Having Activation or Re-Activation Issues? Read This!

Cobra847

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Activation consistently fails after update of Windows and Beta3

I have recently updated to Windows 10 and also today to the new beta release 3.

When starting DCS, it detects a 'significant' hardware change and wants to activate Mig21.

It can't activate Mig21-Bis, it just keeps going in loops without the activation ever working... all the other modules just work. What gives?

There is a sticky thread in this very forum about that. It's a known problem with the protection system.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

• 2 weeks later...

After today's update, the Mig-21bis activation BUG roarded it's ugly head again.

The Activation Key is not valid any more due to significant changes of the computer hardware configuration. Click "Retry" to reactivate the application.

If the error recurs, click "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

Had to re-activate on the previous update.

It's not how to by-pass the problem, it's about time it gets FIXED!

For the time being my Mig stays on the ground.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thank LN you have all my respect. Thanks for the new key.

After today's update. I lost 3 keys trying to activate again. It only works after you delete the registry key. After the MiG activated normally. I sent email to retrieve the key.

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Since the 1.5.1 update, the MiG-21bis module asks for activation twice whenever I start DCS OpenBeta.

Since I don't currently plan on flying the MiG-21, I cancel these dialogs, but it would be nice if they disappeared altogether, since no major hardware changes took place recently (as in: no hardware changes at all :music_whistling:).

I will try to help a little with the Activation Issue for the Mig-21.

It seems that if you REACTIVATE the module on the Open Beta, and after you try to play on 1.2.16, the copy protection ask you again to REACTIVATE in 1.2.16

After that if you play AGAIN on OPEN BETA, it ask you to REACTIVATE again.

So it´s a rebound problem not only in Open Beta but also in 1.2.16

So be careful if you reactivate the Mig-21 in Open Beta and then you launch in 1.2,16 because they are going to ask you again for the same. And viceversa.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I just updated to the new OB 1.5.1 and straight away got the message that my MiG-21bis was deactivated "due to hardware changes".

I exited (twice, as it comes up twice) to come here and seek a solution.

I wasn't even running the sim itself, just the updater :huh:

Although I had the MiG-21bis installed and activated in the previous 1.5.0 beta, I haven't flown it in months! (Too busy with other stuff atm)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Yes - that's great when you know there's a problem beforehand ;)

I didn't - but I'm not really bothered, it's just something that maybe should be looked at. If the upgrade to 1.5 release version is going to cost people activations, they need to know about it in advance - such as in the patch release notes.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Que poca seriedad esta empresa, ya perdi 2 serials con uds. uno cuando cambie de computadora y otro ahora con la 1.5.1.

* Cuando cambie de CPU pude desactivar todos los productos menos la porqueria esta del MIG-21

* Y ahora se actualiza la beta a la 1.5.1 y pierdo otra mas, y no solo eso sino que me desactiva de forma definitiva la key para la 1.2.16

Realmente tienen un soporte malo, ahora pregunto ya resignado de perder serials a lo loco con uds. puedo volver a activarlo sin que me vuelva a pedir nuevamente serial, o lo borro y lo dejo archivado hasta que vuelva Jesus a la tierra a buscarnos a todos los cristianos.

Ojala se los coma un Leon :/

Same here with 1.5.1 ...

The activation issues for the Mig-21 module have become very annoying for me now. @LN: Do you have any plans to remedy the situation once and for all? For me this influences my buying descision for the F-14.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.