Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

Anatoli-Kagari9

Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

• Aerobatic Sukhoi, Yak, Pitts, Extra,...
    • Cessna Skyhawk, Piper Arrow, Beechcraft Baron, ...
    • Turboprop PC-12, B200, ...
    • Helicopter Bell 206, AS350, Robinson 44, ...
    • None !!!! I only want something with a canon!!!

Under the poll it says:

I don't know how 204 potential buyers and 99 cannon only guys add up to that ;)

Actually, it's now 209 :-)

@Imp, that's because it's a multiple choice poll, so, actually the same person could buy different modules, and ED will certainly be interested more in how many modules would be bought than in how many customers they have for the Universe of modules :-)

Among those 196 users who participated, so far, in the poll, some have entered multiple aircraft choices ;-) - Even better!!!

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Me personally I'd love to fly some non military aircraft in DCS.

I have spoken to a few flying clubs who are actually interested in having DCS as a prep sim for some of their classes as well.

Do I forsee a future in DCS where there is a host of non combat aircraft? Yes absolutely, we will at VEAO dev any of them? Yeah I think there is a fair chance that we will do at least a couple of non military aircraft.

Pman

Provided I am flying the VEAO Lancaster by then, I say go for it ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I vote the c-130.

Cannon is misleading. I don't want dcs to be just 70 year old ww2 planes.

I only play for the military aircraft. Awacs support might be a fun role if the game supported it.

I expect if they threw a concord in there id probably fly it.

New map though. Looking at navada. Yes, yes.

From my point of view, unarmed aircraft could very well have a place in DCS, but pure civil aircraft don't fit the Sim. The Map is way too small for flight distances of bigger aircraft, and the whole thing is called Digital COMBAT Simulator for a reason.

I like civil aviation and would like a well simulated airliner, with flight physics as good as DCS's. But I don't see myself buying DCS Cessna Skylane or DCS 747-800

I would love to fly an An-2 type of aircraft! I imagine a scenario, when in a combat mission, one can undertake an assignment of transporting vitally needed supplies to a stranded detachment, or fly a high ranking officer to the front. I could ask for air cover and fly nap of the earth while my comrades fight off the enemies trying to shoot me out of the sky. And when I complete the mission, my side gets bonus points, or extra missiles thus swinging the tide of war to my side's favor.

There are a lot of An-2s still flying around, so I would imagine, that making an An-2 module shouldn't be too difficult.

P.S. A Fieseler Storch maybe?

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

For an airbus... well... I am still waiting for FSLabs :-)

What's wrong with Aerosoft's Airbus 318/19 & 320/21?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What's wrong with Aerosoft's Airbus 318/19 & 320/21?

Oh, nothing - they're great too, but not with the level of detail the FSLabs offer is going ( supposedly ) to provide...

I had the 320/21, and am in the fence to upgrade to the new version, but so involved with DCS lately that I have to save for DCS modules ;-)

Also, to be honest, I have Aerowinx PSX for the 744, so I would rather take the Airlinetools Flightdeck a3xx offer, but it is just too expensive :-(

I can always pretend I am flying civil registered MiG-21bis =)

Voted for the cannon!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have to vote for number 5 on that one... I come to this flight sim for the modern COMBAT. If i wanna fly any of the above aircraft, I have FSX Steam edition (that DOES work now, right? It's totally ready for prime time now and has no bugs, right?)

FSX is certainly a GREAT platform! But, it is worth being used if you're up to IFR flying, airliners, leisure flying on some really nice prop GA...

But if you want to really "feel" the aircraft flying like a real prop aircraft, specially if we're talking something like a powerful ww2 fighter, FSX fail miserably to achieve even near the quality / performance of DCS...

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyro23 viewpost.gif

Well, idea of having civilian aircraft inside DCS is IMHO strange for the lack of better word.

The "C" in DCS should keep meaning something. The way I see it: DCS is already being dissolved by WWII(and a little bit by trainers), adding civilian aircraft would not be good for it, I believe.

So big NO for civ aircraft from me.

Funny, WWII is not that particular "C"? That "C" stands for 'jet engines and BVR missiles' or something? smile.gif

A little bit yes. You see, adding warbirds that do not fit, at all, into current battlefield (both regarding map, year and other equipment present in the sim) is not combat simulation but Si-Fi simulation of alternative universe.

I would not mind if some company have bought DCS engine and made separate and proper WWII sim (with all units, maps etc.) Instead we have what we have now, altogether with very vocal part of community that wants more WWII (or now civilian planes:doh:) in DCS while there are there at least 2 preety good WWII sims (also good civ sims).

