Can't reslove hostname or connect to master.

indiadamjones

Not sure what is going wrong, seems like it must be on my end, but I can't for the life of me determine the cause or solution.

Here is my Autoupdate_log:

--- Log file: E:\DCS World\autoupdate_log.txt
=== Log opened UTC 2014-12-23 23:34:20
INFO : DCS_Updater/2.4.1.59 (Windows NT 6.1.7601; Win64; en-US)
INFO : cmdline: "E:\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply repair
INFO : basedir: E:\DCS World
INFO : DCS/1.2.10.30996.495 (x86_64; EN;  WORLD,A-10C,KA-50,FC3)
INFO : branch: 
ERROR: Conection to server 'updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Couldn't resolve host name
ERROR: updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com replied HTTP -1 
ERROR: Couldn't resolve host name
=== Log closed.

nslookup, is giving me no response from server. This has got to be a firewall or antivirus thing perhaps malwarebytes, I've uninstalled almost everything, and in the process of reinstalling DCS, and that didn't seem to help.

Edited by indiadamjones

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good idea, but no dice. Seriously this is bizarre I can ping that IP, but I get no server response when using nslookup from the cmd prompt. Must be bad network settings on my part, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a lingering setting from anti-virus, or antimalware, but I'm really pulling my hair out over here. Maybe I'll just play the old version tonight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I feel you buddy I haven't been able to log on to multiplayer for over a month now with: Cannot Connect To Master. I've tried everything from my firewall and anti virus to renewing my password but still nothing. It's very frustrating when I can't get online with my brother and fly missions together. I was hoping with new updates that it would resolve itself, but unfortunately that hasn't happened yet either.

Funny thing is it was working no problem for months but just stopped working one day and hasn't worked since. :cry_2: If anyone knows of this or has had to deal with this problem before can you please shed some insight into the matter. Please and thank you.

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Drop your linen, and start your grinen

You heard him boys, elbow and assholes. We got a job to do, and we're gonna do it. From the command line, just like I told you and use at your own risk. This got me back on track

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If that alone doesn't get it I had also previously run the following:

netsh firewall reset

Let me know how it goes. Since I tried a reinstallation of DCS first, I still have to download 4Gigs for the update, but HEY! It could be a lot worse, and now maybe I can help the others avoid all that wasted time. Try rebuilding the TCP/IP stack.

Edited by indiadamjones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

For those of you struggling with the could not connect to master issue, I've been battling with this one for the last 10 days. From Format, to port forward, to calls to my ISP, to removing firewalls and antiviruses.

I might have a solution.

Someone on one of the forums posted something about the time on your pc being wrong. I tried syncing my time in windows with online time but it didn't work, untill........

On the DCS website:

Click Personal Section;

Under the "Auto Time Zone"drop down box, select the "Yes, use browser settings"

This fixed my headache. I hope it works for you all. Report back if it does.

Kindest Regards

Phr33Dumb

I'm having what I think is a similar problem to the one mentioned in the OP.

When I try to log-in using the module manager in-game it thinks I'm using an incorrect username or password. When I try the recover option it successfully logs in to the DCS web site but in-game the problem persists.

DCS support suggested that I should delete the following files:

C:\Users\<user name>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\network.cfg

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\cookie.txt

Neither this nor the possible fixes mentioned above have worked.

Any ideas?

I'm using:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium (fully updated).

Latest version of DCS world.

All drivers up to date.

Core i7 960

Asus Rampage 3 mobo

16gb RAM

Asus GTX 760 video card.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

The latest information that I had from Konstantin at ED tech support was the info below. Thought I'd post it in case it helps any others having a similar problem:

some program or router blocked access to master.eagle.ru with port 5222

All problems with connection due to firewall or antivirus or other security software.

for logging to Module Manager should be opened an access to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com with port 443

for logging to Multiplayer game (master.digitalcombatsimulator.com) should be opened port 5222

both connection uses SSL/TLS.

Try to place all .exe files for DCS World which should not be scanned "Adjustments">"Antivirus- Adjustments" to "Exceptions" and reboot your computer.

I was eventually able to solve the problem but only by temporarily disabling my BitDefender firewall - obviously very undesirable! However, this does prove that the issue is for me at least something to do with antivirus firewall settings.

Hope this helps someone else having similar issues...

Lastly, a big thanks to Konstantin and the ED tech support team - they couldn't be more helpful so thanks very much to them.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I had Can't connect to Master on and off for a long, long time. I played with my AV and Firewall a lot too.

But just a few days ago I saw a post that said to change your 'Auto Time Zone' on the website to Browser and that seems to have fixed it. It makes no sense to me, but it's been working ever since.

Go to: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com and login.

Click on Personal Section/My Profile

Change 'Auto Time Zone:' to 'yes, use browser settings'.

This worked for me. So, I deleted all of my Bitdefender AV & Firewall file exclusions. And this still is working for me just fine.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

The auto time zone fix didn't work for me. The way I got it working eventually was to add ALL the .exe files that are in C:\---\DCSWorld\Bin\ to the AV exclusion list - all 6 or 7 of them. Working fine now.

• 5 months later...

[sOLVED] Can't reslove hostname or connect to master.

I have the same problem, which seems to occur intermittently and is usually solved by shutting down and coming back the next day. That is not a very satisfactory fix and hasn't worked for this last week.. The log file shows the following errors:

00015.995 ERROR NET: Can't connect to Master: SSL connect error

00015.995 ERROR NET: Master login : 503

Since the "time zone" fix was posted, DCS has updated their web site and apparently eliminated the time zone drop down in the personal section. So that is no longer a possible solution.

What I did discover in trying all the solutions in this thread and others, is the problem is most likely your firewall blocking communications with the MASTER.

Try the following command to test access to port 5222 from outside your network. http://portquiz.net:5222/. If it fails, you will be unable to communicate with the Master.

I am running Norton's Internet Security Suite and even though there were several firewall rules for DCS present, my system was failing the port test. I fixed the problem by simply resetting the firewall: under Norton's SECURITY SETTINGS ---> MANAGE FIREWALL-----> FIREWALL RESET... [+] RESET and it fixed my problem. (I thought I had tried previously testing by turning off the Norton's firewall, and it still wouldn't work, but perhaps I didn't really have the blasted firewall turned off. :mad:)

Anyway, I hope this works for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I'm not sure what a firewall 'reset' is.

I have continued to have this problem for a long time. I am running Bitdefender. At one point I kept my own log of different firewall/antivirus settings to fix it, and their results. It was all very flakey. And still is.

I finally now just turn my firewall off if I get stuck at 12% when the game initially loads, and then it keeps loading. Then I turn the firewall back on, and never have a problem again, until I reboot. This gets the game loading and connecting to Master in multiplayer every time. Often now I don't even need to do this.

I did just boot up, and did your port quiz test, and that port was open.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download