Mouse cursor cockpit mode (Mod)

xracer

Just started flying DCS again after ages away. Installed Mig-21 module, but most flightsim equipment incl. TrackIr is still packed away so i start out with a simple Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick (very good btw for the prize), keyboard and mouse. I wanted a quick and dirty mod of the "Mouse cursor cockpit mode" mapping since my wheelbutton is hard to activate and doubleclick speed too fast. So i came up with this combo of:

LShift + LAlt + C or SINGLE click toggle on mouse wheel button (MOUSE_BTN3)

NOTE:

This is only for the Mig-21 module and this also maps out the "Camera transpose mode (press and hold)" function in case you already use it...

To do this:

Make a backup or rename default.lua in the following directory:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Input\MiG-21\mouse

and try the attached default.lua instead if you need this option.

-

default.zip

Edited by xracer
  • Like 1

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very nice indeed rep inbound!

Just a reminder placing the edited file into

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis\mouse

Would be better since DCS will overwrite the folder you mentioned during updates and would remove the mod.

For those not wanting to download a file:

-- ------------------ Original mapping (Commmented out) ------------------------

--{combos = {{key = 'MOUSE_BTN3'}}, down = iCommandViewTransposeModeOn, up = iCommandViewTransposeModeOff, name = 'Camera transpose mode (press and hold)',category='Views'},

-- ------------------ New mapping (Replaces Camera transpose mode (press and hold) and appear under General section even if category= Views below.

-- ------------------ Don't change

{combos = {{key = 'MOUSE_BTN3'}}, down = iCommandCockpitClickModeOnOff, name = 'Mouse cursor cockpit mode',category='Views'},

-- -------------------End of changes ---------------------------------------------

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

thank you very nice indeed rep inbound!

Just a reminder placing the edited file into

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis\mouse

Would be better since DCS will overwrite the folder you mentioned during updates and would remove the mod.

For those not wanting to download a file:

-- ------------------ Original mapping (Commmented out) ------------------------

--{combos = {{key = 'MOUSE_BTN3'}}, down = iCommandViewTransposeModeOn, up = iCommandViewTransposeModeOff, name = 'Camera transpose mode (press and hold)',category='Views'},

-- ------------------ New mapping (Replaces Camera transpose mode (press and hold) and appear under General section even if category= Views below.

-- ------------------ Don't change

{combos = {{key = 'MOUSE_BTN3'}}, down = iCommandCockpitClickModeOnOff, name = 'Mouse cursor cockpit mode',category='Views'},

-- -------------------End of changes ---------------------------------------------

Nice that it was useful for you. I definately hate to double click the mousewheel the way it is while flying in the cases i dont use TrackIr. Anyway regarding the move to \...Saved games...mouse\, in most cases that can be done yes, but in this case i couldnt make it work right off the bat. Maybe some pathproblems i dont know and i havent really used time to figured it out either. Its just a quick and dirty change i did while a little annoyed :-) Its probably a much better way to do it and also to make it work on most planes at the same time. But thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...

MiG-21 camera view

I know I'm replying to an old post but I really need some help here, I for some reason cannot look around the cockpit. I use the same keybindings as everyone else and theirs work fine. I have not been able to find any information on this problem yet and have received no response from leatherneck themselves.

I actually have the Extreme 3D pro as my joystick. It's a little old, but it does the job.

Here's how I set it up.

35664705_X3DProcontrols.JPG.b455effa2bb4c3ea83be67c5cc07c915.JPG

Pardon the written descriptions, it's tricky to write like that.

CORRECTION: for me, the zoom in and zoom out controls are reversed in my actual binds, but you get the picture.