Sarcasm on: Hey WWI fans, who wants to fly Zeppelin !?:Sarcasm off.

I'm just a bit afraid that for developers, it would be much easier to do some WWII warbird and sell if fot 50 $ than do a proper module of modern fighter and sell it also for 50$. The amount of research and work needed to make both modules is quite easy to compare and it doesn't look good for modern fighters. After all for majority of developers it is a business. Keeping that in mind we may never again have real "DCS" only Si-FiSim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little bit yes. You see, adding warbirds that do not fit, at all, into current battlefield (both regarding map, year and other equipment present in the sim) is not combat simulation but Si-Fi simulation of alternative universe.

Define what fits. We don't really have a year for DCS. The map isn't really an issue, anything could [have] fight [fought] there. If you want to be really picky and say that anything less than historically accurate is not a simulation (which I don't really think makes sense), then WWII aircraft fit the current map better than F-15's etc because they were actual there during a war.

I would not mind if some company have bought DCS engine and made separate and proper WWII sim (with all units, maps etc.) Instead we have what we have now, altogether with very vocal part of community that wants more WWII (or now civilian planes:doh:) in DCS while there are there at least 2 preety good WWII sims (also good civ sims).

Sarcasm on: Hey WWI fans, who wants to fly Zeppelin !?:Sarcasm off.

What you described is happening, with the added benefit of being within DCS itself (why should I go buy another sim when I like DCS?). What we have now is merely a midpoint on the way to the end goal.

I'm just a bit afraid that for developers, it would be much easier to do some WWII warbird and sell if fot 50 $ than do a proper module of modern fighter and sell it also for 50$. The amount of research and work needed to make both modules is quite easy to compare and it doesn't look good for modern fighters. After all for majority of developers it is a business. Keeping that in mind we may never again have real "DCS" only Si-FiSim.

If it was this simple, every sim would be WWI sims because the aircraft would be really simple. However this isn't how it works. Just look at Pman's post in the F-16 thread (which I think got merged with the US wishlist thread).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Exactly that !!! :thumbup:

And, so far, those who voted show that there are 209 potential buyers :thumbup: for such possible Civil modules, and 96 canon-only guys :pilotfly:

You can't base potential buyers off of this poll. There are a lot of people that didn't vote, haven't seen this or saw it and didn't care to vote because it said civilian modules in the topic heading.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

You can't base potential buyers off of this poll. There are a lot of people that didn't vote, haven't seen this or saw it and didn't care to vote because it said civilian modules in the topic heading.

And according to the OP its multiple choise wich inflates the pro-civilian answers.

Flying civilian a/c online is fun for about 5 minutes...then you see a fully loaded A10C or SU25T fly past and get the 'itch' to want to blow some $hit up. I do. No civil a/c for me. Would prefer the devs work on something like the F105 Thunderchief or A6 Intruder or F4 Phantom II.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

And according to the OP its multiple choise wich inflates the pro-civilian answers.

I understand that, maybe you need to re-read what I wrote....not arguing with anyone here. I wonder how many people saw civilian and never looked in the thread to see what it was about. Because I did that at first.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Guns Guns Guns! (Not just cannons, machine guns too!) WWII is where I'm at, I enjoy the modern jets too. But perhaps a DCS: 747 would be intersting . . . . :D

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Sorry, skipped to page 10 and didn't think to read through all of them.

But what is the end result of this poll?

Combat simulation!!!! not Civil Simulation...

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

One or two might be cool, but I don't want to see even a half dozen. It'd be cool to force a (live) non-combat jet pilot to have to land at a cleared out airbase and have to wait on the ground while hostiles are incoming to load evacuees and refuel while his buddies in the fast movers and/or mud movers have to fend off the baddies coming to get him. But this is a very niche scenario for a combat simulator. One Learjet or something would be fully sufficient for this kind of thing.

The only CIv aircraft i would think that would fit the bill would be say the light piper cubs that flew recon in korea and vietnam,. These ballsy wench drenchers flew a piper cub over enemy fire and launched not explosives but phosperous marking rockets just to piss em off and wait for the napalm to drop. That would be the only CIv plane because like the huey, it has a secondary role in that it was a recreational aircraft but was also used in the heat of battle.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I think the main thing this thread tells us is that there is a huge variety of ways that people get their fun out of flights sims. Nobody is saying you have to buy or fly them and I doubt it would be the same developers making the civil stuff. It would bring in new customers (with their cash) and they would get to see how much better DCS is than any other flight sim out there. I think it would grow the DCS world with more planes, maps (maybe even the whole world) and not take anything away from the combat only guys, it would be a win win...

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.