What's the name of this maneuver?

burzum793

The way it is displayed doesn't work and the way it works is that it will get you killed 9 out of 10 times if you aren't flying against a complete rookie.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

The only situation where cutting your power (and extending flaps) for a short time sometimes works is when flying scissors, and if you do it at the right moment when the enemy can't see you very well.

Even then it is risky, and if you are a bit too far ahead the enemy will shoot you down.

What is the name of it and how do I perform it?

I think that is called the Spielberg special and it is performed in CGI studio.

• Like 2

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

I think that is called the Spielberg special and it is performed in CGI studio.

More of a "Lucas" special.. Damn spiel (ehem.. Schpiel)

If you want to really master defensive maneuvers, buy the Fighter combat tactics and maneuvering book by Shaw. I am just getting started in it. Perhaps you want a colleague to help? I can offer my help if you want to study by heart that book. We can study and do mock tests and hands on skill learning. There is nothing better than DCS to really augment that book.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

This cannot be done. The maneuver that Candeleria did was snap roll. They goofy animated thing out of it.

What Candaleria did is possible. Not the animation in the show

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

More of a "Lucas" special.. Damn spiel (ehem.. Schpiel)

Ahhh...

edit'd and corrected sir!

I think that is called the Lucas special and it is performed in CGI studio.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Dogfights is fun to watch but you won't learn anything other than a little history from it.

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

I'm afraid I must echo these gentlemen! The maneuver described by the pilot is one thing, and the trick you saw in the show is another. History Channel screwed it up. What they showed is aerodynamically impossible for a Second World War fighter; their designs do not allow it to occur under any conditions. The CoG, CoT, and CoL simply aren't in a relative position for it.

As others have indicated, even with the limitations of flight simulations such as DCS, hop into your trusty Mustang, without someone trying to shoot you down, and attempt the maneuver shown in that clip. Practice, practice, practice as you will, you will simply NOT be able to duplicate what was shown. Physics are what they are.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

odd that the same maneuver is displayed with the Red Tails...:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

funny thing is, after this crap his leader told him "when you're gonna learn this is not a game".... I guess this is directed to us sim mongers...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.