Lose radio access on takeoff

thdman1511

I have been watching alot of training video, and when I went in to play some of the missions I notices that I had access to my radio communications prior to take off and lost access once in the air. Has anyone encountered this issue previously and if so how to fix it or should I put the issues in the bugs and issues section.

I was trying to practice using my wingman and the datalink system but could not due to the issue. Datalink was activated on the radio panel, turn on in the NAV panel, self ID set and select to com. Las set to las, master arm on. however pressing the \ button would not allow me to access the communications menu. I checked the integrity of the files all ok.

so im baffled.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

Yes , same issue! Just flew the shark for the first time in FOREVER yesterday to try and get back into it , once airborne i could NOT access radio menu anymore (i even tried rebinding it...)

Not sure if its ONLY radio menu , becouse i coudltn change weapon pylons either (but that could have very well been my own fault i was trying to do a cold and dark manual start for the first time..)

After crashing down and breaking my landing gear and tail , i could use it again.... i thought i was going nuts honestly.

edit : yup maverick was right.. i'm an idiot.

Edited by McBlemmen

Thanks flagrum and Maverick, that solved the problems, just out of curiosity, have you had any difficulties with changing the weapons pylons, I have them binded to my hotas, however I cannot change between them nor access my external weapons. My hotas bindng are for the following:

I or weapons selections inward stations

y for weapons selecton outward stations.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

The issue is resolved, the tutorial I was watching did not mention the Alt+\ once you are in the air. Kept referring to the communications menu. Thanks for all your advice and help.

• 6 months later...