Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

Anatoli-Kagari9

Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

• Aerobatic Sukhoi, Yak, Pitts, Extra,...
    • Cessna Skyhawk, Piper Arrow, Beechcraft Baron, ...
    • Turboprop PC-12, B200, ...
    • Helicopter Bell 206, AS350, Robinson 44, ...
    • None !!!! I only want something with a canon!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From WAGS in the Q&A with Mudspike.

“DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras, in different geographical locations and at different levels of fidelity. It is a true “sand box” simulation.”

"We have a very strategic look at DCS World encompassing decades of combat aviation. We are clearly in the beginning stages, but as the stables of aircraft grow and maps are added, the concept will flesh-out and we will have created something very special."

:thumbup:

Edited by Mike Busutil

From WAGS in the Q&A with Mudspike.

“DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras, in different geographical locations and at different levels of fidelity. It is a true “sand box” simulation.”

:thumbup:

ooh

there you go

so.. civvie a/c are "on the horizon"

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would really like a Boing 707

or for the "C"-fanatics a C-135!

We could use it as: - AWACS (E-3)

- Tanker (KC-135) maybe even with multicrew boom operator, so we

do not get bothered by the stupid AI operators anymore

- Cargo (C-135) obviously

- VIP transport (VC-137 Airforce One from '59 to '01)

would also work for the IL-76, apart fom Airforce One, but I like the 707 better ;D

• Like 1

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My vote is an emphatic #2. I am a longtime FSX/P3D user who focuses on GA aircraft only. I would buy every GA single or twin created for DCS. Furthermore, I think this would open up your community to many many new users. I'd certainly be putting out the good word.

The only issue I see is that, yes, FSX and P3D users want a better option (that's not X-Plane), but they also want worldwide coverage with ATC and weather. It's very important for the hardcore commercial and GA simmer.

Good luck. Make it and I will buy it.

twin GA aircraft, single turbo prop like TB 750 or PC12, single like C172 or lancair or bravo, DC10, 727, TU114 or TU95, B17 or Lancaster here is my credit card number!

Edited by Freddo

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

• ED Team
I sure hope so. A Fieseler Fi 156 Storch would be another of my immediate buys if it ever showed up :thumbup:

Not really a civilian aircraft, some variants had a rear gunner, and I thought I read it was the last aircraft shot down in the War in Europe (brought down by a side arm shot from a similar aircraft on the Allies side)

That said, I would love to try a DCS version of the Storch.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Any civ aircraft with a combat role would be awesome, from cubs to storches and c-47s to kc135s are all good in my books, opens up the player base.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Please please please!!!

Someone make a Cessna 172 model!!

We are forced to train in Flight Simulator X with crap graphics and with an FM of a tricycle toy for kids.

We all need a DCS standards aircraft to fly virtually our trainer for real!!

Please:pilotfly::joystick::cry:

335th_GREros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it doesn't have a gun or launch missiles I'm not interested. Trying to use DCS as a civil aviation platform is as silly as trying to use FSX or X-Plane as a combat flight sim. Can it be done? Yeah, but it was never designed for it and will never be as good as a platform designed from the ground up for it.

If it doesn't have a gun or launch missiles I'm not interested. Trying to use DCS as a civil aviation platform is as silly as trying to use FSX or X-Plane as a combat flight sim. Can it be done? Yeah, but it was never designed for it and will never be as good as a platform designed from the ground up for it.

I dunno - surely combat aviation is more-or-less a super-set of civilian?

I can't imagine where DCS would be unable to support fun with civvy planes. The ATC's a bit crap right now, but other than that...?

I know everyone!

we should get an Antonov AN-225!!! That would be the best plane ever! (and the biggest)

:)

Or something more reasonable: Boeing 747-800

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I know everyone!

we should get an Antonov AN-225!!! That would be the best plane ever! (and the biggest)

:)

Or something more reasonable: Boeing 747-800

Hmm,you mean Air Force One VC-25.:music_whistling:As much as i like flying civilian aircraft on my FS2004,i think DCS should stay military aircraft only.That doesn't mean we cannot have a military version of a Cessna Skyhawk or a passenger jet converted for military applications like a KC-135 Stratotanker.I do hope once multi-crew is implemented and refined and AI improves for multi-crew aircraft in single player mode.We can start seeing Bombers,Airlift,Tankers and Recon planes and helicopters of all types.That's what i wanna see.:thumbup:

Well, i don't believe a cessna 172 civil is hard to make..no weapon systems or anything special.

We just need switches and a realistic FM up to DCS standards..even the damage model doesn't have to be that detailed...

People who say they love FSX can you please tell me how you manage to love it?

It's pixelated all over, with planes that go through buildings and crappy FM.

Maybe i'm missing something and i really want to know what.

Once it comes out in DCS i believe it will take all people from FSX!;)

But on the other hand, if we are talking about stealing programming hours from the devs to do it, i surely prefer these hours to go on a P-38!

335th_GREros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are You guys saying, that the Cessna 172 in FSX has a bad flight model?

If I recall correctly, MSFS was actually certified for use in real pilot training.

I believe you could log several hours on it towards getting a real pilots license.

Would that be possible with a bad flight model?

P.S. I got myself the FSX on the New Year sale from STEAM for something like a dollar :-)

Now I'm having second thoughts about my money being well spent :-)))

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'