So, Dora or Kurfürst?

JST

I was a bit gutted they threw in the last models of these planes. I would have preferred a 109 F4 and maybe the radial 190.

Since when does turning matter - boom and zoom. Boom and zoom. Swoop down pick them off with your guns and be out of range before they have time to react.

I actually like all 3 so far. They're all different and require a slightly different flying style. Even though I was reluctant to fly the mustang with tv blathering on how it's the best thing since deodorant. Starting to like it though.

I prefer the sights and vision from the mustang and the easy landings.

I prefer the look of a k-4 and it's a legend on the wrong side. Nuff said. It feels like a brute and it feels old with plenty of fight left in it.

The d3 is so majestic, one of those in real life looks stunning. The simplicity of the office makes it almost boring in the cockpit, but it flies so well. It's got more guns too.

Spitfire.

Now there's a good choice! :thumbup: Nothing beats flying a Spitfire for me.

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I thought this was a thread about the 190D-9 and Bf 109K-4? There will be plenty of opportunity for commonwealth chauvinism:music_whistling: when the Spitfires finally make it to DCS, or you can post it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115453

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

As an aeroplane to fly I really like the P-51, it has all the trimming options, a nice, powerful engine, good visibility, it lets me diddle with levers and switches almost to my heart's content.

But as a fighter against ze tchermanz I don't think it stacks up very well, I don't own the 109K4 but to me it looks like the superiour fighter at least for the most part.

But I'll carry on flying the Mustang because I like to.

Between the Dora and Kurfurst, I fare better in the Dora. I have always loved the look of the -109 though, and am getting better in it. As far as looks, they both have their strong points. It seems as though there is more ammo in the Dora, and for a crappy shot like me that helps. Visibility seems better too. But I keep flying the Kurfurst, especially those Tulip Nose skins.....love 'em