Joystick tipps

My current stick is broken so i want to buy a New one

Does someone know a cheap but good Joystick with a real throttle, Not just so a little weird one? If yes, could you Please tell me the Name of that stick?

Thanks for any names and Tipps.

There is that : https://www.google.ca/search?q=X+52&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NaSxVKzZMYK1yQTf8IH4DQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1017

(X52)

But its not necesserely cheap...depends on you. Is it good? I never had it so can't really help.

I only know of 4 joysticks : logitech 3d pro (20$-ish), the X52, the X55 and the warthog, so If you are looking for something between those, I can't really help you :/

For that budget with separate throttle, Thrustmaster Hotas X is the only choice. TM T.16000 is imho much better stick for the same price (+-), but has only throttle slider. Saitek Cyborg has a little bit better throttle, but I can't comment on that stick... although I heard it's crap.

Or used X52...

saitek quality control is bad.

my first x52 years......after madcatz, my x65f 7 moths......it was bad assambly......metal cuting wires......disaster assambly

I get a x52 pro becouees I want to get a custom one using x65 metal parts.

Afte half year (I use t a lot) it don ge neear the old x52.....

Bewar of arcade simulator on cheap (parts) joys.....(that can $$$$)

Get yourself a favor, buy quality, and try to get something that can get spare parts.

The time and mony you lose becouse poor joystick is a lot.

Or buy somthing now and plan your final solution using custom joys.

Hey guys, Thank you all for those names but i'm wondering if this stick is also able to handle dcs: Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, because i just saw that he's getting used AT star citizen and elite dangerous

Anybody know something about this one?

Hi razo+r,

I have a T-Flight Hotas X and I think it's a good choice to start playing DCS, even for the A-10C. But I also recommend that you use a facetracking device with it. (PSEye + FacetrackNoIR = 12USD)

It doesn't have as many buttons and hats than a X52 but with 2 or 3 modifiers you will be able to map enough command to your device.

You can find useful device profile on this forum for the Hotas X

TM T.16000 is a good stick, AT least it looks good for me, price is also good but i don't like the throttle but thanks

Yep, but take into account that though the throttle is not a lever, the stick uses HALL sensors, which gives it a very high precision and should reduce wear... if you really want to fly a lot and have formation flights, master air refueling, aerobatics etc. precision is something to consider... depending on what you fly rudder pedals are a good idea, also. (Helicopter, WWII planes)

If you want to get into SIM flying as a hobby, the final recommended setup would be a decent HOTAS, some rudder pedals with brakes(!) and a precise headtracker.

Not that all this is "required", but the investments pay off, if you fly regularly and with the "reality" attitude.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes and no! I know: NOT helpful ;-)

Yes, it can be used for facetrack. No, it won't be near as good as the PS3 eye cam.

The camera needs a high framerate! 60fps or better 120fps and a decent resolution (TrackIR uses a special calculation to get more precision).

If you use a IR diode setup on a hat and remove the IR filter from the webcam (or filter out the normal light?), you get something similar to TrackIR. There are a lot of manuals and explanations on how to build your own tracking solution.

As I did go for a TrackIR right away I never tried to built one. It seems it works, but requires a lot of tinkering.

If you think along a ready to use TrackIR, consider the TrackIR 4pro (hat-clip is absolutely ok, Track-clip pro is just expensive and a little bit better).

The TrackIR 5 has "better" resolution, yet personally I saw no noticeable difference to the TrackIR 4pro... so around $99 for the TIR4 gives you a nice ready to use tracker.

If you like tinkering and are on a tight budget a freetrack or facetrackNoIR is a good alternative, but needs some time and skill...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Usually all "Axis" on USB controllers have a forward/center/backward setup by default. What you have to do, is tell DCS in the controls configuration, that the Axis is a slider and may be invert it. Now the 0%/full back position is at the end of the axis in game...

Shagrat

P.S. I don't know if the TM 16.000 has a middle detent... may a TM16.000 owner can chime in and clarify?

Shagrat

P.S. I don't know if the TM 16.000 has a middle detent... may a TM16.000 owner can chime in and clarify?

No, it does not. The travel is quite short, only about 18mm but it is smooth.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm still using an old Saitek Cyborg Evo. It is from the pre-Mad Catz era so it's not a bad joystick. When I bought it, it was kind of a mid to high end stick, now it's the bottom of the heap.

I have my eye out for a new flight setup; seems there are some low end choices and high end controllers like the Thrustmaster Warthog, but not much in between.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC | 2 x Acer G235H | Samsung 850 256 GB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Saitek Cyborg Evo

only low end and high end? I dont think so.

as mentioned for HOTAS systems you can get:

Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X

Saitek X52

Saitek X52Pro

Saitek X55 Rhino

CH Products Stick + Pro Throttle

Thrustmaster Warthog

quite wide variety of systems imho. here I need to mention that we can also build our own setup - like T.Flight Hotas X throttle + Thrustmaster T16000M stick, CH Pro Throttle + Defender Cobra M5 etc...

And regarding sticks only there is much more to choose from.

Edited by 313_Nevo

I do agree with you but I still wish TM produced a mid-grade (~200) product.

The T.Flight Hotas X and the T.16000M are not bad at all for the price. The T.16000M even has hall sensors and accepts Target programming. It seems like a middle ground between the Warthog and those two could be quite a nice product.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: