Huey Compass Problem

Ralphk

Hey Folks,

I dunno what changed with the updates for the onboard compass but seriously it became useless as i am not able to figure out how to use it anymore... can anyone help how to make sense out of it, why doesnt the direction center in the middle?:cry:

regards,

Ralph

Hey Folks,

I dunno what changed with the updates for the onboard compass but seriously it became useless as i am not able to figure out how to use it anymore... can anyone help how to make sense out of it, why doesnt the direction center in the middle?:cry:

regards,

Ralph

What exactly are you trying to do and what is actually happening?

The operation of the radio compass hasn't changed. Your heading will always be whatever lines up with the small triangle at the top of the compass. The 2 needles are for VOR and ADF navigation. The only thing that's changed is their default position. Of course, you have to keep the compass calibrated. Check out the Radio Compass Indicator section in the manual (around p.50).

The annunciator is the indicator in the top right of the compass. If the solid circle isn't centred it means your compass isn't properly calibrated. You use the synchronizing knob in the bottom right corner of the compass to calibrate the compass. You would adjust the knob until the annunciator is centred (shows the solid white circle).

Haven't loaded DCS in a long time, but in the real H the symbol in the annunciator window is telling you which way to turn the adjustment knob, either toward the cross or circle.

When properly synchronised the window should display the blank area between the cross and the circle.

The HSIs should indicate within 2 degrees of each other and within 10 degrees of the standby compass.

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear
Autocorrect malfunction
  • Like 1

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Haven't loaded DCS in a long time, but in the real H the symbol in the annunciator window is telling you which way to turn the adjustment knob, either toward the cross or circle.

When properly synchronised the window should display the blank area between the cross and the circle.

The HSBC should indicate within 2 degrees of each other and within 10 degrees of the standby compass.

- Bear

Correct if either one of the symbols are showing then it is desynchronised.

Ya, I'll recant what I said. In the sim, it looks like the radio compass is synchronized with your magnetic heading when both the circle and cross are shown. Not when only the circle is shown. It get confusing because all the headings and bearings in DCS are true, not magnetic.

• 1 year later...