Having Activation or Re-Activation Issues? Read This!

Cobra847

Hi All,

There is an unfortunate issue with all generated and registered MiG-21 keys prior to a certain date. We hope to fully eliminate this issue in the future. For now, please follow these steps if your license key or activation process is giving you issues:

Step 1

Try using the Registry Fix file attached to this post below. Extract the file and open it.

Please note that this registry file is different from the one that encompasses all the DCS modules, so even if you've tried that one, try this one again.

Once you've cleared your registry, re-activate your product as normal on launch or use pcsml.exe found in the /Mods/Aircraft/MiG-21/bin folder.

Step 2, if Step 1 should not work

Send me an e-mail directly to nicholas.dackard@gmail.com

Please expect 1-2 days before you receive a reply as all e-mails are replied to in sequential order and it can get fairly busy in my inbox! You will be asked to provide your key and you will receive a new one in return.

Should you not receive a reply in this timeperiod, please PM me here directly. (Your mail might've gotten filtered as Spam or similar).

From the entire team; apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

NOTE: Currently, it is important to note that due to updating our protection system, switching between 1.2.16 and 1.5 will yield a re-activation prompt.

Currently, we recommend that you stick to one version of DCS World until 1.5 is Final.

Thanks!

Nick & LS

Mig-21_delete_activation_data.zip

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy's

I'm having an issue with the MiG-21 module.

I updated my graphics card from a 2GB AMD Radeon 6950 to a GTX 980.

All other modules are fine but when I attempt to load multiplayer it comes up with an error for the MiG-21 module saying a hardware change has occurred and a re-activation is required. When I follow the instruction to re-activate it comes up with my key and then an message saying re-activation has been successful, I have X reactivations left. Then an error code for the MiG-21 module and I can not access it in game.

Going to follow the instructions in step 1 above and see if this helps.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Hi guy's

I'm having an issue with the MiG-21 module.

I updated my graphics card from a 2GB AMD Radeon 6950 to a GTX 980.

All other modules are fine but when I attempt to load multiplayer it comes up with an error for the MiG-21 module saying a hardware change has occurred and a re-activation is required. When I follow the instruction to re-activate it comes up with my key and then an message saying re-activation has been successful, I have X reactivations left. Then an error code for the MiG-21 module and I can not access it in game.

Going to follow the instructions in step 1 above and see if this helps.

EDIT - Worked, all ok now.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

From newly created post sry did'nt see this thread.....

Ok so today I decided to hop in the Mig21 online like I've dont countless times before. After clicking the DCS beta MP icon the game starts than asks for a re-verification of the DCS MIG21BIS. The first time I did this it also through the same thing for the A10C I went thru with the process an than continued to proceed to go into the server I always frequent(VA's) an when I goto to hop in the Mig 21 it does'nt let me in the plane. I tried the same with the A10C an it's fine along with a few other aircraft I tried at random. I'm now at a loss as to whats casuing this an why. I have not made an major hardware changes to this computer other than adding drivers for a backup mouse I used to use an added TrackIR Track Clip pro an I also did a cpu verification to force all cores on my pc nothing else has been done. Thinking maybe the hardware change was the culpert I did a system restore an also checked my key for the Mig21, changed my pw on ED store an attempted again but still same thing happends. Force key verification for the Mig21 an online mp can't get in the Mig. Any help would be appreciated. Really don't want to do a full re-install of DCSW if I don't have to an I'm not sure if that'd even resolve the issue. I hav'nt tried to do this in the stable (non beta) version of DCSW will try that next while waiting for a response.

I'am not sure if this is the same issue others are experiencing or if this is related, will try the registry fix an reply back.

Kirk-Call911

Edit..Step 1 resolved issue for me.

Edited by Call911

Thanks for posting this! I just had to do an OS reinstall (no hardware changes at all!) and have gone through 4 activations in the past 5 days before I stumbled across this thread... Giving this suggestion a try and will see if it works. Thanks again!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, have this problem too... solved it by reinstalling Win7 ( which I had to do anyways ) and kick 1 more license over board.

I am down to 2 or 3 licenses now on ALL those Modules that don't allow deactivation, not only the Mig21.

This needs to be fixed by all involved pretty soon or I can see the first one going to court, seriously.

Bit

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to re-upload the registry-repair-file? I have activation-issues after adding some more RAM and can't download it, because of the new page of ED...

+1

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I ran throgh the procedure and the Mig21 activated, however now when starting DCS again after a reboot I am getting a curobife.x64 application error once more.

Is there any way to not have to keep cleaning out DCS and the registry of the Mig21 and then activating each time?

• 1 month later...

Back Up - Code 1

Built a new Rig in June-2014.

Have made 3 significant Upgrades:

My Christmas 2014 Present to myself was an Intel Core i7 4790K.

Slapped that in without incident.

But a May-2015 Birthday Present to myself (GeFore GTX Titan X) and also added another 16GB RAM (32GB Total now), caused my MiG-21 BiS to throw a Fit !

Thankfully this Thread saved my Bacon. Used another Activation, but I'm OK with that.

My only suggestion would be a little more thorough step-by-step instructions (maybe manual editing) for those MiG-21 Pilots who aren't too familiar with messin with Regedit.

Cheers !

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Due to a necessary BIOS update down to 6. I had some issues to reactivate the MiG21. After applying the RegFix everything worked again... Now I'm down to 5... I really don't like this DRM. Especially I plan an small hardware and OS upgrade in the next month. I think, my MiG activations are then down to 2 or 3...

Has anyone had any luck recently getting help with activation issues from LNS? Starting over a week ago, I've now contacted LNS three different ways and gotten no response. It seems Cobra847's inbox is too full to accept new messages, so PM'ing him doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

Has anyone had any luck recently getting help with activation issues from LNS? Starting over a week ago, I've now contacted LNS three different ways and gotten no response. It seems Cobra847's inbox is too full to accept new messages, so PM'ing him doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

I might have missed your e-mail. Can you try forwarding it again?

EDIT: Found and responded.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/