Range of Cat "Unknown"vehicles

xracer

I'm doing this mission which has been quite some work and i really don't want to do a unrealistic trick to make the problem i go away :-) So the thing is i need a couple of trucks to travel 42nm (yes i know nm on a truck hehe) anyway as i can see, most of the trucks in that cat show in ME that they can do 23nm (i guess on a full tank of gas). Even if encyclopedia shows probably the correct values in reallife. Maybe its too advanced for the ME to deal with a refuel along the road or something for a poor private doing his job? All vehicles i've tried stop more or less in the same area. Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All ground vehicles in the game have unlimited fuel. However there is a bug/quirk of AI behavior where the AI will give up on a route if they can't maintain a specified travel speed. For instance if the max speed of a vehicle is 30 kmh and you tell it to go 60 kmh, its ETA will be calculated on the 60 kmh figure. When the actual ETA is reached the AI might try to go directly to the destination briefly before giving up.

Also I have no idea what you mean by "category unknown"... To my knowledge there is no such category in game, unless it is modded units.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

All ground vehicles in the game have unlimited fuel. However there is a bug/quirk of AI behavior where the AI will give up on a route if they can't maintain a specified travel speed. For instance if the max speed of a vehicle is 30 kmh and you tell it to go 60 kmh, its ETA will be calculated on the 60 kmh figure. When the actual ETA is reached the AI might try to go directly to the destination briefly before giving up.

Thanks alot Grimes! That sounds very true since i did mess with the speed to higher values a couple of times and they also tried to shortcut through impossible terrain a few times just before they gave up. I will do a few more tests to see if i get it right.

Also I have no idea what you mean by "category unknown"... To my knowledge there is no such category in game, unless it is modded units.

Yeah, sorry i was very tired when i wrote that and of course what i really meant was "category unarmed".

-

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]