Every players aircraft is displaying as Su-27

Urban072

Hey there, a few friends and I are having trouble playing MP at the moment as every player is showing as an Su-27 but when pressing ' they show as the aircraft they selected whether it be F-15, BF-109, whatever. On the map they show as the Drawing Pin with no details as to heading, altitude and speed. When cycling through the F2 view when testing, they did not show up here.

Just wondering of anyone else is having this as of 1.2.14?

All of this is on an install without mods (after disabling them in JSGME).

Any help would be fantastic!

Edited by Urban072

Confirmed for me at 104phoenix server. I saw su-27 with A-10C weapons. Yes, it was an A-10C.... Also some players said that RWR on F-15 doesn't work.

Edited by Virun

Активно летаю на: F/A-18 | F-16 | Су-27 | МиГ-21бис

Accepted. 3 people out of 15 had the same problem. The problem is that they did not go to install the patch. Patch them even offer was made. However, there may server to connect with the new version. All these players see as Su27. And they could see again all other aircraft and helicopters as Su27.

We noticed that all the mentioned have BS1 and BS2UP. So the problem could be in this.

PS: It would OpenBeta use. Why is a patch on openbeta is only a few days now and then is a stable version?

[sIGPIC]http://dcs-uvp.cz/images/simworld-plakat600.jpg[/sIGPIC]

“DCS is not only game, it’s a diagnosis”

We finished a retail version game now.

people with older versions were allowed to connect and were seen as SU27 , once they updated the issue was fixed.

also auto update didn't work for most of us and we had o manually perform update

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

same for WWII planes, screenshot is from online game and Su-27 behind my Pony was in fact Pony too.

This problem i saw first time on 24.dec, before last patch was released for public version. Unfortunetely I have no idea if player`s game (whose plane i saw as Su-27) was "open beta" with last patch.

EDIT: i have the last patch update 1, of course...

looks like Su-27 but it is player`s P-51D

Screen_141225_223642.thumb.jpg.585580933f2d40c90965a92c126befeb.jpg

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Ensure you update your client to 1.2.14 update 1 (version 35605).

And the problems will be gone!!!

You can check this when you open DCS world, and in the menu on the right bottom, the version is displayed.

I've noticed however, that the update does not run sometimes automatically. Therefore, follow the procedure:

1. Open a windows explorer window.

2. Browse to your DCS world bin location (mine is in C:\program files\eagle dynamics\bin).

3. Don't open the bin directory, but go one level up, so that you see the bin directory in explorer...

4. Press SHIFT+CTRL and then mouse RIGHT. The context menu should now show "open command window here"...

5. Select "open command window here" from the menu.

6. now you have a command prompt.

7. type in the prompt= DCS_UPDATER update.

8. It should now update your client.

kind regards,

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Yes, it is, with a mismatch between server and client version numbers.

I was on and off our server all day, and it was simple to pick out those who had updated,and those that hadn't.

I guess the real issue here is that people with different versions weren't just immediately crashing as usually happens when there is a mismatch.

Rocket science it isn't!