Sky flashes red for a second then the world goes dark, fades back

Hello everyone :)

I recently took advantage of the Christmas sales and purchased a bunch of things, including finally downloading and installing DCS World, after previously owning BS1 and BS2 and flying for a long time on those.

I went on hiatus for a couple of years after my X52 broke, and the X65 which I bought as a replacement just didn't feel right with the gunship.

Anyway! Really enjoying getting back in the Ka-50, though I have this odd visual bug I keep encountering, where the sky will flash red for a moment, and the world will get quite dark, but slowly fade back to normal. I had initially assumed it was some kind of odd G-effect or perhaps my pilot had caught some shrapnel, or had an acid flashback, but it seems like it's more of a bug. I could only find one other thread that had mention of this (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122458&highlight=sky+flashes+red&page=14).

Has anyone else encountered this? It's quite odd, and I believe seems to occur when descending past a certain point and moving closer to the ground.

Thanks for reading!

My graphics card is a Radeon HD5870, my CPU is a Q6600 @3.50ghz, I have 8GB RAM and I'm on Windows 7 64bit

Edited by DragonSeeds
  • Like 1

And I thought it was just me... :music_whistling:

Definitely had this happen a couple of times, but not often enough to make mad. So far I don't have a clue as to why or when it happens. Maybe next time I'll save the track and see if the replay still shows the effect, in which case it would at least be reproducible.

In my case:

- nVidia GTX 660 with driver version 331.82 (never change a running system, you know :D)

- Win7 64 Ultimate

- i7 2600K @ 3.4

- 8 GB RAM

- 750W PSU

- Windows and DCS on 240 GB Corsair SSD

Sometimes happens to me in the F-15 as well, right before crossing the threshold for landing, keeping a steady AoA. Always wondered what the hell that was...

Same here at the exact same time and repeatable every time. But, mine goes darker as if there was an eclipse of the sun or the sun suddenly going behind a cloud (the sky is clear). It then lightens up just before touchdown.

Hi,

i often encountered this when crossing the marker points during landings. Could it be that there is a bright red light flash when flying over them which may interfere with hdr setting? After the flash everything goes dark and slowly fades back to normal. Might test that more...

Do u have hdr enabled?

• 3 months later...

I noticed this also over airport areas using Mustangs mod with Normal HDR settings.

Anyone work out what is causing it ?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I noticed this also over airport areas using Mustangs mod with Normal HDR settings.

Anyone work out what is causing it ?

I saved a short track a while ago but forgot to check if I can reproduce the effect in a replay. I'll check that when I get back from work.

I saved a short track a while ago but forgot to check if I can reproduce the effect in a replay. I'll check that when I get back from work.

I can't reproduce the effect in the replay, which is too bad, because it was a short track and I hadn't even used TrackIR in it.

I tried the replay with and without TrackIR running and also with all mods deactivated, but this graphics glitch didn't occur.

Unless it was fixed with 1.2.16, I guess replays don't capture it. :(

Even so, if anyone catches it in a mission it's surely worth checking the track.

I have been experiencing the same problem for quite a while, but i always assumed it was my tackir spazzing out for a fraction of a second and the game thinking i'm looking right at the sun. (i've got a multitude of USB related problems with my pc).

I've had this happening for a long time too, and it's happened to me on a several different graphics cards

same to me with ati cards

however i think this red flash comes because of overclocking the gfx card (memory clock usually)

more overclock = more frequent flashes

sign-pic4.jpg

same to me with ati cards

however i think this red flash comes because of overclocking the gfx card (memory clock usually)

more overclock = more frequent flashes

Maybe; I've experienced this phenomenon with a GTX 660 and now a GTX 970, neither of them OC'd, but it happens very rarely, maybe once every couple hours of flying DCS. So far I wasn't able to deduct any pattern behind it.