[CLOSED] Climb rate appears to be to high, even for 109k

KenobiOrder

Earlier when flying the 109 something felt off so I did some climb tests. At SL I was able to obtain a climb rate of 6100 fpm at a climb speed of 200mph TAS. I started at 185mph and accelerated into this climb so it was not a zoom. I maintained 6000-4800 up to 15,000ft at which point I lowered the nose since my arm got tired. The climb rate dropped briefly until the plane gained speed at the new climb angle. At 21,000 ft I was going up at 4700fpm at 277mph TA S. Given that a 109k should climb at 4500ish on the deck, this seems off to me.

Tacview-20150105-224931-DCS.txt.rar

Edited by KenobiOrder
  • Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I read it was suppose to climb at a rate of 15m/s whith militarypower and 24m/s at MW50 boost at SL and I read that climing speed for 109G was 250kph. But those climb rates are for C3 fuel 109K4s not B4.

If that is true what you said, we have 31m/s moster on our hands. Unfortunately I don't have tac view and time to make those tests. Can someone verify it?

It is a German plane, so everything we will get about it from books is going to be in metric.

This is a chart with B4 fuel. From this I can read that Without MW50 at military power the climb rate is at 15m/s and with MW50 at full power the climb should be around 22m/s

5026_28_DBSonder_MW_steig.jpg

This is a chart for C3 fuel:

5026-19_DCSonder_MW_steig.jpg

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

If you watch my track you'll see that I accelerate into the climb from about 160mph to 200mph. It easily holds 6000-5000fpm to about 15k

Your post will have more impact if you use SI units (Système International). Not only do the 109K-4 instruments and all German test documents use SI units, so do the programmers who work for ED.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Your post will have more impact if you use SI units (Système International). Not only do the 109K-4 instruments and all German test documents use SI units, so do the programmers who work for ED.

Ture but we can still convert it. And it took him about 6min to get to 9000m. This way to high.

qCpFdV3.png?1

Edited by Solty
adding evidence

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

KenobiOrder please switch to normal... I mean metric units :)

Also, is there climb rate given in tacview?

Also, what power setting were you using? 1.4 or 1.8 ATA?

Edited by Solty
  • Like 1

My channel:

You can change units in options. Climb rate is shown in telemetry page

VS=6000ft/min=30m/s at SL which makes the plane overclimb like hell.

At high altitudes 7000m VS=5000ft/min=25m/s

The K4 is overclimbing. I was suspecting that after when in MP I jumped a slow flying Bf109 (around 380-400kph) in my P-51 (I was going 400mph) and went into zoomclimb and this 109 just started climbing vertical behind me and stalled at the same time I did.

Edited by Solty

My channel:

Yes indeed. I do hope this gets some dev attention and gets fixed

A 109 that climbs like a F-86 isn't fun at all.

Oh ruin all us bf pilots dogfighting fun.........

:P

Na but i think it should be addressed in the future. But in the mean time i WANT SPITFRIE. :P

487th Squadron

Section Leader

Not sure I follow.

I hate when I notice this innacuracies in the flight models, specially when I have a flightsim in higher standards, but it's good to have people testing it, so that the Devs can at least think about fixing the most screaming bugs, like this one ...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I hate when I notice this innacuracies in the flight models, specially when I have a flightsim in higher standards, but it's good to have people testing it, so that the Devs can at least think about fixing the most screaming bugs, like this one ...

Yeah its definitely I big deal. I mean, this isnt even close to the IRL climb rate. Depending on the cause of the issue it might affect other performance aspects as well. Is it producing too much power or thrust or something? Or is the aircraft weight wrong? I dont mean the weight as shown in game, but perhaps its displayed correctly but the game is calculating it as much lighter or something?

Yeah its definitely I big deal. I mean, this isnt even close to the IRL climb rate. Depending on the cause of the issue it might affect other performance aspects as well. Is it producing too much power or thrust or something? Or is the aircraft weight wrong? I dont mean the weight as shown in game, but perhaps its displayed correctly but the game is calculating it as much lighter or something?

Probably too much power... I had noticed it while taxiing - just a bit of throttle and there it goes... You have to keep it very low on throttle in order not to get to high speeds even on ground...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Probably too much power... I had noticed it while taxiing - just a bit of throttle and there it goes... You have to keep it very low on throttle in order not to get to high speeds even on ground...

Well it might be it:

But it hits 598kph at SL in level flight.(I checked it today) So it is almost exact like the chart for level flight speeds of the Bf109K4 with MW50 and 1.8ATA (I (B4 fuel)

5026-27_DBSonder_MW_geschw.jpg

Edited by Solty

My channel:

If it is too much power this might be affecting more than just the climb rate. More power would probably mean too high of top speed, and turn rate.....in fact it would affect just about every aspect of the FM presumably.

Well it might be it:

But it hits 598kph at SL in level flight.(I checked it today) So it is almost exact like the chart for level flight speeds of the Bf109K4 with MW50 and 1.8ATA (I (B4 fuel)

5026-27_DBSonder_MW_geschw.jpg

Which line are you going off of, If memory serves the dark black line is for the experimental dunblatt prop, which was not put on production aircraft.

It wouldnt make a big difference at SL, but at high altitude it makes the top speed go from 441 to 454.

Edited by KenobiOrder

Which line are you going off of, If memory serves the dark black line is for the experimental dunblatt prop, which was not put on production aircraft.

Yes I was going with the solid black thick line. Is that propelor better or worse than the normal one for this altitude?

In game at SL we get 598kph

My channel: