Having Activation or Re-Activation Issues? Read This!

Cobra847

Hi,

Suddenly I've had a similar problem to the aforementioned. I didn't change anything: and I'm still using my Windows 7 and did not make hardware changes.

I experience exactly the same problem. I have lost five MiG-21 activations due this bug. No hardware change, no OS change, just DCS update. After each DCS World update I experience problem with MiG-21 module activation. Why?! Slowly I run out of all permited activations!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I sent you an email on 29 July, as I'm having trouble with my MiG-21 key, too.

Maybe you have overlooked it, so I sent the email again today.

If you could take a look at it, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Hi,

I sent you an email on 29 July, as I'm having trouble with my MiG-21 key, too.

Maybe you have overlooked it, so I sent the email again today.

If you could take a look at it, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Must have been missed/not received.

Checking.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I lost my 4 activations continuously due to changing in my computer BIOS. Will this be compensated ?

I don't know if when running out of key there is any additional key anymore (I remember some DCS modules will be added 1 activation after 1 or 2 months).

Cobra,

My issue is when I activate Mig21, the activation screen freezes up. I'll enter my key, click ok and it says Mig21 is activated and I used a key, but then it freezes up. I can't "X" out of it or anything. I have to use control panel to close the program. I emailed you about this. You sent me a new key which did not fix the issue. I have tried every possible step on these forums to fix this and nothing works. I uninstalled every module and unistalled DCS world and tried activating mig21 first to see if that fixed it and it still is not working.

I'm at wits end. I think it's a software issue, I have not had this issue with any other module.

I guess no one has this issue anymore? I browsed through the other modules I have to see if they have a "pcnsl" file like Mig21 does, and the weird thing is...they don't. The other aircraft I have all have a "protect" file. (ie a10protect, p51protect...etc). No pcnsl file that I could find. If you don't know, the pcnsl file is located in eagle dynamics/dcsworld/mods/aircraft/mig21/bin.

If you look in the bin file of the other aircraft...no pcsnl file. The pcsnl file is also another alternate activation file if you don't want to use the game.

All of my problems seem to focus on that file! I'm no programmer by any means...but with everyone having "activation" issues...I think this is the culprit. I could be wrong...but it just seems to add up.

This December will be a year that I have owned mig21...and I STILL CAN'T FLY THE DANG THING!!!!

...sigh...

I guess no one has this issue anymore? I browsed through the other modules I have to see if they have a "pcnsl" file like Mig21 does, and the weird thing is...they don't. The other aircraft I have all have a "protect" file. (ie a10protect, p51protect...etc). No pcnsl file that I could find. If you don't know, the pcnsl file is located in eagle dynamics/dcsworld/mods/aircraft/mig21/bin.

If you look in the bin file of the other aircraft...no pcsnl file. The pcsnl file is also another alternate activation file if you don't want to use the game.

All of my problems seem to focus on that file! I'm no programmer by any means...but with everyone having "activation" issues...I think this is the culprit. I could be wrong...but it just seems to add up.

This December will be a year that I have owned mig21...and I STILL CAN'T FLY THE DANG THING!!!!

...sigh...

Don't worry, just ask for an all together brand new CD-key, they did that for me, and before installing the new CD-key i went and ran that program they sent me which is supposed to remove the old CD-key from the Windows memory. And it's supposed to let you reinstall an existing CD-key, but if you use that program and apply it prior to installing the BRAND NEW CD-key they give you it seemed to help make sure the newer CD-key had no more "issues" being read.

Again though, like you, i'm no programmer, and for all i know it could've just been something about the newer CD-Key that made sure the problem wouldn't happen again, BUT...It's been about a month or more now since i reinstalled my mig-21 module and registered it with the brand new CD-key they gave me. And i've had ZERO issues since then.

I'm telling yah bud,...ask for a new Key, the new ones they are giving out seem to nip this problem in the bud! And just have patience with the Developer it's basically ONE PERSON, doing the job of an ENTIRE customer support team! So imagine if you were him, trying to make a great sim AND have to be customer support to THOUSANDS of people at the same time! it's pretty commendable how well they are handling this! And also, if they don't respond to your email just remind them that you emailed them when you post here, and they cross-check that, and email you back right away! You just gotta cut them a little slack because again, it's basically one person handling a job of what SHOULD BE an entire department of people!

Best of luck to you and don't forget to both, post here, AND email them for the fastest response time!

Today my MiG-21 module stopped working too.

Wanted to launch a quick mission and ended up in an error message, telling me the serial is invalid.

It surely isn't. The module worked fine since September 17th, 2014, where I've bought it through DCS online store.

No hardware changed, and all drivers and DCS up to date.

I also tried to reinstall themodule, but got the same result.

Sent an email to support@... but wanted to file this issue here too, as it's the only module not working for no reason.

Not that I got ANY reply here on the forum nor as reply to my email.

Not a service I could recommend.

Are you sure you've e-mailed us to the correct adress?

Forward it again and cc to nicholas.dackard@gmail.com as well, please.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I also ran into this problem today, after I had added 8 Gigs of RAM to my system.

The registry fix in Step 1) in the first post did solve the problem. I had to remove the ".txt" expansion from the filename after downloading though.

:)

Edited by El_Marta

I also ran into this problem today, after I had added 8 Gigs of RAM to my system.

The registry fix in Step 1) in the first post did solve the problem. I had to remove the ".txt" expansion from the filename after downloading though.

:)

This tips works unfact it use a new activation. Each time i have ti do it i use one more

and now I have only two activation available ! :-(

I hope Leatherneck will give us some more activation credit, regarding to this bug ?

:music_whistling:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Today my MiG-21 module stopped working too.

Wanted to launch a quick mission and ended up in an error message, telling me the serial is invalid.

It surely isn't. The module worked fine since September 17th, 2014, where I've bought it through DCS online store.

No hardware changed, and all drivers and DCS up to date.

I also tried to reinstall themodule, but got the same result.

Sent an email to support@... but wanted to file this issue here too, as it's the only module not working for no reason.

this game is full of bugs, I can not imagine when dcs 2 is out

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

The txt file saved on .reg didn't work at all.. :(

Error report has been generated successfully. Press "View Report" to view data to be transferred. Save the report file to your hard disk to send it to the product technical support.

E-mail: support@leatherneck-sim.com

Web page: http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Important error details (already included in the report):

5.91.2.2; 309A

Fly it like you stole it..

EDIT: RESOLVED

I am doing a clean DCS 1.5 install. Attempting to install Mig-21bis from the module manager, after the file download completes an activation message (admin rights) appears and I click yes. This results in the error below:

cSbUb7v.jpg

I then click exit, and the same set of Activation > Error windows appear again. I have also tried this with the registry fix, the 1.5 hotfix, and uninstalling/reinstalling the module, all with no success.

This continues to occur every time I start DCS, unless I delete the module.

EDIT: A SYSTEM REBOOT SOLVED THIS ACTIVATION ISSUE

Edited by B25Mitch