gbu 38 not aln

Nruff

Hi, this is prob a really simple thing im missing here but when selecting my GBU 38's on my dsms there boxes are white with not aln on them been driving me mad for a couple of days now please someone help a guy out every time i look for tutorials on them they already got nice green boxes with rdy on it :helpsmilie:

When you rush through startup and take off quickly that happens a lot.

they take some time to ground align.

Stay on ground until they are. As soon as you take off they will never finish alignment.

This might not be a technically perfect description but thats what it comes down to.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Just switch to inflight alignment right after the CDU Bittest is complete. You can roll out right after engine spoolup, assuming you are not changing armament / fuel level. And flying without a TVV and autopilot for ~3min is not that inconvenient

It's possible to get the EGI aligned while in flight? Where is that option?

• 2 weeks later...

Aii... don't get it right until now with the GBU 38:

- starting from ramp,

- waiting until aligned: 4.0 0.8

- flying the (selfmade mission),

- masterarm on, TGP on,

- GBU 38 is aligned rdy (but white),

- nearing the target, she is (sometimes) a short while green but after that soon white again and not rdy to go,

- same effect with the 103, 105

Wondering what I'm still doing wrong????? :(: any suggestions?

Best regards, Willem

Aii... don't get it right until now with the GBU 38:

- starting from ramp,

- waiting until aligned: 4.0 0.8

- flying the (selfmade mission),

- masterarm on, TGP on,

- GBU 38 is aligned rdy (but white),

- nearing the target, she is (sometimes) a short while green but after that soon white again and not rdy to go,

- same effect with the 103, 105

Wondering what I'm still doing wrong????? :(: any suggestions?

Like i said earlyer in this thread , if you fly in a straight line for too long the bomb loses alignment. Since the 103 and 105 also use INS its highly likely the same thing happens with them. Do you fly straight at your target right after takeoff? Try maneuvering a little prior to weapon release

Thanks McBlemmen,

Did certainly not flying straight lines all the time: in this mission is a 180 grad turn; after the target again some 180 grad turns: no success;

should there be need fore some more maneuvering?

Did some more tries:

- with align in flight: also no success,

- touched after some target by passes with the weapons "white" some buttons of the CDU Align: also the "update" and at one moment, they were "green": must do some "investigation" and more tries with this.

Best regards, Willem

I had a similar issue with this the other day. I always wait for a full ground INS align, but when I tried to drop a GBU 38, it wouldn't release. I checked the DSMS, and sure enough, they were white, not green. (I ended up landing, re-arming, re-loading everything on the "LOAD" page, going back up, and they worked. Strange.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Pretty odd: made some other similar flights (not doing else as before) and now............................ all 38's are steady "green"; only sometimes "white", but then a simple maneuvering is anough to make them green again (same for the 103's and 105's) .......... ????? :huh: :thumbup:

Another question is the minimum tolerated level for bombing with these bombs: better make a separate topic (to stay on-topic) :)

Best regards, Willem

Done several flights more and the conclusion is that I made indeed too few "movements" (what you suggested allright McBlemmen) after the bombs got "white": maybe, when you leave the bombs too long "white", it will get more difficult to get them "green" again.

Now, I make small movements direct after seeing them get "white" so that they get "green" again and everything works fine :)

Best regards, Willem