion more. Can the missions contain assets from countries more specific to the maps? Like in the PG map, let's say a certain base is captured, the C-17 that comes to deliver the SAM sites in the area can be Kuwaiti or UAE, not necessarily a USAF C-17. It can be random.

Another thing that can be done is, supposing an Asset is shot down, like an A-50 Mainstay? The next Awacs to be on station could be Iranian, or Chinese KJ-2000, just to add to the realism factor of (we can only provide what we have for now)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

I couldn't agree more with atazar.

One of the things that makes DCS great, is a community of mature, intelligent and polite people. Lets not let the few people who choose to abuse or insult others get away with it by tolerating such behaviour. If someone is being a dick nudge them in the right direction and if that doesn't work report them and get them banned. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance we'll see Clean Sweep get rotated in again? I know I'm not the only one who really enjoyed flying it!

Yes and no.

I'm in the final stages of finishing our 'Longbow' style mission for the Persian Gulf, which should be much more exciting than Clean Sweep.

The Clean Sweep style missions will return after a month or so of running the Dynamic ones back to back.

The plan for the server is to host Operation Longbow until a coalition wins then host the Persian Gulf version 'Operation Southern Shield' until a coalition wins and so on.

Eventually we want to have 'Airquake' style missions added to the PG map too with all aircraft on both sides with shorter distances between bases, it looks like these battles will take place over main land Iran rather than the UAE which will open up a whole new area of the map to get to fly around in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey what if players were allowed to call in bombing strikes from bombers? Maybe after a certain condition like achieving something like 25 aerial kills to 0 losses. They can then summon a bomber to do bombing on a certain area.

Also something like when you achieve let's say 25 kills to no losses, you unlock subsonic bombers like Tu-95s or B-52s, and when you achieve 50 you can unlock supersonic bombers like the Tu-22/Tu-160 or B-1B?

This was just a big idea that came into my head that I though I had to share. See if it's possible or feasible in some way?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the 104th down? I'm not seeing it on the server list, and when I try to connect via IP I get 'server offline'.

edit: I'm guessing it's up because there's plenty of people on TS and SRS. Hung around for around 30 mins in the "I need an admin" channel but I guess you're all too busy having fun!!

So presumably there's a server list problem.

Edited by epoch

Hi

Normally i dont have any problem connecting the server. But now I cant see the server. Its online - confirmed that on TS. But it just doesnt show up for me.

Tried to install the version mentioned on TS, and with the newest version of the openbeta. But no luck.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

Hi

Normally i dont have any problem connecting the server. But now I cant see the server. Its online - confirmed that on TS. But it just doesnt show up for me.

Tried to install the version mentioned on TS, and with the newest version of the openbeta. But no luck.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

I think that when a server is not listed is because you are on a different DCS World version. Do you have the latest OB?