Mk 84 question

A.P. Hill

Hi,

I have been trying to get Mk 84's to release in CCRP mode.Altitude is around 10,000 feet.

I mark target, with TGP, I see the two lines, see the counter drop hold the weapons release button as the counter drops through the center ball ....nothing... no drop. I watch a tutorial (this one >>

) that show how to do it and I believe followed it and still nothing. I don't have a problem with GBU 12 laser guided bombs releasing in CCRP mode so I think I understand the method, I must be just missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

He must as he said " hold the weapons release button as the counter drops through the center ball".

It must be a Nose/Tail setting.

What message do U get on the hud?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Are you familiar with the fact that the parameters for dropping unguided bombs CCRP are different than guided ones?

By default, mk series bombs are in "5 mil" mode, meaning the PBIL must be within the very small circle in the middle as the countdown reaches zero, with the pickle button pressed.

I guess you are right there, Falgrum.

Usually dropping a bomb in CCRP, guided or not, requires the following:

SPI on target

Masterarm on

Weapon selected

Straight and level flight, ideally without a- or deceleration

If pipper is on target, hold release button. When the countdown ran through and you heard the release of the bomb, you can stop holding the button and start your escape manouver.