Having Activation or Re-Activation Issues? Read This!

Cobra847

Atta boy Nick. Some day this nagging little issue will be behind us and you won't have to keep fixing it for us.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got activation-prompts for the MiG-21 module after I had uninstalled VMWare player. AFAIK the VMWare player installs several (virtual) network devices, so I'm guessing that's the hardware change that the module saw. I canceled the activation request as I was flying A-10C missions.

(I had planned to just update the VMWare player, but that failed and I kept it uninstalled for a few days).

After installing the latest 6.0.7 of VMWare player, MiG-21 no longer asks for activation.

Long story short, I didn't use up any activations, but it is a bit annoying that such (virtual) hardware changes prompt for one. :music_whistling:

Just moved to Win10 and immediately got the keyword validation issue. Followed the recommended procedure and used the new keyword that Nick provided some time back, and it seems to have worked. Time will tell. Other than that DCSW seems to work just fine.

Had to visit the Registry one more time but everything seems to now be working.

Edited by Chief1942
New info

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I too had two activations zapped for upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. Is this the early adopter two stroke penalty? If so, I want my mulligan to get my activations back for the MiG-21. :mad:

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I wrote emails (to LS support and to nicholas) with error reports (hardware changes, mig requests another activations.....), but with no reply (it is 3 weeks). I have only 3 activations left. Today I installed mig15bis, and guest what. Again, hardware changes, 21 requests another activation, bla, bla.... . What must I do to activate it for long time. Will I get other actitations from leatherneck? If I wanna fly mig21, I must activate it, but for how long. 3 days? week? And later another activation? 21 is beautifully created bird to DCS, but I have no many chances to fly it, because it requests another and another activations. Maybe on the next week I will have 0 activations. Will I fly 21 after that?

Lukas Kopcik

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Hi,

I wrote emails (to LS support and to nicholas) with error reports (hardware changes, mig requests another activations.....), but with no reply (it is 3 weeks). I have only 3 activations left. Today I installed mig15bis, and guest what. Again, hardware changes, 21 requests another activation, bla, bla.... . What must I do to activate it for long time. Will I get other actitations from leatherneck? If I wanna fly mig21, I must activate it, but for how long. 3 days? week? And later another activation? 21 is beautifully created bird to DCS, but I have no many chances to fly it, because it requests another and another activations. Maybe on the next week I will have 0 activations. Will I fly 21 after that?

Lukas Kopcik

I will re-check for an e-mail from you. It must have been missed or been archived as spam.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I had problems deactivating mig 21 bis, it gave me an error that deactivation was impossible ? I gave nick an PM but he must have his hands full with all the ppl having problems as he has yet to reply, so he must be very busy with everyones keys.

Ive only ever used my key once to activate on windows 7, hopefully windows 10 doesnt mess things up for me when it comes to activating.

I will try installing tomorrow and if I have any activation problems I will give nick another PM, also am not so fussed if I have lost 1 key activation by upgrading to windows 10 as I should still have 9? Left and thats more than enough.

Edited by bumfire
Said I emailed you when it was a forum private message instead

Hi nicholas,

I sent you another email with generated error report.

EDIT

after activation I get this error: Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, click "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

I used reg. file, that is on the first page, and I reactivated it, but result is on the attached picture.....

mig2.png.3cd9327354e9408078192e34fbd73d9b.png

Edited by lukynoo92

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Heeey,

It is here. I only restart computer and guess what. Another activation required due to changes in hardware....... bla bla bla.........

And what now. I must wait for 30 days? really????!!!!!!

Arrrrgh, help please.

mig21.png.4a2c3ec9e89312e100f28ed36c48abda.png

Heeey,

It is here. I only restart computer and guess what. Another activation required due to changes in hardware....... bla bla bla.........

And what now. I must wait for 30 days? really????!!!!!!

Arrrrgh, help please.

E-mail at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com for a new key.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Although mig21 wouldnt deactivate after upgrading to win 10, it activated no problem on windows 10, although I took one activation as a hit, to be expected of course since the previous activation wouldnt deactivate so I have 8 activations left instead of 9, overall I am very happy I didnt have any problems like other users have had.

LNS FTW!!!

LN,

I boot my computer this evening and the MiG-21 module asks me to activate again!

Guys, what is going on here? I update to Windows 10 and your DRM goes nuts?

This is unacceptable. No other DCS payware module is doing this!

I think you should seriously consider suspending DRM on Windows 10 machines until you can figure out what is going on. I'm afraid to run DCS in fear that this will jack up my legal and paid for MiG-21 module further.

I've masked my unique data below, but two burned activations on 15 May 2015 for what?

And two more activations in the last week burned and Star Force wants more?

I'd like this fixed and also a new MiG-21 key please. Pertinent information below.

I repeat, this is not acceptable. Please address ASAP! :mad:

Star Force activations of the serial number

License state Activation date (UTC) Hardware Code Region IP

Activated 31.12.2014 0:18:56 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Date of purchase and valid activation.

Activated 15.05.2015 1:47:13 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 15.05.2015 2:19:08 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 30.07.2015 0:42:07 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 02.08.2015 16:42:18 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LN is fully aware of this problem. Nick has made good on EVERY request for another key. With their work on the F-14 Tomcat and with DCSW 2.0 to be released in the near future (which should resolve this issue) I understand their hesitancy to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to squash this particular bug. I appreciate it is frustrating when it happens, happened to me so many times I ran out of Mig-21 activations, but in light of the products they have given us and the ones to come, I am more than patient with LN. Would suggest the same for others.

Hello Nicholas.

Today I've stumbled upon the same problem as bns130 desrcibed above. The DCS was bombarding me with MiG-21 activation screen every time I wanted to load any mission with any other aircraft (?). Dialing in the code and burning one of remaining activations was not solving the problem as the situation was happening again on next mission attempt. Hitting "cancel" twice allowed me to continue, although the MiG didn't work, obviously (the other planes did).

I've managed to deal with it (I hope) by using reg cleaner You posted on page one and reactivating the product once again. Both DCS and -21 module seem to be OK now.

The confusing thing is, I haven't changed anything in my computer lately apart from updating motherboard BIOS (all hardware settings remained the same though), neither did I update from Win7 x64 (Polish edition) to 10. Is it normal that Your DRM solution goes crazy in similar situations? I'm a bit worried about it, because I plan to do some overclocking tests in the near future and I don't know if BIOS changes will cause Your module to start "dropping out" again. This is the first time I had activation issue since the release of the MiG.

Happy end aside, just wanted to post it here, so You have more "peculiar cases" to investigate when tuning DRM for Your products.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

LN,

I boot my computer this evening and the MiG-21 module asks me to activate again!

Guys, what is going on here? I update to Windows 10 and your DRM goes nuts?

This is unacceptable. No other DCS payware module is doing this!

I think you should seriously consider suspending DRM on Windows 10 machines until you can figure out what is going on. I'm afraid to run DCS in fear that this will jack up my legal and paid for MiG-21 module further.

I've masked my unique data below, but two burned activations on 15 May 2015 for what?

And two more activations in the last week burned and Star Force wants more?

I'd like this fixed and also a new MiG-21 key please. Pertinent information below.

I repeat, this is not acceptable. Please address ASAP! :mad:

Star Force activations of the serial number

License state Activation date (UTC) Hardware Code Region IP

Activated 31.12.2014 0:18:56 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Date of purchase and valid activation.

Activated 15.05.2015 1:47:13 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 15.05.2015 2:19:08 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 30.07.2015 0:42:07 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Activated 02.08.2015 16:42:18 ABCDE Country XX.XX.XXX.XXX Invalid activation

Honestly, you shouldn't blame anyone else for this particular instance except Microsoft.

Migrating an entire Windows installation and preserving all Registry keys (and in particular one that is tied to your HWID) is difficult at best.

You can e-mail me directly at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com for a replacement key.

Also, we're humans at Leatherneck.

Maintaining a respectful tone is highly preferrable so we can better understand the issue at hand.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Hello Nicholas.

Today I've stumbled upon the same problem as bns130 desrcibed above. The DCS was bombarding me with MiG-21 activation screen every time I wanted to load any mission with any other aircraft (?). Dialing in the code and burning one of remaining activations was not solving the problem as the situation was happening again on next mission attempt. Hitting "cancel" twice allowed me to continue, although the MiG didn't work, obviously (the other planes did).

I've managed to deal with it (I hope) by using reg cleaner You posted on page one and reactivating the product once again. Both DCS and -21 module seem to be OK now.

The confusing thing is, I haven't changed anything in my computer lately apart from updating motherboard BIOS (all hardware settings remained the same though), neither did I update from Win7 x64 (Polish edition) to 10. Is it normal that Your DRM solution goes crazy in similar situations? I'm a bit worried about it, because I plan to do some overclocking tests in the near future and I don't know if BIOS changes will cause Your module to start "dropping out" again. This is the first time I had activation issue since the release of the MiG.

Happy end aside, just wanted to post it here, so You have more "peculiar cases" to investigate when tuning DRM for Your products.

This sometimes happens due to an unknown reason where the HWID changes (without any major modifications actually being made)

Sometimes it is also instigated by a permissions change of writing/reading from your registry. This particular case we cannot alleviate because moving the read registry location of the key would prompt every single user to have to re-activate. It will not be an issue in future modules, and hopefully a fix will be made available to us soon.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Honestly, you shouldn't blame anyone else for this particular instance except Microsoft.

Migrating an entire Windows installation and preserving all Registry keys (and in particular one that is tied to your HWID) is difficult at best.

You can e-mail me directly at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com for a replacement key.

Also, we're humans at Leatherneck.

Maintaining a respectful tone is highly preferrable so we can better understand the issue at hand.

Let's set the record straight Nicholas/Cobra847 without having to attend compulsory sensitivity training, shall we? :music_whistling: I do not see this as a direct LN caused issue, nor do I blame you personally. I certainly hope you're human and not Bjorn Borg ... a little tennis humor there ... so lighten up! :D

I am simply stating evidence-based facts in hopes of finding a solution for the growing multitude of LN customers currently on Windows 10 and those about to migrate to Windows 10.

It is not a Microsoft problem. It is a Star Force DRM problem. I appreciate your admission that HWID registry keys are being impacted. I also appreciate your offer of a new MiG-21 key. I may have to take you up on that offer at some point.

So, in your best customer service persona, with a goal towards becoming LN Employee of the Year, what is your best professional opinion on what I should do next?

I received another activation prompt tonight just entering the Mission Editor. I did not even consider selecting a MiG-21 to fly due to current status. I backed out of DCS immediately.

Should I run the sticky post regedit registry key batch file again?

Should I burn another activation and send you any error messages or error reports?

Heck, would you roll back to Windows 8.1?

Should I drink two Oppigards Amarillos and call you in the morning? :D

What can I do for you? (besides being a pain the ass :doh: )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's set the record straight Nicholas/Cobra847 without having to attend compulsory sensitivity training, shall we? :music_whistling: I do not see this as a direct LN caused issue, nor do I blame you personally. I certainly hope you're human and not Bjorn Borg ... a little tennis humor there ... so lighten up! :D

I am simply stating evidence-based facts in hopes of finding a solution for the growing multitude of LN customers currently on Windows 10 and those about to migrate to Windows 10.

It is not a Microsoft problem. It is a Star Force DRM problem. I appreciate your admission that HWID registry keys are being impacted. I also appreciate your offer of a new MiG-21 key. I may have to take you up on that offer at some point.

So, in your best customer service persona, with a goal towards becoming LN Employee of the Year, what is your best professional opinion on what I should do next?

I received another activation prompt tonight just entering the Mission Editor. I did not even consider selecting a MiG-21 to fly due to current status. I backed out of DCS immediately.

Should I run the sticky post regedit registry key batch file again?

Should I burn another activation and send you any error messages or error reports?

Heck, would you roll back to Windows 8.1?

Should I drink two Oppigards Amarillos and call you in the morning? :D

What can I do for you? (besides being a pain the ass :doh: )

1. Uninstall the MiG-21 module from your DCS installation by using the module manager.

2. Run the registry fix posted in the original post in this thread.

3. Manually open regedit (Start -> write regedit in the search box and hit enter).

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Leatherneck Simulations and delete any License key entries you may find (They are named LicenseN+1)

Re-install the MiG-21 module, re-activate when prompted.

If this does not work, you will need a new key.

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

The confusing thing is, I haven't changed anything in my computer lately apart from updating motherboard BIOS (all hardware settings remained the same though), [...]

Updating the BIOS cost me two activations in the past (the first activation didn't work, and after applying the registry fix, the second activation then made the module flyable again). I don't know if all BIOS updates require re-activation of the MiG-21 module, but in my case that had happened as well.

1. Uninstall the MiG-21 module from your DCS installation by using the module manager.

2. Run the registry fix posted in the original post in this thread.

3. Manually open regedit (Start -> write regedit in the search box and hit enter).

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Leatherneck Simulations and delete any License key entries you may find (They are named LicenseN+1)

Re-install the MiG-21 module, re-activate when prompted.

If this does not work, you will need a new key.

Thanks,

Nick

Thank you. This solved the problem for me after upgrading to Windows 10.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Hi,

Suddenly I've had a similar problem to the aforementioned. I didn't change anything: and I'm still using my Windows 7 and did not make hardware changes. When I tried to start a mission for Black Shark 2 it appeared a message indicating "there were hardware changes in my system or something like that". It happened twice. I pressed cancel button and exited the program. After that I run DCS again and started a MiG-21 simulation with no issues. I only have a License0 folder under:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys]

and a SilentActivationSerialNumber=XXXXXXXX under

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Leatherneck Simulations\DCS:MiG-21 BiS\Keys\Settings\Binding\Hardware\AutoActivation]

I think it didn't create a new hardware profile, right? Could you tell me how can I check my activations/deactivations left?

Thanks in advance.

ATTN NICHOLAS: i have followed the prompt's with directions both here and in the email you sent me, (cmkpspg@gmail-etc-etc) Having said that, i have sent you two replies now. One, with an error report as to why it is doing what is doing..(but i'm SURE you've seen that a thousand times and you know EXACTLY what is going on.) And a second just as a friendly remminder...

And i followed your directions found HERE (because your email just said to run the file you sent and not uninstall mig-21 or anything detailed. So i Followed your instructions given to other people that i found here, to the letter and it is STILL not letting me use my mig-21!

I have also sent you two replies via email regarding needing a new CD-key, and while i FULLY REALIZE you are one man doing an entire departments job, Leatherneck either needs more than one person workiing to sort this out, Or they just need to circumvent the whole "download this registry editer program" and just issue new keys to customers who can verify their issue with a "System hardware change-detected error report". The attempt to reinstall the module and run this program has been fairly unsuccessful except in only one person's case that i've read so far. I therefore need a new CD-key And would appreciate being contacted via email Regarding this.

Again, i know you are busy, but i bought this module well over 4 months ago, and frankly that is way too long to not be able to use it after purchasing. Now i realize i've only known about HOW to get this error fixed for almost a week now, however, i must point out that i have been waiting for 4 days for your reply after you specifically said

Quote: "See if that solves the issue. If not, please let me know and I will replace your key," -End quote. I'm SURE you're not avoiding me and are genuinely busy! So this post is ONLY a polite attempt at trying to draw your attention back to your email box because again: I AM SURE, that you have been swamped with these issues and handling them alone can't be fun at all!

Patiently awaiting a response,

-Chris K- (Cmkpspg@gmail-etcetc) <--I dont want to link my email address in this post so that E.D. moderators dont think i'm an advertiser or something.

Edited by 00Donkey

:thumbup: UPDATE: Nicholas Thank you SO MUCH! you saw my post above here in the forums, And got me a new CD-key (too bad you had to go so out of your way for me, but i appreciate it!)

And after uninstalling my mig-21 module again and running the mig-21 Stored CD-Key Wipe-program you sent me again, This time, i was able to enter in the new CD-key when prompted now that i had removed the old one!

For Future reference, you may find it easier solving this issue with anyone else having this same problem MUCH SOONER, if you send them the new cd-key FIRST As well as the Registry-program to go with it in one email, as it would save both you and the customer a huge amount of time, and frustration if they have a CD-key that their computer won't recognize as being "Tainted" over and over again, even after wiping it.

But again i genuinely appreciate you and leatherneck simulations going out of your way for myself and other customers! And again, it frustrates me that you're one person doing the job of what should be at least a three man team. But hey thats gaming industry for you!

Thanks again, and have a good one!

-Chris k

(now it's time to FINALLY go learn how to fly this thing for the first time since purchasing it MONTHS ago! Hitting the books and studying time!-->:book: -----> :smartass: