Humancockpit = yes request

I have a couple of ideas for the implementation of humancockpit = yes in LOBS. First of all, I realize that realism is way off since you will be using the wrong cockpit and avionics. I read not too long ago on these boards that SFM will be used for nonflyables in 1.2. Ok, so the overpowered fm for humancockpit = yes is gone . . . I think that the ability to use some of the nonflyables as flyable in mp missions could open up a lot of possibilities for balancing--take for instance the blue side lacking SEAD.

Here's my ideas (these would only be active for nonflyables, not the current flyables):

--Add the phantasmagoria's HUD symbology to all the current plane's HUDs, so when using an aircraft that has SEAD capability you will have a way to target the missiles.

Example (using an f-15 pit for a flyable F-16 or 18): switch to a2g mode, then hit "I" and you will get the phantasmagoria's symbology in the f-15 HUD.

--Add the maverick tv and ir image to an mfd when a nonflyable is carrying a2g missiles.

Example (same pit/plane combo as above): radar mfd becomes mav seeker image if a mav is selected. any optical missile would use the k-mav image, laser or ir would use the d-mav image.

--Tailhooks/wingfolding useable for non-flyables (no matter which cockpit is used). Key for launching the catapult on the US carrier ("u" key maybe)

Can you see the mission possibilities opening up??

I think it takes aircraft specific coding to accept diferent weapon symbology on HUD. Dont think its possible or very realistic. The only possible exception to this would be the A-10's CCIP for the F-15...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hello VapoR,

I don't know if I am allowed to talk about this, but let's just say that Black Shark will introduce some new possibilities for making AI aircraft flyable ;) .

Pehaps not quite to the extend you propose, but very interesting nevertheless :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

I have a couple of ideas for the implementation of humancockpit = yes in LOBS. First of all, I realize that realism is way off since you will be using the wrong cockpit and avionics. I read not too long ago on these boards that SFM will be used for nonflyables in 1.2. Ok, so the overpowered fm for humancockpit = yes is gone . . . I think that the ability to use some of the nonflyables as flyable in mp missions could open up a lot of possibilities for balancing--take for instance the blue side lacking SEAD.

Here's my ideas (these would only be active for nonflyables, not the current flyables):

--Add the phantasmagoria's HUD symbology to all the current plane's HUDs, so when using an aircraft that has SEAD capability you will have a way to target the missiles.

Example (using an f-15 pit for a flyable F-16 or 18): switch to a2g mode, then hit "I" and you will get the phantasmagoria's symbology in the f-15 HUD.

--Add the maverick tv and ir image to an mfd when a nonflyable is carrying a2g missiles.

Example (same pit/plane combo as above): radar mfd becomes mav seeker image if a mav is selected. any optical missile would use the k-mav image, laser or ir would use the d-mav image.

--Tailhooks/wingfolding useable for non-flyables (no matter which cockpit is used). Key for launching the catapult on the US carrier ("u" key maybe)

Can you see the mission possibilities opening up??

JJ

Thats certainly interesting. Awaiting for ther news.

I am letting my imagination run wild but allowing HUD symbology edits would rock. Something like in F4, we could perhaps say what areas of the cocptit screen shows what. Except for items that the aircraft is not suposed to show.

My PC specs below:

Hello VapoR,

I don't know if I am allowed to talk about this, but let's just say that Black Shark will introduce some new possibilities for making AI aircraft flyable ;) .

Pehaps not quite to the extend you propose, but very interesting nevertheless :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

Cool! Can't wait to hear what's in the works . . .

Any way you could pass these requests to the powers that be?

I thought so, even then its going to have limitations, no?

My PC specs below:

My question is what arethe odds of ED ever opening things up for comunity produced cockpits? AMy be at least by allowing us to design and submit cockpits.

I could swear someone from ED said something about releasing a limited SDK some time ago.