Bad landing causes wheels to pop

Entih

Hello there! Reporting possible bug here. The rear wheels on the Su-27 seem to enjoy popping with some ridiculous regularity. In my experience, any time whatsoever that a constant wheel brake pressure is applied for over a few seconds, the wheels will pop, even when in perfectly straight movement. This is most prominent in landing, when I can't actually use wheel brake to stop, but have to use the drag chute alone.

You can see this poppage in action here, as well as in the attached track (same track as video). Happens in the current 1.2.14 open beta, no clue if this is in other versions.

wheelsontheplane.trk

Edited by Entih
Fixing typo "break" to "brake". I'd expect wheels to pop when using a "break".

Looks like a heavy plane, and a poor glidepath. Landing is fast without aerobraking.

Try a more reasonable landing first instead of minimum-ground-run-heavy-aircraft-emergency-stop ... if that pops your wheels, then complain. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is recommended to use your air break during landing because the nozzles are not completely shut and will still produce thrust. I avoid using the wheel breaks before the speed is less than 150 km/h. Between 150-90 I just hold it for 2 seconds at a time, below 90 km/h you can hold it for 6 seconds.

You are both excellent people. The issue was definitely pilot error, in that I was the pilot. The heavy load and heavy braking were too much for the poor wheels. A lighter load had no such popping in a few test landings.

Didn't see any recommendations in the manual about weight for landing, so I figured I would practice with a load that I might have after a dull mission. Means I will have to be more cautious landing a heavy 27 when I hit the campaign!

What about the strange phenomena when you use small amounts of rudder while braking and <100 km/h with <3000 kg of fuel on an empty plane?

The tires don't blow while braking and using the rudder at ~250 km/h, yet somehow one of them blows when the speed falls below 100 km/h.

Very strange, but expected in a beta FM.

(Oh, I'm back after some years)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: