Generator - Battery misfunction

iFoxRomeo

As with the Dora http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129159, the Kurfuerst also suffers from a misfunctioning generator.

The problem is not as severe as with the Dora, but annoying non the less.

It happens when flying around, doing nothing but flying at engine rpm above 2000.

At first the L/G indicator light starts to flicker. The flicker gets more intense with time. Then the instrument lighting does it as well. It is most annoying when the reticle starts to flicker. At this point the battery seems to be nearly depleted and in case you lose the generator the boost pumps cannot supply enough fuel pressure to the engine.

The radios do, contrary to the Dora, still work at this point, even on battery only.

In this video you can see at what flighttime the problems arise. I took control at 12:00, ramp cold.

At the end of this flight I got pitot tube icing. Look at the speed indicator at the end of the video. When I descend the speed drops. Temperature was set to 15°C, no clouds.

This problem was there from the release of the Kurfuerst.

Tested it with Open Beta 1.2.14u1, it still remains. The attached track is for mentioned open beta.

Unfortunately youtube´s compression makes the light flickering at the beginning nearly invisible.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I also encountered this problem today which prevented me from restarting the engine after a quick stop to rearm.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem circuit breaker out and can not reset.

“Shiny Switch Method”

:thumbup:1. You only need to flip the switches that are shiny. Someone before you figured out those make the aircraft work no need to second guess it.

:(2. Never fly an aircraft with a shiny ejection handle.

Same here! Now for the third time... if it is meant to be that way (effect of mistreating the plane), we could use some hints what to do/not to do.

Honestly, like the other guys, i cannot remember doing anything bad or excessive when that happens... :(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Same here. What's interesting, that if I set throttle to idle, then after a little time flickering stops. I think it's because of airflow is turning the prop. After landing however, with engine being on idle, cockpit lightning becomes barely visible and it seems like battery is pretty much dead.

Seems Generator is not loading the battery???

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

For some reason the generator cuts off above around 1500-1600rpm, so you are basicly flying on the battery above that.

And the stuff you can do without both battery and generator while flying is quite nice... Or without any other electrical system.

I would dare to assume that the electrical system is still pretty much wip.

With radio usage it's the same. Turn your battery off, call ATC below 1600rpm, it works. Go above 1600rpm it doesn't, keep the above 1600rpm support with battery, ATC responds.

So, if you use radio above the 1600rpm you are using your battery I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...