104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Operation Southern Shield has E-2s and E-3s in the air providing verbal comms. But they do not feed the Link-16 network. I'm only seeing PPLI and F/F tracks. (ie no SURVL tracks)

Thanks, I'll take a look at this and fix it now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I killed a teammate. HUD TD box was a diamond, with shoot que making easy to see it was a diamond. Friendly was in F-15, so he wasn't in PPLI.

What has everyone been doing for ROE?

If you were in a hornet you have to turn on your IFF system now or it shows everyone as hostile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600, GTX770 @1080p

Just played in the 104th flying a J11, something strange happened, for some minutes links and kill feed was like frozen, same with awacs calls, then after 1 or 2 minutes everything started to be shown again but sort of like everything in one moment (the last 2 minutes of kill feeds and awac calls). Have anyone seen this behoviour before?

According to the chat i was not the only one seeing that.

If you were in a hornet you have to turn on your IFF system now or it shows everyone as hostile

It was on.. ive been using it with the SA page and datalink just fine. In this instance I was WVR and the friendly appeared hostile in the hud. I’m not sure if I still need to place the cursor over the target to manually IFF while in STT. This is nearly impossible in a turn fight where the target constantly moves on the radar page. One would think IFF would be automatic in STT.

It was on.. ive been using it with the SA page and datalink just fine. In this instance I was WVR and the friendly appeared hostile in the hud. I’m not sure if I still need to place the cursor over the target to manually IFF while in STT. This is nearly impossible in a turn fight where the target constantly moves on the radar page. One would think IFF would be automatic in STT.

The only other thing I can think of is there is still the bug/feature that means you have to have the contact near the center of the hud in order to properly interrogate the contact. Was the contact near the edges of the hud?

I was diving down on him inverted with him centered in my HUD. I pressed Sensor switch depress, which didn't do anything (it was working just minutes before with the SA page) But my radar cursor wasn't on top of the brick.

I cant imagine you'd have to place the cursor over the target to IFF when in a turn fight.

Anyway, I don't want to make the mistake again. So I'm just looking for more layers of protection.

Its difficult when you find someone very close, not on PPLI, don't have time to place your cursor over the radar brick to manually interrogate, and both teams have all the same aircraft..

Sadly the IFF in the Hornet is still terrible!

But yes you would have to move the cursor over him in a turning fight (remember the real aircraft has working IFF and doesn't have to do this)

You just have to be really careful, especially when in close, you really need to make the extra effort to get the contact dead centre in the HUD however I've still seen IFF give wrong info despite doing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a flow I use when locking someone up. I'm going to assume you have F/F disabled.

1. IFF interrogate the brick, then compare with what I see on SA.

2. If I lock the contact, I again look at SA, and make sure that there is a star on the HAFU.

3. If the HAFU I have locked has a star, but is unknown (yellow) I interrogate again.

4. If the HAFU goes hostile (red) I fox.

5. If the HAFU stays yellow, I try to NCTR.

6. If I can't get the contact to flip to either friend (green) or hostile (red) and I can't get an ID from NCTR, I VID.

Notice, I don't even mention the HUD TD box. Since that is currently known to not accurate reflect the IFF state, which apparently gets fixed tomorrow. Pity I won't be able to test for the foreseeable future, will be flying something else. ;)

It is tedious to go through these steps, but I much prefer getting shot down myself being careful, while getting POS ID, rather than splashing a blue and dealing with that drama. Don't forget, there are more resources for doing ID'ing. Check AWACS, or check in with GCI if available. I wish the Hornet had the radio option to declare, like the F-15 has though...

The hornet DL seem like on and off after newest OB update in this today current mission (fireshield?). And the AWACS keeps telling "clean" while I know for sure there's bunch of bandits around. But after few moments it back normal. Probably normal but it feels very unusual.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Is the F14's datalink supported on your server Maverick?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

;3837308']Yes' date=' the freq is [b']315.9[/b]

Thank you!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Maverick is there a way to tell Jester to plug in this exact frequency? Or can it only be done by a Human RIO?

Yes and no.

You dont need to tell Jester the freq he will know it automatically. You go to the Jester menu and select.

Datalink

Tune Host

Select E2

He will then couple with the Link 4 system on the E2.

The freq seems to change with every newly spawned E2 aircraft so until we get the kneeboard working again the only way to find out the freq manually is by doing the steps above then have a human join in the back seat and tell you what freq Jester has set.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a flow I use when locking someone up. I'm going to assume you have F/F disabled.

1. IFF interrogate the brick, then compare with what I see on SA.

2. If I lock the contact, I again look at SA, and make sure that there is a star on the HAFU.

3. If the HAFU I have locked has a star, but is unknown (yellow) I interrogate again.

4. If the HAFU goes hostile (red) I fox.

5. If the HAFU stays yellow, I try to NCTR.

6. If I can't get the contact to flip to either friend (green) or hostile (red) and I can't get an ID from NCTR, I VID.

Notice, I don't even mention the HUD TD box. Since that is currently known to not accurate reflect the IFF state, which apparently gets fixed tomorrow. Pity I won't be able to test for the foreseeable future, will be flying something else. ;)

It is tedious to go through these steps, but I much prefer getting shot down myself being careful, while getting POS ID, rather than splashing a blue and dealing with that drama. Don't forget, there are more resources for doing ID'ing. Check AWACS, or check in with GCI if available. I wish the Hornet had the radio option to declare, like the F-15 has though...

None of what you said was my issue. As I said, I was using IFF from a distance just fine.

I did however find the problem. A bug is preventing IFF from working in STT.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3825412&postcount=11

This will certainly hamper WVR fights when being 'heads down' chasing a radar brick isnt practical in a dogfight.

None of what you said was my issue. As I said, I was using IFF from a distance just fine.

I did however find the problem. A bug is preventing IFF from working in STT.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3825412&postcount=11

This will certainly hamper WVR fights when being 'heads down' chasing a radar brick isnt practical in a dogfight.

From Wags himself

Re IFF on an unknown STT target: as we've stated earlier, this has already been resolved internally. Sadly, it was not completed in time for this weeks OB.

Thanks 

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

;3840854']Yes and no.

You dont need to tell Jester the freq he will know it automatically. You go to the Jester menu and select.

Datalink

Tune Host

Select E2

He will then couple with the Link 4 system on the E2.

The freq seems to change with every newly spawned E2 aircraft so until we get the kneeboard working again the only way to find out the freq manually is by doing the steps above then have a human join in the back seat and tell you what freq Jester has set.

Ahh, awesome thanks!