Fliegerasse: The Flying Aces - A Bf.109 Trailer

Charly_Owl

Nice vid Chuck, and all who participated!

:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I liked the beginning; It really set a somber, gritty mood. Appropriate for WWII, especially near the end for the Germans.

But then, for the next several minutes, dramatic music plays while the 109s just...fly around. They even look like they're playing at times. All the while, with the dramatic music playing, I'm anticipating something happening; An enemy attacking.

And then, unsurprisingly for this DCS player, they meet a formation of the only WWII-era allied aircraft currently available: Mustangs. Fair, fair. Though, I personally would have liked it if the Mustangs had suddenly come from above out of nowhere in a sneak attack, as it would have been more dramatic and unexpected. I also think such an attack would have worked well with the anticipation one experienced in the earlier scenes I mentioned, instead of them consisting solely of the 109s just flying around...

Once the two sides did meet, though, the dogfight action was cool to watch. I wonder how accurate it is to have the 109s winning, though, as there weren't much of any skilled German fighter pilots left towards the end of the war...

Funnily enough, the credits scene was the part that I enjoyed the most. A lone 109 pilot, freed from the burdens of war, flying off peacefully into a faraway land to start a new life. The war is now behind him.

Constructive criticism aside, though, I can tell that you guys put a good amount of effort into this work. Kudos to you all for that. :) Flaws aside, it did keep my interest.

Edited by JozMk.II

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I know it's definitely not perfect and I can still improve on many things.

Most of what I do is done by trial and error: taking risks can either pay off or end up being a total flop. That's the nature of risk, yet it makes for more entertaining videos if done right. It's a continuous learning experience for me and I'm starting to figure out what works and what doesn't on screen. I also think that the vision I had in mind for the movie was too "grand" for the means I had (which is the good will of friends who took of their personal time to help me, for which I am very grateful). So yes, I will be the first to admit that some aspects of the video fell short of the objectives I had set initially.

Still, like I said, I hope to learn from my mistakes and do better next time ;)

Edited by Charly_Owl

• 2 months later...

+1

Making mistakes is all part of the learning curve as we take on progressively greater challenges in what we do. As I said, though, I can see the effort that was put into this machinima, and it kept my interest. It'll get even better from there.