1500ft TV Tower

Mustang

I'm one of those people that you could not get up there with bribes or threats of any kind. Put me in the terrified column. :cry:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Viewing something like that on a big screen is enough to give me the 'willies'!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Screw that.

A ladder is a mission for me....

But jumping out of a plane...with a parachute. sign me up.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

But jumping out of a plane...with a parachute. sign me up.

Now that I want to do, but I need them to agree to push me out of the aircraft, if necessary!! :D

Most daring thing I have done, along those lines, is rappelling off of a blind overhang, in an underground cave, with very little light. That took some convincing but I had a blast once I took the first 'step'.

All you need is that first step. The reppeliong I done was into a very cold lake from a great height.... Luckaly the army paid for all the cool stuff I done.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Most daring thing I have done, along those lines, is rappelling off of a blind overhang, in an underground cave, with very little light. That took some convincing but I had a blast once I took the first 'step'.

Great fun caving, especially for those of us with no head for heights ;)

Once got trapped in the entrance of Knockan Pot, one of the few potholes rather than caves in Scotland. As I stood on the electron ladder a boulder moved and pinned me against the side of the pot, there was one guy below me and another on the surface, I could not move or the boulder would fall and crush Ivan below me. Ian who was on the surface went and got some more ropes from the caving hut and tied off the boulder.

Once it was a bit more stable we passed another electron ladder down to Ivan so he could descend the rest of the way to the bottom and then get round the corner and out the road of the falling debris. The cave was L shaped and Ivan went to the end of the L and after getting me out from the boulder we dropped it to the bottom, scary to say the least and it was my first pot too. We got Ivan out and went and visited a few more caves that day.

After that I joined the Scottish Cave Rescue Organisation, in the years I was active with them we never had a call out but we did do a lot of practice rescues.

http://www.pj011a0001.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gsgwebsite/gsgcavesofscot.html

http://www.gsg.org.uk/

Bit of history about the caves in this area

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8029340.stm

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

ide carry a parachute on that trip up there, cause if its raining id be like: "nope time to go back down" and jump off having a blast skydiving.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Great fun caving, especially for those of us with no head for heights ;)

I only did it a few times, many years ago, but it was excellent every time. It always amazed me what a small hole in the ground can lead to. :thumbup:

It occurs to me that it is good thing that plenty of people can/will do this. Since the advent of the cell phone, I would imagine that the demand for people doing this as part of their job has increased dramatically. Of course, cell towers are generally not as tall as the type of tower in the videos, but still plenty high enough to keep me away.

Edited by cichlidfan

Re the video in #18:

That guy has a weird climbing style. It seems like he often has his arms extended and swings his body around his hands... resulting in funny center of gravity movements and balancing. The second video was much more relaxing to watch.

Edit: I figured that that's probably due to the position of the helmet camera. It sits considerably above his eyes, changing the perspective enough to make me uneasy.

Edited by Supersheep